Woke Toronto star "Journalist" tries to cancel a restaurant. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Woke Toronto star "Journalist" tries to cancel a restaurant.

It is? You mean we got noodles first? lol I I didn't fact check this.

According to this article, although the Chinese came up with pasta first, the Italians had pasta long before Polo went to China:

Its claimed that Marco Polo brought the secret of pasta back to Italy. In fairness the Italians did really take the idea and run with it.
Like tomato sauce, tomato was a 'new world' product, brought back by Columbus.

Flat bread was made by the Mesopitamians in the middle east, and the Inca and Aztec in central and south America. The Italians stole that to and 'discovered' pizza. What is authentic Italian food?? who really know? certainly not the Italians.

I don't agree with cancel culture, but let's not forget it's not a left-wing-only thing.

Remembering when right-wing snowflakes urged boycotts and sent death threats to some women playing guitars when they said things they didn't agree with:

The Dixie chick's took a chance . It backfired on then . They lost their fan base . You want to be woke you take a chance alienating people .

Im proud of what she said in london. no shame Nat. needed to be said.
Maybe, in all for free speech and don’t condemn their ideals. Celebrities have big platforms, they should use them.

The odd thing in this case is the built a business based on Dixie south charade, the outburst offended a lot of their fans, and a lot of Dixie.

You can't open a business or restaurant and serve anything that is from another culture now according to wokeness?
Almost.... You can do that... as long as your not white. When white people do it, its theft or cultural appropriation. When non-whites do it, its cultural appreciation.

Almost.... You can do that... as long as your not white. When white people do it, its theft or cultural appropriation. When non-whites do it, its cultural appreciation.

Some buddies and I were recently laughing about how you rarely find a Japanese chef making sushi (they're Korean or Chinese 90% of the time.)

Double standard + reverse racism is here I guess? This is the same logic/rationality as "OMFG BLACK WIDOW HAS A TIGHT ASS, THIS IS SEXUALIZATION!" and nobody bats an eye at Captain America's topless scenes (except a bunch of women getting wet in their loins like my wife.)

Some buddies and I were recently laughing about how you rarely find a Japanese chef making sushi (they're Korean or Chinese 90% of the time.)

Double standard + reverse racism is here I guess? This is the same logic/rationality as "OMFG BLACK WIDOW HAS A TIGHT ASS, THIS IS SEXUALIZATION!" and nobody bats an eye at Captain America's topless scenes (except a bunch of women getting wet in their loins like my wife.)
Thats another glaring double standard in our society.
Men who enjoy womans bodies = disgusting perverts.
Woman who enjoy mens bodies = empowered.

Buff firefighters can go on the Oprah show and have the women fondle their pecs, imagine the outrage if swimsuit models went on a show and the male host and audience fondled their breasts, legs and ass.

Recently the show "The Bachelorette" had the males play a game where the losers had to strip naked. What would happen if the roles were reversed?

It's not about the food itself. . It's the way the food is presented. The gimmick of using the innuendo for Jerk or Pho is childish. Some might find
it funny. Try saying Jerk Sauce at a Jamaican restaurant and see if anybody laughs.
Treat people the way they want to be treated with respect.

Dixie Chicks
I think most of their fans stayed fans. Only the war mongering corporate media canceled them. Make them an example to all those who
dare speak against the illegal war that killed thousand of innocent Iraqi lives. These women are truly courageous.
btw my Dad loves the Dixie Chicks!

I could find an example of almost anything if I looked hard enough.
This is 98% a left-wing thing.

Couple of weeks ago Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez avocated for a public list of prominent Trump supporters so she could have them cancelled at some time in the future.
All those left wing anti abortion groups. They're like 98% I think. or the left wing Anti gay marriage groups....or the left wing anti immigration groups.

I've always wondered what sort of a life people lead when all they can do is sit around and complain about other people. Is your life really that empty and unfulfilled? My advice would be to buy a bike and hit the open road or some crown land. Do something fulfilling with your life.

Stories like this always remind me of when Samuel Johnson had finished compiling the first real English dictionary and was visited by a delegation of London’s "Respectable Womanhood" who came to his home and said "Doctor, we congratulate you on your decision to exclude all indecent words from your dictionary." Whereupon Johnson said "Ladies, I congratulate you on your persistence in looking them up." I think some people are just determined to find something, anything, to be offended at.

I don't know who worse. The people being offended or the people who get upset at people being offended. Confusing lies when mixing up your right to say something with what you say is right. Only to be aggravated by both party believing their in the right. Through personal attacks, condescending and sarcastic remarks whose sole aim is to devalue and deny each other.

Whatever happened to tolerance? Just let it all go, let the chips fall where they may. You don't have to be Italian to make pizza, or Chinese to make Chinese food. This is a free society and people can do what they want. NP article is right, these people are just mean-spirited and cruel.

Whatever happened to tolerance? Just let it all go, let the chips fall where they may. You don't have to be Italian to make pizza, or Chinese to make Chinese food. This is a free society and people can do what they want. NP article is right, these people are just mean-spirited and cruel.
While I agree with everything you’re saying...I feel the biggest problem is there is an audience for this **** and this ‘empowers’ more of these idiots to continue the trend.

The internet has allowed for many wonderful things to advance society forward. However it also allowed for idiots that are far apart to actually find themselves and join in large numbers.

If this ‘journalist’ had any actual issues in her life, challenges, or hardships that had to be endured she would not have the time to write about someone trying to make a living in whatever way they chose to do so.

I wonder how Evelyn (Evy) Kwong can stand herself?

What self respecting Chinese woke social warrior culturally appropriates an Anglo English/Germanic firstname (Evelyn)?

If this ‘journalist’ had any actual issues in her life, challenges, or hardships that had to be endured she would not have the time to write about someone trying to make a living in whatever way they chose to do so.
I often comment that some people need more real trials and tribulations in their lives so they stop looking for problems where they don't really exist. The less people need to do to survive, the more time they have to muck around in other peoples business. Social media provides a bigger circle to spread your vomit than bible study/book clubs of days past.

While I was lucky growing up wanting for very little, sometimes I wish that early life was harder as it makes you a much more focused and driven adult.

she can be a snotty little racist twat on twitter
who cares

I know the Star is a hopelessly biased crap paper
but surprised they put up with that behaviour

While I agree with everything you’re saying...I feel the biggest problem is there is an audience for this **** and this ‘empowers’ more of these idiots to continue the trend.

The internet has allowed for many wonderful things to advance society forward. However it also allowed for idiots that are far apart to actually find themselves and join in large numbers.

what's the saying?

Before the internet, people thought lack of access to information was the cause of stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom