2020 Day Trips! | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

I did 518 yesterday for the first time this year. The road never disappoints.
Watch for the gravel in the corners, especially going west.

Took a ride up to Parry Sound yesterday, bit on the chilly side, and dodged some dark clouds, but nice day ride.

Had to take a bunch of detours as it seems a bunch of bridges etc are under consturction, including Severn Bridge, Port Severn, Upper Big Shoot.

Did some more interesting road, I think, these are what seemed to get mentioned in the area HWY 17 to Big Chute, and HWY 632.

The route!
IMG_4164.jpg

Rest stop at Lake St George met some nice locals.
IMG_4109.jpg

Inuksuk around Port Severn, located around an abandon area.
IMG_4115.jpg

Big Chute Marine Railway - new to me never seen this before
IMG_4145.jpg

Rest stop in Parry Sound
IMG_4156 (1).jpg

Rest stop in Bala - getting late!
IMG_4162.jpg

The wife and I did our usual backyard run today. Southwood, Peninsula, Tally-ho Swords, 518, Ravenscliffe, 35 to 118, Uffington, Doe Lake rd, Housey Rapids rd and home through Oro. 470kms of good fun.
9d146b894fff3f1669874e89e1de5d1a.jpg
ecf0f3e01ffe7824131528249caa47eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Wandered the backroads west of Sauga with a vague notion to get to Dover somewhere around lunch depending on which way I zigged or zagged. Listening to a good audio book and the right drug combo made for an enjoyable ride.
Got to Calendon and hit up the Timmies on the way into town. There is a little train station a couple hundred meters off the road - caboose and park area and a couple nice benches in the shade.
Grand Trunk Railway Station - Haldimand County.

Looked at traffic and building heat and decided to slab back home. Enjoyable day.

P1360499.JPG

quiet shady place to take a break. Bench is just beyond the bike and a couple hundred meters from HWY6

P1360497.JPG

Last edited:
Last week sometime, just puttering, made my way out to Mamora and Madoc

As it happened
IMG_4240.jpg

Pitstop at this neat Bed & Breakfast with planes and other army stuff
IMG_4211.jpg

Pitstop in Peterborogh with some interesting murals.
IMG_4220.jpg

Havelock, not much around here
IMG_4231.jpg

Marmora, down by the river, after this is Deloro road, which was fun.
IMG_4234.jpg

Heading home, somewhere on the north side of Rice Lake waiting for the sun to go down a bit more so I can see heading west.
IMG_4237.jpg

Last week sometime, just puttering, made my way out to Mamora and Madoc

As it happened
View attachment 44680

Pitstop at this neat Bed & Breakfast with planes and other army stuff
View attachment 44681

Pitstop in Peterborogh with some interesting murals.
View attachment 44683

Havelock, not much around here
View attachment 44684

Marmora, down by the river, after this is Deloro road, which was fun.
View attachment 44685

Heading home, somewhere on the north side of Rice Lake waiting for the sun to go down a bit more so I can see heading west.
View attachment 44686

Looks like a great ride!

Reactions: J_F
QC HWY 101
about halfway between Temiscaming and Rouyn-Noranda
101 is a really nice road
Nice thanks! Yes it is, I did the north part of 101 last year from Matheson over to La Sarre, very empty. I did part of 101 south but turned at Notre-Dame du Nord. So I just missed it.

Reactions: J_F
Any road suggestions for someone missing riding the BC roads?? Lol
I should add the ontario landscapes and sightseeing just don't look the same right now.

Stopped in on the Motorcycle themed Coffee shop in Hamilton (serving from their window) On my way to do some riding up and down the escarpment roads.

Great Espresso!

736F3AA2-15E6-42B4-84B5-D2746763C8DE.jpeg48993D92-829A-47A8-A8FE-09538FB35F0C.jpeg488F62F5-AFD7-44FC-AD78-2ED993BF2617.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunday was beautiful for a ride. Did some puttering around Niagara region.
Hamilton / Caledonia / Cayuga / Port Maitland / Niagara Falls etc.

I was also curious what impact COVID had on visitors to the Falls, seemed busy as usual. Also tons of riders out.

Where I went
IMG_4294.jpg

Bridge In Cayuga
IMG_4256.jpg

Port Maitland Lighthouse
IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

The Falls
the falls.jpg

Waiting for a boat in St Catharines
IMG_4292.jpg

Any road suggestions for someone missing riding the BC roads?? Lol
I should add the ontario landscapes and sightseeing just don't look the same right now.
Head out for a long day or overnighter to Barry’s Bay and the Calabogie area. There are some really nice roads and scenery out that way. The sticky in this forum has a bunch mapped out too.

Went for a ride on Sunday around Niagara region. My first time riding along the Niagara parkway. The weather could not have been better for riding, just perfect. The parkway was surprisingly empty both ways, i was expecting slow moving traffic especially on my way back in afternoon. Rode for a total of 6.5 Hours with a 20 minutes break, my longest riding time in saddle on this bike and had enough energy to even party in the evening. Really impressed and surprised with just how comfortable the S1000R is.

@sburns: I think i saw you around Hamilton heading towards Niagara. Were you around Hamilton at around 1:30 pm?

Read recommendation for this place on this post so thought i should check it out. They were only serving breakfast items at the time. But the sandwich was awesome.
6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

I love finding Totem poles.
8.jpg

w.jpg

Sir Adam Beck Generating Station look out.
2.jpg

@sburns: I think i saw you around Hamilton heading towards Niagara. Were you around Hamilton at around 1:30 pm?
Really? I did cut through Hamilton kinda weird way. I avoided the Burlington bridge but had to cut back through Hamilton to get to Dundas then over to Ancaster, but I am not sure what time I did that part, it was early on.

I too was surprised of the lack of traffic along the Niagara parkway, pretty free flowing except near the Falls itself. Lots of covettes, and other fancy cars.

Nice photos!

Back
Top Bottom