Who do you have internet with? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who do you have internet with?

geoff-9

Site Supporter
I remember a thread about this a few months ago but cant find it now. I had a falling out with Rogers over them overbilling me and never underbilling me so cancelled. Now I need a new provider. Who are you with? I would need wireless.

I was paying $60 for highspeed wireless with Rogers, when I signed up I was paying $35 for medium and kept going over.
My phone is with Telus so will give them a call.

Teksavvy. Over a year and a half and NEVER had any issues to date.

I'm with Bell, haven't had an issue with billing but have had an issue with reliability. My internet will randomly go down for an hour or two per day and Bell has no clue with to do about it. To be fair, I haven't really had the time to bug them too much about it.

thanks for the options so far, I was not aware of tekksavy,
I would want wired internet with a wireless router.

Teksavvy for sure. My Dad is running some downloads, so I did not get full speed when I did this test:

2616064685.png

with your mother

(teksavvy for almost 2 years now, no complaints and average usage around 250gb/mo)

Anyone ever pass their monthly limit with teksavvy? Curious if they even care..

GTAM should get a commission from teksavvy ;) I'm going to be calling them as well.

You have other independent ISP options. I'm personally with Velcom DSL 25/7, on Bell copper (equivalent of their "fibe" 25 plan). At the time they had the best monthly rate for this plan and the cheapest single static IP. Acanac has the best pricing if you prepay for a year (better than investing the cash lol), but the support can be hard to reach. Heard good things about Start and Electronic Box, but haven't used'em. In general if you're on DSL, your Internet will be as reliable as any other DSL provider in town as it really depends on your equipment, your cabling, your inside wiring and the Bell copper. Pretty much the same with cable but Rogers is responsible for your inside wiring, but I'm not a big fan of the evening slowdowns due to local node congestion and I get much better upload speeds on DSL (useless to most, not to me ;) )

Teksavvy, I haven't gone over on usage so I can't tell you if they actually follow through with charges. With unlimited from midnight to 8:00 and 300 GB/month for the rest of the day, you have to work pretty hard to go over (or have lots of users).

Teksavvy, I haven't gone over on usage so I can't tell you if they actually follow through with charges. With unlimited from midnight to 8:00 and 300 GB/month for the rest of the day, you have to work pretty hard to go over (or have lots of users).

It is 2am-8am, I wish it started at midnight lol.

Nice, are you on DSL 50? I'm on DSL 25 but my upload only gets to about 7.5 Mb

Yeah, upgraded from 25 the day after 50 became available.

Back
Top Bottom