2020 Day Trips! | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

How many km do you have on that Harley anyway @sburns? Guessing a whole lot.

It's getting up there. Changed the oil 2 weeks ago at 106,000 k....?

awesome

so that's 2 (that I recall) regular members here with over 100K on their Harleys
I figure there's more HD owners around like you guys than the posers
you guys are good sports for putting up with the commentary here!

Wowsa. Reliable bike too I assume?
So far so good. Noting major has needed to be replaced. But it is a bit tempermental and since it is a Harley figuring out stuff isn't always straightforward. But have to say it does take a beating pretty well, and doesn't feel worn out yet.

Reactions: LBV
So yesterdays ride went totally sideways for me with the weather. Somehow I missed seeing this nasty rainstorm in the forecast. I guess that explains why I didn't see too many other riders out. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I had intentions to get up to Burk Falls and explore around there and maybe up to North Bay. But my day started late, and well I found myself on some unusal back raods which took longer then I thought.

Here is how it kinda went. Part Southwood, part Old Muskoka road, Old Novar rd, 592, and 518, HWY 11 for the return.

IMG_4310.jpg

Stop in Gravenhurst
IMG_4302.jpg

Had to see the Dinosaur in Bracebridge.
IMG_4304.jpg

They also had a Snowbird!
IMG_4305.jpg

Found myself on some unusual back roads, but my off road Harley seems ok with it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
off road harley.jpg

Pit stop in Kearney
IMG_4309.jpg

So you can see the weather is starting to turn to shite. I needed to fill up the best option was to go to Burk Falls just a quick hop north and this storm was just starting. Got fuel and immediately headed south, and to what I though was a clearing in the storm...

weather 1.jpg

Nope somewhere after Huntsville that light totally disappeared and everything go much much worse.
weather 2.jpg

I got totally soaked and there was no break from this all the way home, about 4 hours of it. I did eventually stop in Egypt, at the community centre, which had driveway with a overhang. Made a quick stop swapped out some clothes and continued.

Bike handled great, honestly It runs so smooth in this stuff, the engine is even quieter, I think it likes it....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ya I know I am not the first to ride in rain, but that was a real soaker for me. Very happy with the mesh jacket with the rain liner, worked well!!

Yesterday I was not planning to do much riding. Just grab a photo tag and putter around Paris, but one thing lead to another and found myself going along the Grand River north and over through Orangeville, well it was such a nice day!

Milton, Paris, Cambridge, Guelph, Elora, Fergus, Orangeville.

IMG_4326.jpg

Neat looking church in Milton, I had never really been through the downtown before, usually just straight to Kelso or Rattlesnake point.
IMG_4312.jpg

Someplace along W River Rd, just enjoying the day
IMG_4314.jpg

Another pitstop along the Grand to check out this barn and sculpture
IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

@sburns where was that eagle?...do you remember what the plaque said?...nice pics :D

It’s at the same site as the Stone Slit Barn on Blair Road in Cambridge, about 5 minutes from where I live. The barn was restored by RaRe and is now rented out for wedding receptions etc.

Rob

Decided to beat it for a couple of days... No, that's not what I meant by "beat it"...

Heading out in the AM... 'Not too early though.
ALOBfV3.jpg

'Head back tomorrow...
2T1OvWb.jpg

'Not a killer test of endurance, but.... It beats sitting at home or going to work.

You iron-butters never cease to amaze me.

on day trips lately it's been fun to take gravel roads off the pavement
a good bet to somewhere scenic is to follow a boat launch sign

Deer Lake, just south of Algonquin Park, leaves are changing

3uq1ReZ.jpg

edit: @sburns zoom in on that front tire, the feathering is getting bad

Last edited:
and this road 648 - Loop Road
is a nice rip
many places to get off the pavement and nose around

YnzFrM3.png

Back
Top Bottom