Where do you guys go for new tires? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys go for new tires?

You have to admire Pete's Superbike for being a full Canadian "bricks and mortar" retail store, yet able to sell at prices that rival online-only stores. Goes to show that just because you have physical presence overhead, it doesn't mean you need to have inflated prices. And that's just their regular prices. During the Montreal bike show, a 120/180 Dunlop Roadsport 2 set was only $150 - half of the lowest price I could find in Ontario. The additional $40 rebate just made it ridiculous.

You have to admire Pete's Superbike for being a full Canadian "bricks and mortar" retail store, yet able to sell at prices that rival online-only stores. Goes to show that just because you have physical presence overhead, it doesn't mean you need to have inflated prices. And that's just their regular prices. During the Montreal bike show, a 120/180 Dunlop Roadsport 2 set was only $150 - half of the lowest price I could find in Ontario. The additional $40 rebate just made it ridiculous.
I always found Pete’s to be very competitive. Did you have to get this deal in person at the Montreal show?

I always found Pete’s to be very competitive. Did you have to get this deal in person at the Montreal show?
Nope. They originally quoted me $175 for the pair plus shipping when added to my cart, and while I was debating whether to try them, the following weekend (which was the weekend of the show) the cart was showing $150.

There's no secret. I don't have any connections. I simply ask.

TripleClamp Moto is another good, local vendor who may bend on price. Give 'em a call.
Figured I would try my luck again.

This time the the person I spoke with budged and offered the same pricing as Pete's. No additional $20 flat fee or anything.

Only caveat is I need to pick them up as they would tack on another $30 for shipping, same as Pete's.
I'm fine with that, gives me a chance to spend more money and I really wanted to use up my Gift Card to GP.

Not a bad deal. A set of 705's for $274 tax in.

Now I'm thinking if I should just add another rear to the order as these are known not to last very long. I'm expecting 1-2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom