What's for dinner? | Page 90 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Lots of zucchini in the garden right now so I made vegan zucchini fritters for breakfast served with two different homemade hot sauces. One was a cayenne pepper and peach, mustard and tarragon one and the other was cayenne, jalapeño, Hungarian wax pepper with cilantro seed and red onion sauce. Both really good from the home grown peppers.

The zucchini fritters were absolutely delicious. It’s a batter made with grated zucchini (salted and pressed to remove excess water), flour, baking powder, nutritional yeast, chopped red onion and melted vegan margarine.

Lots of zucchini in the garden right now so I made vegan zucchini fritters for breakfast served with two different homemade hot sauces. One was a cayenne pepper and peach, mustard and tarragon one and the other was cayenne, jalapeño, Hungarian wax pepper with cilantro seed and red onion sauce. Both really good from the home grown peppers.

The zucchini fritters were absolutely delicious. It’s a batter made with grated zucchini (salted and pressed to remove excess water), flour, baking powder, nutritional yeast, chopped red onion and melted vegan margarine.
Have you tried making fritters with the zucchini flowers yet?
092e035e3b9bd28b7d7c1cca8370adeb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
not yet...those were a delicacy in the south of France when I was there. How do they taste?
My wife made this batch and honestly they were fantastic. I don't usually like the straight zucchini ones. These were extremely light.

Boy this thread really died off, everyone sick of eating and cooking at home.

I was thinking today, peach season kind came and went fast. Didn't really see the amount of peaches or Ontario grown stuff as previous years.

@sburns Top Gun Burger on Saturday
28f71cf9403b4a335ea522ebd63afe1c.jpg

@sburns Roadhouse burgers with Swiss and Mayoracha
e771fe23af8f82c1c4638c151a82a1f4.jpg

@sburns veggie egg frittata with bacon & tomatoes
08c77028f24c28c4e20f7b62090c81c2.jpg

@Joe Bass some good eats, making me hungry.
I've been pining for some good burgers most of the summer, but for some reason my grocery store hasn't put the burgers I like on sale.

^ me too

I prefer home made but it's not easy to find medium or regular beef
lean ground beef just plain sucks for burgers, they just dry out on the BBQ

and I've got mayo and sriracha - we all do
but I buy that MayoRacha as well, great stuff

I got this chipotle aioli stuff from Costco and that’s great on burgers. Which is a good thing...as being from Costco I have what seems to be about a litre of the stuff.

Boy this thread really died off, everyone sick of eating and cooking at home.

I was thinking today, peach season kind came and went fast. Didn't really see the amount of peaches or Ontario grown stuff as previous years.

Actually this year the peach season was great in Niagara. They were available all over the place locally. Last year's crop were harder and more bitter but this year - YUM! Did a bunch on the BBQ throughout Aug. Half peach with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon then top with either whip cream or vanilla ice cream ..... delicious :love:

Bought some chicken of the woods mushrooms last week and just finished cooking them up for a second meal. They are delicious. They have the taste and texture of chicken so work very well in lots of vegetarian or vegan dishes. I made “chicken” tacos with them last week and just had “chicken“ Alfredo with fresh linguine and a “cream” sauce made from cashews. Absolutely delicious!

there's some things I miss about city living

Randy's Rotis at Yonge and Davenport
awesome chicken and goat rotis
really nice curry and not heavy on the potatoes
and the doubles are fantastic!

there's some things I miss about city living

Randy's Rotis at Yonge and Davenport
awesome chicken and goat rotis
really nice curry and not heavy on the potatoes
and the doubles are fantastic!

There is one thing I have longed for for 20 years....it’s called a “sandwich greque”. I used to buy one every weekend after a night on the town in Paris from an Algerian hole in the wall place (But they sell them all over). It was spiced lamb sliced off a spit and cooked until slightly crispy on a hot plate, placed into a fresh sliced half baguette, French fries added (the shoestring ones) inside the baguette and then the whole lot smothered in a dose of harissa (African hot sauce with a whole bunch of stuff in) and mayonnaise.

Disgustingly delicious drunk food. Also good the next day for breakfast.

Mouth watering now. Have to go.

Resident vegetarian had to make dinner for a school project.
I could get used to this!

Ramen noodles tossed in sesame oil and Sriracha sauce.
Medium firm tofu lightly fried to firm up.
Covered with a vegetable broth with onions, porcini mushrooms, white wine, salt, pepper & chopped cashews.
Edit: also garlic
687b036a239a714134b0cc861840f70c.jpg

Last edited:
Resident vegetarian had to make dinner for a school project.
I could get used to this!

Ramen noodles tossed in sesame oil and Sriracha sauce.
Medium firm tofu lightly fried to firm up.
Covered with a vegetable broth with onions, porcini mushrooms, white wine, salt, pepper & chopped cashews.
687b036a239a714134b0cc861840f70c.jpg

tofu is really good............

........wrapped in bacon.

I'm making lunch for an event Saturday, made chili yesterday so it can ' sit ' till Saturday . 20lbs beef, 8lbs pork, 3lbs onions, 2 lbs peppers, 9-28oz cans diced tomatos, 6-28oz cans kidney bean, 2-28oz cans black beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, mexican oregano.
Its a REALLY big pot.
feeding a work crew of 25?+- so this should do it.

Anyone here rich enough that they cook a roast beef using a $50 bottle of wine? Apparently, I am.

Back
Top Bottom