Will the next "hit the fan" moment involve boomers? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will the next "hit the fan" moment involve boomers?

Power is King, not profit. People like you and I have more power now, than we ever had.

^
Adopt a child

I'm not a saint ;)

But hey, who knows, maybe in the far future. For now, I'm not humble enough to handle the burden of a child that isn't from my own genetics. If I ever get past this, then I will (....unless my wife doesn't lol.)

Power is King, not profit. People like you and I have more power now, than we ever had.

Hey, I'm glad you think that way too with regards to technological prowess.

My sentiments with regards to profit are more derived from the health care industry (which I'm not directly involved in.) An audiologist friend of mine recently told me her company has blasted out a marketing letter telling their patients to come in for a "free hearing test, and free hearing aid adjustment." When she asked her manager how the hell she's supposed to keep her sale numbers up by doing free hearing aid adjustments (red flag #1), the manager replied with "that campaign is meant to sell them more hearing aids" (red flag #2).

People enter health care to help other people, not to maximize profit. Stories like this are not uncommon sadly.

Last edited:
油井緋色 how is any of that a boomer only thing? Everything you posted could be said about any two generations with a one or two generation gap, almost any point in modern history.

One day you will figure out the bad things you and your generation are actually doing today (and there are LOTS) and two or three generations from now someone will be whining on whatever the Internet is then about you. Rinse and repeat.

It is not always someone else's fault BTW.

油井緋色 how is any of that a boomer only thing? Everything you posted could be said about any two generations with a one or two generation gap, almost any point in modern history.

One day you will figure out the bad things you and your generation are actually doing today (and there are LOTS) and two or three generations from now someone will be whining on whatever the Internet is then about you. Rinse and repeat.

I think this is a common characteristic of any current youthful generation. In the 50s it was our oppressive parents and a regime that wouldn't allow rock stars to be shown below the waist on TV, 20 years later is was those protesting warmongering and cold war, 20 years later old school conservatism and traditional family values, today it seems more like a protest supporting self pity.

What I see is a generation that is partially lost. I have 3 kids in their 20's and our house has always been the open social gathering place for their friends. I have watched dozens of kids I know enter adulthood - some are on their own and working their way through life as did their parents, but many are living in expensive downtown condos, travelling the world, then dropping back into mom and dads place for a few years of financial rehab - they are the ones complaining about how their parents and grandparents ****** thing up for them.

I think once the current 20 something generation lives through a generation or two, they will look back and understand more than the idealism they know now.

My wife is a "front line worker" (gets me into Costco!!) , so she does the feel good paediatric hospital work. I'm the profit mongering douche.

I think its a ying yang thing and balances out.

She's very well trained and occasionaly saves lives, I sell plywood and make a lot more money than her.

For me personally, it is someone else's fault. And I dunno how it's a boomer's only thing, I guess the internet needed a scapegoat (I'm realizing, like you said, it's the majority from previous generations.) And shame on me for "drinking the Kool-Aid" as someone alluded to earlier.

I've had my share of ups and downs earlier in life but rose out of it. An Asian thing I grew up with was "do not inconvenience others, be a ninja, leave as little presence as possible." (My mainland Chinese counterparts don't share this from what I've seen lol)

A few years after working was when **** went downhill.

I was expecting everyone in the workforce to be better and smarter than me (I've honestly thought I'm below average for most of my life due to some very bad failures) so I could learn from them on how to better the world. While this was true at times, the majority of my experience has been the opposite. Profit, profit, profit. Throw ethics and morals out the window. Numbers over all (yourself, Mad Mike, and crankcall openly said this as well.) I want to clarify that I do not think capitalism is bad nor the natural of profit, the issue is "how much."

It's hard to put in words, but I've felt disgusted for years despite being "successful". It's the same kind of disgust I'll feel towards the Chinese mainlanders that pathologically consume and leave a trail of their consumption for others to clean up. But in this case it was closer to betrayal because I believed, down to my core, that the previous generation was better than this (this might actually be a flaw with our education system.) And remember the "holier than thou" attitude I keep alluding to? I believed my elders were "holier than thou."

It also doesn't help there's a cultural thing in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea(? not sure on this one) where they think Western civilization is amazing only to immigrate here and get called a Chinese pig or communist (again, betrayal.)

And so, here we are. Apparently I'm not below average, and I need to clean up the (huge) mess my elders left....and I'll also probably have to clean up the **** stains caused by our generation's despair (BLM, for example, was a noble cause....until the morons turned into a anarchistic mob), which is also the result of last generation **** ups.

I guess all of this also ties into the "meaning of life." I hope that by trying to enable those who look up to me by being very transparent about where I've ****** up so that they don't repeat my stupidity, that they'll do a better job than me. And if this cycle repeats enough we can undo the fuckery from the last century.

...........or we just **** it up worse lol. I hope it's the former.

