Will the next "hit the fan" moment involve boomers? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will the next "hit the fan" moment involve boomers?

BTW, what does everyone think about the future environmental impact of what are basically disposable smart phones will be? Got to have one, new one every couple of years, even if the old one works fine. Mining precious metals in the third world to feed the habit. Human rights violations in the factories that build the phones. I hope they do not find out about your secret meeting to keep feeding the beast.... Knowing there is some impact but not as much as there really is, someone else's problem.... Stop buying them and it all stops.

Or is it that people do what is best for them, people of all generations continue to do so, human nature maybe?

Smartphones are 100% a millennial industry and that's what's crushing earth. Touché. I will bring this up at our next drum circle.

and game software.
Brain virus software.

That's what's going to get all you millennial' Xer's BVS

Brain virus software ?
they already cramped up your hands and ruined the eyes, now they are desensitizing their brains.

Smartphones are 100% a millennial industry and that's what's crushing earth. Touché. I will bring this up at our next drum circle.

Not at all, but they are the fat part of the consumer curve and the only generation at the moment that can actually stop it or they can continue to choose to do the wrong thing. Just like some millennials here blame boomers for being on the fat part of the consumer curve in the past and not doing anything or choosing to do the wrong thing. Hopefully you make some progress at the next drum circle, otherwise future generations will negatively judge millennials based on today's (in)actions.... Just like boomers the choices were not crushing the earth when they were made, just like what is happening right now---but maybe people should (or should have) know{n} better.

BTW this is just an example and the tip of the iceberg regarding today's (in)actions.

Glass houses and all that (not directed at you daught).

Last edited:
LMAO - so easy to blame someone else for all your problems "the big bad boomers ****** me over"

- fellow millennial

Yep, if it wasn't for the boomers the millennial' wouldn't be computer programmers they would still be using slide rules and logarithm tables.

:LOL: I bet he has to google slide rules and logarithm tables.
But, but, a slide rule is just a form of a log table. (I've used both)

Close friend of mine is IBM's longest term employee, he's a boomer.
I keep telling him to retire.
My uncle got out fairly early, like a bandit. He's a silent generation. It wasn't all Boomers, and it wasn't started by them either.

Keep in mind that Hitler and Stalin were pre boomers.

One of the problems with discussions of this type is that there is no known parallel universe for comparison.

No one can prove that it would have been better or worse if the boomers used different mindsets. It's like the CEO that gets a million dollar bonus when the company loses 100 million dollars. He says "If it wasn't for me it would have been worse."

... wasn't started by them either.
Correct IBM company was started before computers existed and they were making mostly punch clocks and point of sale weigh scales.

Correct IBM company was started before computers existed and they were making mostly punch clocks and point of sale weigh scales.
Fish & Chip store around the corner had an IBM scale.
Boomers faced massive pollution in the 60's, but it had been going on for some time. People don't even remember it now. Did they put it in history books for Millennials, because it seems we're heading back that way with all the disposable in ten years craps that's being manufactured today.

Last edited:
Source:

All l gotta say is shame on the Baby Boomers. First and foremost. You *****. Yeah, your parents left you the ship in somewhat compromised spot, I'll give you that. Nothing like you left your kids, but sure, it wasn't perfect. Eventually in time you inherited massive wealth to pass down to you tho from the post war boom, but still, they started slashing pensions and getting greedy towards the end. That's not your fault. BUT... y'all ***** CONTINUED THAT TREND. AND THAT IS YOUR SCARLET LETTER. I'm willing to excuse an amount out of ignorance, but still.. after 2008 you would think you'd want to not destroy your children's lives but low and behold no... since the 70s with the slashing of pensions and where boomers retirement funds got moved into 401ks and IRAs yall are now defending them at all costs. Right down to the Fed chairman himself. He knows his people, doesn't he?

But what does all this bailout of y'alls retirement do? Pass the buck to the completely **** millennials and zoomers after them. Passing the buck to later generations to pay the taxes on. Further wielding austerity upon them. There's a reason Millennials have a lower life expectancy than their boomer parents. And that's not how a successful society is supposed to move. Absolutely disgusting leadership on all levels by the late GI gen, and the entirety of the Baby Boomer generation. You effectively steered the plane into the mountain. Congratulations you ****. The Zoomers? The Pentagon already had to draw up war plans for a mass insurrection by them because of the obvious hopelessness of their future prospects. That's how bad the Boomers have set up their kids prospects. The army is ready to fight fellow Americans who are going to be mad as ***, and feeling betrayed.

All this while Millennials their entire lives were told by Boomers how entitled they were. So insulting. And dig this... I don't want to completely dog out Boomers here... y'all didn't know any better. It's not completely your fault, you just didn't know any better. You were the hippies. You were the original selfish generation. You were the original "individualistic" generation. I just wanna remind you that you projected that exact perception on your kids, when it was really you all along. Millennials are not as individualistic as you (to a fault at lots of points), and much more hive minded. Cancel culture much? (which i don't agree with despite being a Millennial.) Take some god damn responsibility god dammit. Save your kids. We AREN'T CREATING FAMILIES ANYMORE BECAUSE OF YOUR DECISIONS. THIS **** MATTERS.

Source:

All l gotta say is shame on the Baby Boomers. First and foremost. You *****. Yeah, your parents left you the ship in somewhat compromised spot, I'll give you that. Nothing like you left your kids, but sure, it wasn't perfect. Eventually in time you inherited massive wealth to pass down to you tho from the post war boom, but still, they started slashing pensions and getting greedy towards the end. That's not your fault. BUT... y'all ***** CONTINUED THAT TREND. AND THAT IS YOUR SCARLET LETTER. I'm willing to excuse an amount out of ignorance, but still.. after 2008 you would think you'd want to not destroy your children's lives but low and behold no... since the 70s with the slashing of pensions and where boomers retirement funds got moved into 401ks and IRAs yall are now defending them at all costs. Right down to the Fed chairman himself. He knows his people, doesn't he?

But what does all this bailout of y'alls retirement do? Pass the buck to the completely **** millennials and zoomers after them. Passing the buck to later generations to pay the taxes on. Further wielding austerity upon them. There's a reason Millennials have a lower life expectancy than their boomer parents. And that's not how a successful society is supposed to move. Absolutely disgusting leadership on all levels by the late GI gen, and the entirety of the Baby Boomer generation. You effectively steered the plane into the mountain. Congratulations you ****. The Zoomers? The Pentagon already had to draw up war plans for a mass insurrection by them because of the obvious hopelessness of their future prospects. That's how bad the Boomers have set up their kids prospects. The army is ready to fight fellow Americans who are going to be mad as ***, and feeling betrayed.

All this while Millennials their entire lives were told by Boomers how entitled they were. So insulting. And dig this... I don't want to completely dog out Boomers here... y'all didn't know any better. It's not completely your fault, you just didn't know any better. You were the hippies. You were the original selfish generation. You were the original "individualistic" generation. I just wanna remind you that you projected that exact perception on your kids, when it was really you all along. Millennials are not as individualistic as you (to a fault at lots of points), and much more hive minded. Cancel culture much? (which i don't agree with despite being a Millennial.) Take some god damn responsibility god dammit. Save your kids. We AREN'T CREATING FAMILIES ANYMORE BECAUSE OF YOUR DECISIONS. THIS **** MATTERS.
Antifa. Is that you?

... your parents left you the ship in somewhat compromised spot, I'll give you that. Nothing like you left your kids, but sure, it wasn't perfect....
lol ya, in grade 5 I learned how to tuck under my school desk to survive a possible nuclear attack. My grandson is going to learn how to wear a face mask.

Source:
Very American point of view, look where that's got them - BLOTUS.
Do you vote, do you volunteer or financially contribute to help others ?
If you don't, pour yourself a piping hot cup of STFU...

We AREN'T CREATING FAMILIES ANYMORE BECAUSE OF YOUR DECISIONS. THIS **** MATTERS.

I wanted to let this thread die, but this hit too close to home.

Out of the 6 married couples I know, 1 has kids and the other 5 won't. I won't dive into why others won't, but my wife and I won't because:
  • The largest carbon footprint is a human being and how much they will consume during their life time
  • Neither of us view the world in a particularly positive manner; we aim to reduce the overall suffering though conscientiousness but we're not willing to produce life into this
  • We are overpopulated. We want our legacy to be the ultimate sacrifice: open a slot for others
COVID has been a massive eye opener for myself because of the number of friends I have working in healthcare.
  • A lot of upper managements are similar to Mad Mike and crankcall. If there is no profit, go **** yourself.
    • This is DISGUSTING in health care. I honestly struggle hearing the stories from my buddies that are doctors, audiologists, and optometrists
  • Last generation's upper management has strong psychopathic and narcissistic characteristics
    • This is very evident in the fact that the majority of last gens management does not lead by example and expects to be carried because "I have 20 years of experience"
      • They feel that they're too good to be on the frontlines
    • When told by millennials or gen z how to be more efficient technologically (because we grew up with it and they didn't), their insecurity rears its ugly head. Any excuse will be made to "follow the old path" (exception goes to FAANGs again)
    • "The manager is just a glorified attendance keeper"; the comment on previous pages about some dude with a checklist looking to figure who will kick the bucket echoes this. Just look at how proud he sounded too
  • Again, PROFIT IS KING. **** empathy, **** sympathy, **** human nature, PROFIT OVER ALL!
I've accepted the above, with some of the posts here playing no small part, and have simply told my buddies what I've told myself: they die before us. Remember what you hate, and do everything you can to not become the same thing (aka. don't do what I did, I'm reversing it now.) Do not play their games. Do not compromise your integrity for profit. Shoulder as much responsibility and suffering you can endure so you can set an example for the next generation to follow.

It's either that, or we burn it to the ground.....and some are already trying to do this. This will do nothing but worsen the situation and increase suffering.

A junior dev I worked with last year said "I want to do management as soon as possible, it's easier than development." I had to ram into his head that becoming management means more work. You must shield your team, you must carry your team, you must lead by example, you cannot throw/bark orders and simply say "I have 10 years of experience, so listen to me." We became very good friends after!

Influence the ones you can to become better than you, like the guys who were older that showed me to lead by example, and some of these guys were from the boomer gen too =)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom