2020 Day Trips! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

I sorta read that wrong initially
Mad Mike said:
.............The other time I got stuck topless in a Jeep at twilight in the swamps south of Parham on Hwy 38. CAA showed 4 hours later -- I probably got a thousand mosquito/blackfly/deer fly bites...............
Figured that would been a horror :unsure:

Bought a windshield and corbin seats for my sv650. I went to the fork of credit then to North York on the Sv650 ... Mixed feelings with the seats, my shoulders were KILLING me because of the seating position but they are so comfortable. I don't get a numb/sore butt anymore...

The windshield looks ugly but what a difference :D

Now I kind of want a cruiser or adv bike ahhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from Pickle Lake. Will make a ride report in a separate post as it wasn't really a "day trip". ;)

Found some tires for sale in Nipissing, so I went out for a solo day trip. $100 for a set of Pilot Road 4's with over 1/2 tread left!
Started at 6:45am and got home at 6:15pm. Rode just under 1100km in 11.5hrs:)

Route from Mississauga to Nipissing:
1594076584156.png

Route back from Nipissing to Mississauga:
1594076907264.png

One of my favourite spots to stop. Very quiet and always a clean portable toilet at this boat launch off Ravenscliffe.
IMG_3420.jpg

Decided to hit up the Bunny Trail and it was as amazing as I remembered it. Linking that up with the 520 before and the Hurdville Rd/McDougall Rd combo and then the 518 and Tally Ho - Swords Road is like 3hrs of twisty madness. This is somewhere off the Bunny Trail.
IMG_3426.jpg

I read on here earlier that the 518 was in no good shape and decided to check it out first hand. Not sure why anyone would think the pavement was not good, because I rode it as quick as I ever have. It was flat out amazing. Probably the best ever condition I have ridden it in 15 years. About 10km east of Sprucedale is this nice quiet boat launch with another portable toilet.
IMG_3427.jpg

Read on here that Upper Big Chute was nice to ride again and it was like riding on glass. Too bad the speed limit is so low, but it's still worth it. As I got into Severn, I was stopped by the Big Chute Marine Railway. I've seen it in action a lot of times, but never been stopped by it. Very cool!
IMG_3434.jpg

On my way home I decided to stop in at an old friends place. He kept me safe for 10 years of spirited riding.
IMG_3435.jpg

Perfect timing - this Road 5 tire is almost done. Made it to 18,000km and I'm going to try and squeeze another 500km out of it:) Very sticky in the corners, but I'm looking forward to going back to the PR4's.
IMG_3436.jpg

Great ride.
I thought you would have found a place up north to have them mounted and ride back with them.
But I guess using your existing tires and getting every last bit of rubber out of them made it that much more worth it.

Great pictures.
Not the picture I was expecting of your friends place. RIP :cry:

Thanks! He was my mechanic and a good friend who had a heart attack without any prior warning. I try to stop by there on my rides home if I have a few minutes of time.

I get Frekeyguy to swap the rubber on the rims and install them myself. I took your earlier advice and bought the tire from AceMotoTech and just waiting for it to come in.

This heat makes the bike stick in the corners like glue.

Looks like I have Fridays off for the rest of the summer...boo freekin whooo
The first trip was to Springridge Farm...man a guy can spend a few bucks here
IMG-20200626-110200.jpg

IMG-20200626-104707.jpg

Canada Day was another hot one so I made my way to Sarnia
There was a very nice cool breeze coming off the lake and river.
I took the country roads and before heading back I stopped at Alberts for some fries and a Sandwich and salad for diner at Patty Flahertys.
They are located right along the water...great place with lots of shade.

IMG-20200701-112509.jpg

IMG-20200701-141738.jpg

This past weekend I made my way past Cornwall to Glen Walter
I stopped at the Blue Anchor for lunch.
This is a great little place along the water and the beef dip was a big hit.
Another hot day with little relief.
1000 Island Pkwy and a great ride along the water

IMG-20200703-155002.jpg

IMG-20200703-155128.jpg

IMG-20200703-154829.jpg

IMG-20200703-162929.jpg

IMG-20200703-171616.jpg

Looks like I have Fridays off for the rest of the summer...boo freekin whooo
The first trip was to Springridge Farm...man a guy can spend a few bucks here
IMG-20200626-110200.jpg

IMG-20200626-104707.jpg

Those strawberry tarts looks amazing.
I used to ride Bell School Line all the time on my way to work.

Enjoy!

Today's "big" day trip for me was all the way to Port Hope to meet some friends who were already there this evening.

No problem I said, it's only 25 minutes away, I said. I'll just take the 401, I said. They'll still be there, no problem.

Gets on 401, fails to start Waze (because it's only 20 minutes away!), promptly runs headlong into painfully slow 5km traffic jam due to a truck fire...only 1 lane open.

Friends were indeed not there when I arrived. Took the leisurely way home and enjoyed it nonetheless.

fails to start Waze (because it's only 20 minutes away!
Been there and done that. ?‍♂️
Seems ridiculous to turn on a GPS to a place you probably know a better route to than the GPS itself.
On the other hand, it has saved me many times in terms of avoiding such situations you described.

Seems ridiculous to turn on a GPS to a place you probably know a better route to than the GPS itself.
On the other hand, it has saved me many times in terms of avoiding such situations you described.

I've had people comment on that before... "Why are you using a GPS to go to a x place, you've been there a million times".

I've had people comment on that before... "Why are you using a GPS to go to a x place, you've been there a million times".

Yup.

Not necessarily looking for the directions on how to get there. More so how to avoid (traffic, accidents, hazards) while getting there.

Yup.

Not necessarily looking for the directions on how to get there. More so how to avoid (traffic, accidents, hazards) while getting there.
For the 401 you need to be monitoring it in advance because of the volume of traffic there, and stupidity. What I found there is about 10 mins of lag time to what is displayed and what is current. I just try to avoid it all together, but sometimes there is no choice.

For the 401 you need to be monitoring it in advance because of the volume of traffic there, and stupidity. What I found there is about 10 mins of lag time to what is displayed and what is current. I just try to avoid it all together, but sometimes there is no choice.

It depends...if as little as 2 or 3 people report a a major traffic issue it will start recalculating and rerouting other traffic almost instantaneously.

If people however don't actively proactively report things and Waze/Google Maps has to passively gather traffic data from a broader swath of people before coming to it's own realization that something is wrong, the process is slower.

Went to Gravenhurst with bunch of friends today to have lunch at “Shelby's Chipwagon” which was explained to me as being something extraordinarily good.

It was firmly in the “Meh” category. Not sure if we just got them on a bad day or what, but they overcooked my chicken fingers and everybody else said that their food was just OK as well, although my wife’s onion rings were tasty.

Lots of riders at the Forks ....tables and umbrellas out tho masks required on both corners for pickup orders and no inside seating. Got a couple hundred k in listening to a good audio book and just enjoying the summer day tho it got too hot later.

Back
Top Bottom