Last edited:
^
Koreans no longer glamorize living in the West as much

Due to the heavy US presence (ARMY), some areas are heavily westernized. It is like being back in the West with the types of food (even shawarma!!), clothing brands etc. They get rowdy though at night

Actually anti-American sentiment due to the stupid US soldiers is a big deal (i.e horny soldiers) and Trump is not helping their image.

If you are Canadian/American type of lazy you will die in South Korea...

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Koreans no longer glamorize living in the West as much

Due to the heavy US presence (ARMY), some areas are heavily westernized. It is like being back in the West with the types of food (even shawarma!!), clothing brands etc. They get rowdy though at night

Actually anti-American sentiment due to the stupid US soldiers is a big deal (i.e horny soldiers) and Trump is not helping their image.

If you are Canadian/American type of lazy you will die in South Korea...

Good.

I hope Japan is seeing a similar effect. I know they have huge issues with suicide and people literally expiring alone in their homes after retirement (or in the case of the younger crowd, they just go NEET.)

Maybe if the last gen profit mongering jackasses didn't expect 70 hour work weeks there, the kids would've wanted to grow up lol

And so, here we are. Apparently I'm not below average, and I need to clean up the (huge) mess my elders left....and I'll also probably have to clean up the **** stains caused by our generation's despair (BLM, for example, was a noble cause....until the morons turned into a anarchistic mob), which is also the result of last generation **** ups.

Dude... apologies, but you need to wake up.
Look at just about EVERY SINGLE BLM MOB VIOLENCE VIDEO -- How many of them are boomers???? Pretty much ZERO!!!! I would feel safe in estimating that a solid 65% are Millenials, 33% Gen Z (Echo Boomers) or Gen X, 1% outside of that.

I'm not a boomer... I'm mid pack Gen-X.
I can't fathom the hatred of boomers. I really can't. Millenials are much more disruptive to my thought process than boomers or their values have ever been.

I have millennial family members that I can't help but shake my head at. The sense of entitlement, the I deserve $80K just because I have a General Arts University degree, the "oh my god, my grand parents screwed me over because of their choices made to help their family get ahead" baffles me completely.

Yes. Times have changed. You can't buy a big ass house on a single middle class income anymore. You can't expect life-long jobs. They didn't have instant access to everything around the world. They were told "do this to get ahead and save money". They were told "this is how you take care of a family".

This whole "it's the boomers' fault" and, "It's not my fault despite what I did" are 2 of the biggest pre-programmed things Millenials need to get over. You're not special snowflakes. You don't all deserve gold stars for getting out of bed in the morning.

Yes, I understand that this is what Millenials have been taught to think and accept. When I learned my nephew was not being taught proper spelling because "it's better to let the children express themselves and spell how they want to" I just about lost my lid - and this in my mid 30's at the time.

In short -- every generation can point their finger back 2, get their panties in a knot and complain "oh woe is me" or they can deal with it and move on.

... lot of upper managements are similar to Mad Mike and crankcall. If there is no profit, go **** yourself.
Yup, because that's their job - businesses are not people, they answer to shareholders and the goal for most shareholders is profit - no profit, no job.

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) Do you work for less than you're worth? As a worker you are selling your labour and expertise for a profit, for most people to they highest bidder.
2) Do you won stocks, bonds, or other securities? If so, you too are a shareholder -- the man answers to your greed.
3) Are you altruistic with your pay and investment income - or do you keep it all?

Women are King. First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman.

there have been some boomers I've met that are really cool during my riding life. They're always the ones that don't exhibit the "holier than thou" attitude very common among boomers (which I've also seen here.) But I've also learned that adopting a "holier than thou" attitude and hurling it right back at boomers for work politics tends to pacify the arrogant one, but this breeds a toxic environment.

I've met plenty of this new young generation that have a holier than though, and I know everything attitude.

You been on social media lately, where everyone thinks they're all woke and enlightened because of what they read, saw, blogged, TikTok'd, or uploaded to the Gram, yet haven't accomplished anything, or earned anything in their lives?

But, that comes with every generation.

I personally don't believe in trying to put blame on any specific generation for the problems of today.

It's a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

And as for your views on businesses out to make a profit I'm not sure where your attitude comes from.

Businesses are out to make profits to pay wages, keep the doors open, and satisfy the shareholder.

It's not a charity.

I've met plenty of this new young generation that have a holier than though, and I know everything attitude.

You been on social media lately, where everyone thinks they're all woke and enlightened because of what they read, saw, blogged, TikTok'd, or uploaded to the Gram, yet haven't accomplished anything, or earned anything in their lives?

But, that comes with every generation.

I personally don't believe in trying to put blame on any specific generation for the problems of today.

It's a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

And as for your views on businesses out to make a profit I'm not sure where your attitude comes from.

Businesses are out to make profits to pay wages, keep the doors open, and satisfy the shareholder.

It's not a charity.
The problem with much of social media is that there are so many "bot" accounts, fanning the flames of division and hatred.
That's the new generation's issue to deal with, hurry up, we can't wait all day.

1595895318182.png
The TB crowd just doesn't learn. Hanlan's Pt beach this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom