Wisdom teeth where/how much | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wisdom teeth where/how much

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
Looks like I'll need to have a wisdom tooth pulled, might pull a couple more, so I'm shopping around. Since this is a pretty big community I figured a few of you guys got that done, so I wanted to check in.. If you answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it, since I wanna get this outta the way quickly..

1) Where did you get it done?
2) How many did you pull?
3) How much did it cost and were you insured or uninsured?
4) What kinda anesthetic did they run on you?
5) Any comments about the service?

Thanks in advance guys.

Im in the same boat, but i have to get 4 pulled out.

Im looking at going to sleep for this crap. Insurance will cover all of it ..

Had all 4 of mine pulled 15 years ago and it was almost $1000 back then. Luckily I had benefits. You also need someone to drive you back home, the gas will make you loopy for several hours. Then it's a few days of bleeding and a couple of weeks of bruising around your jaw.

I've had one pulled abroad on local and it was nasty as it was impacted, plus deep in the bone. The one that needs to go will be similar but no more local.. Thinking laughing gas and IV, but no tube (too risky). The remaining 2 should be straight pulls and I'm only considering them since I'm already spending the $$$, they will need to go at SOME point and they shouldn't add too much to the total

Had all 4 done on a local freeze. 1 took a bit of jawbone with it. Only took 1 of the T3 that were given and that was it.
Wasn't that bad. Worst part of it was the sound. I remember hearing all the crunching and tearing noises.
Took the transit home with my face all frozen and drooling, so I fit in pretty well with the rest of the transit users.
This was along time ago don't recall the cost.

I was completely sedated when I had all 4 pulled. I was referred by my Dentist to a local oral and maxillofacial surgeon for the procedure. Had to do a pre and post operation visit. Definitely needed a pickup after procedure.

Don't remember a thing about it but my Sternum was sore as hell for almost a week. Must have used it for knee bracing. I chewed prescribed Percocets like smarties to kill pain. Bill was 2k covered by my insurance.

Had two done, went to back to work the same day.

Got an infection, wow i still remember the pain. Not one of my smartest idea's.

I got all 4 done about 1.5 years ago, 70% covered by insurance, went to sleep (and woke up part way through), was almost $1500. Only took them 1/2 hour. Walked 2 blocks back home and slept it off. Did it on Saturday morning and was back at work Monday - I mention this because some colleagues had claimed to have needed a week for recovery from the same.

I got all 4 done about 1.5 years ago, 70% covered by insurance, went to sleep (and woke up part way through), was almost $1500. Only took them 1/2 hour. Walked 2 blocks back home and slept it off. Did it on Saturday morning and was back at work Monday - I mention this because some colleagues had claimed to have needed a week for recovery from the same.

$1500 insured isn't a bad price. Where did you get it done? If you don't wanna post it up in public, would you mind pming me the name of the clinic?

I had all 4 pulled decades ago when I was a teen. No idea what the cost was or who paid, but was under sedation at a hospital... I think. My jaw still clicks from it.

Had all 4 pulled about 10 years ago here at Islington and Bloor. Told them I wanted to be far far away when they did it so I went under and woke up with a swollen mouth and 4 less teeth. Best thing I ever did.

Think I paid around $1700 with tax and all but 80% was covered by insurance.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I booked a consult with Arch. One money-saver will be that I already got the X-rays done 2 weeks ago and the other one is that the uppers should be within the capabilities of anyone with a needle and pliers. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Had two done, went to back to work the same day.

Got an infection, wow i still remember the pain. Not one of my smartest idea's.

I had all 4 at the same time, gas and IV in credit valley on a thursday and tried working the friday..

not a good idea. so i know what you are talking about...lol

Had all 4 taken out about 6yrs ago with local. It wasnt too bad, but having to keep your mouth wide open for so long was a pain in the ***. If I had to do it again id definitely just ask to be put under. Insurance paid for it back home in Oz.

I had 4 out about 10 years ago. Local only. Went out for hot wings the next day.

Stitches took forever to remove themselves.

Cost was in and around 1k but I don't remember. Family dentist did it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who have their wisdom teeth? I have my baby molars too. In retrospect I should've pulled the molars out even if they weren't bad. I remember really hating the dentist when young so I never thought about this or going to the dentist

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I had 3 out 3 years ago. I went with Dr. Owen Symington. it was $1600 and thanks to the fact that my teeth are as stubborn as the rest of me it took most of a morning.

We tried to do it under a general, but the nurse said it's not effective for some people and I turned out to be one of those people. So they had to just freeze it locally. The one tooth came out in 4 pieces.

The pain later in the day was not to bad. I went back to work but took it easy as im not one for sitting around. I found the next day was when the pain really set in. The side that came out in 4 pieces was very sore.

I was very pleased over all with this Dr. During the consult he took time to explain everything, not rushed at all. Answered all my questions with detail and made me feel comfortable quickly.

I knew after my teeth were pulled I would likely be on a liquid diet for at least a day or so, so I stocked up on some V8 juice to drink. Might as well drink something with some nutritional value. Well on morning after im pretty sore, I pop a perc in my mouth and slug back some V8 and the pill floats back and lands right into a tooth socket. Holy potatoes that hurt. I spit the V8 all over the kitchen totally involuntarily. So be careful with those pills.

Back
Top Bottom