Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

Hello fellow riders, I took my baby out for a 20 km spin today in Richmond Hill. Tested out a new tune I put on the bike over the winter. I give it a thumbs up!

Edit: added photo

933d7fbacc029bec4f5319c3f92459f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wish I didn't had other plans this afternoon, turned out it was pretty nice to do a run. Saw 4 other riders out downtown Toronto. Getting closer!

Riding around Uxbridge and Port Perry this afternoon, about 120km. Glorious sunshine, about 5°C most of the way, never uncomfortable. Surprisingly, I didn't see any other bikes. Some melt water running across the roads, can't be avoided. I hosed the bike off when I got home. IMG_20210227_175554_535.jpeg

Was tempted...but so much briny meltwater at every turn around here today...

Was tempted...but so much briny meltwater at every turn around here today...
Your bike won’t suffer from a brine bath, just spray her down with a garden hose if you get coated.

I was busy today, got itchy for a ride it it didn’t happen. If it doesn’t piss rain Sunday, then I’ll loop Simcoe.

Since I got my new KTM, I'm worried about saltwater corrosion. Never worried about that with my old Honda, but it didn't take much salt to make a mess out of the polished aluminum. Might as well have dumped acid on it. So, I guess I'm now one of the fair weather faeries until my KTM gets beat up enough (about two years).

Went for a little rip on Saturday, riding is really the best therapy. Forgot how awesome it is!

Two minutes with the garden hose is all it takes.

Indeed, but turning on my garden hose in the basement this time of year only to turn it off and drain everything again, ugh…

Finally back on 2 wheels, managed to get out for a quick run this afternoon! First run, and first wave!

1st run.jpg
2021 1st wave.jpg

For those in the "around the house thread" This shot doesn't do it justice, but I passed by this really cool home ice rink. From what I could see the ice was perfectly flat and in good shape.

ice rink.jpg

Yesterday was a nice day riding in. Was fooled by the weather reports this am.

Weather spoke of flurries around the GTA heavy in some spots, and "Weather Network's" radar made it look heavy. At -7 that could have lead to ice on the road so I drove. Ultimately the roads were a bit wet in a couple of spots but it would have been a nice ride. :(

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom