What to do with my CBR600RR | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to do with my CBR600RR

Sounds like you need a different job
Why? He is working his ass off to make a ton of money (presumably as he is contemplating a roadster). Its not the course I plan on following, but it's obviously one he is happy with. If he can afford a roadster, he probably has almost enough money that he could quit work and live a decent life off his assets, but I have a feeling that wont work for his personality.

Do you know how busy you are when you own a business? In season, I don't have a single day off from March to November. Like having 3~4 jobs. Don't ever think the business owners work less.

I ride to save time traveling.

This seems to be the prevailing opinion, most people who are business owners work way more, regardless of the field(from Tech to accounting)
but they seem to make way more money, and are happier so...perhaps the long hours are worth it?

10 year old SS with 22,000km that’s been sitting. If you put zero effort into it you have a $2000-2500 bike.

Someone buys that as a project or to flip will need to deal with the keys, battery, probably tires, all fluids, valve check is right around the corner. With a couple more odds and ends they will likely sink another $2000 over initial purchase into it and then want to make something.

You do everything yourself and get it ready to sell. Ask $5500 and take $5000.

Pretty sure poster owns businesses.. and has employees.. that have 'jobs'
Yes, I own a business... several actually. Only 1 of my businesses has employees which I'm selling right now. Currently, in my main business, my business partner and I are doing the job of everyone which is why the work schedule is like what it is. We're looking to hire employees next year when we scale the business.

We get good non-reoccuring revenue every other month, but re-occuring revenue isn't what we need it to be to hire an employee. Not afraid to work now and reap the benefits later.

lol How is a tesla an investment, you planning to turn a profit with it?

:cool: Tesla autopilot drivers for hire, you relax, we watch for the !@#$ to fail in a hurry.

Its an investment in all of our futures, the green initiative, saving us from climate change. Have you not been payin' attention?

Its an investment in all of our futures, the green initiative, saving us from climate change. Have you not been payin' attention?
I'll remind you of that once his 40,000 little battery cells catch fire or die from old age.

The future will be electric, but not pollution free.
Im guessing those batteries will start becoming an environmental problem soon enough.

Do you know how busy you are when you own a business? In season, I don't have a single day off from March to November. Like having 3~4 jobs. Don't ever think the business owners work less.

I ride to save time traveling.

Yes, I do... Hence my comment... That I think you've misunderstood.

Yes, I own a business... several actually. Only 1 of my businesses has employees which I'm selling right now. Currently, in my main business, my business partner and I are doing the job of everyone which is why the work schedule is like what it is. We're looking to hire employees next year when we scale the business.

We get good non-reoccuring revenue every other month, but re-occuring revenue isn't what we need it to be to hire an employee. Not afraid to work now and reap the benefits later.

I know you do... We chatted about it a while ago... when I was starting mine. I only said 'pretty sure' incase something changed since.

I gave the guy an out.
I don't see the problem???????

Cutting something loose is hard if it brought you a lot of fun in the past. There are thousands of pieces of sports equipment that have been in storage for years and when pulled out for a second life are no longer usable.

Sell it. You can't live in the past.

The bike isn't rare and can be replaced if the situation changes.

I know a guy with a CB750 that has been sitting in the garage since 1986. He just can't let go of it. Too many memories I guess.

I would sell it. You're not going to ride again soon and 20 years from now you're not going to want to ride a racing bike if you ride again. Kiss your reckless youth goodbye and move on.

I was in exact same position as you were with my RC51. I had it since new. But it sat in the garage and it became more of a task to get it out and take it for a spin. Just to keep all the seals in good order. Hard to let go as I had it since new. But my look on it was to put it out there and let someone else enjoy it, instead if just sitting and not getting used.

Its an adjustment not seeing it in the garage. And after having a ride all these years. To no longer be able to just go out of I felt like it. While I didn't need the money for it I just couldn't bring myself to pay 3 to $5 per km for insurance based on the limited number of km's it was getting.

This seems to be the prevailing opinion, most people who are business owners work way more, regardless of the field(from Tech to accounting)
but they seem to make way more money, and are happier so...perhaps the long hours are worth it?
Yes, I do.

It's tiring but, I'm off from Dec.~Feb. so can't complain. I have noticed many of my fellow business owners retire or die from stress though.

OP regurgitates the classic "don't have time for it anymore" and "[life] getting busier" --- that's fine, we've all heard this before. But what sort of advice are you expecting to hear on a motorcycle forum?

"...depressed now. I don't think I'll be riding anytime soon." --Really? OK, well, looking at [your] motorcycle gets you depressed?
I can't even comprehend. Motorcycling is awesome. It's a shame you've lost the passion.

Cutting something loose is hard if it brought you a lot of fun in the past. There are thousands of pieces of sports equipment that have been in storage for years and when pulled out for a second life are no longer usable.

Sell it. You can't live in the past.

The bike isn't rare and can be replaced if the situation changes.

My thoughts exactly.

Over the years I've bought and sold a lot of what would be considered 'toys". Has it pained me a little to see some of those toys leave my driveway for the last time knowing I'll never use/ride them again, much less probably even see them again? Yeah, a little.

But none of them were particularly rare, and sentiments fade easier when you use the money to buy something else that whets your interest at this moment in time, vs something that whetted your interest years ago and no longer serves a particular purpose anymore.

I also looked at a lot of prospective toy purchases over the years that had fallen into the sentimental category for someone and had basically deteriorated so badly that they had a severely decreased value. Bad enough for someone who is handy who can replace old cracked fuel lines and seals, repair wires chewed up by rodents, fix or replace cosmetic damage caused by neglect and age, etc... but for someone who has none of those skills and would just need to take it to a shop and pay potentially thousands of dollars for the work to get done, it has a major effect on how much people will be willing to pay. I looked at a lot of junk that people thought was still worth big $$ that were basically glorified buckets of parts, or just plain scrap.

And yes, the longer it sits, the more work it's going to need to sell it. The time it's been sitting so far isn't crazy long - provided you stored it properly with fuel stabilizer and the other basic precautions for winter/long term storage, aside from perhaps tires, a battery (if it wasn't maintained) and fluids chances are good it doesn't need much to get it back on the street again.

Add in another few years or sitting and that's going to change. Plus more depreciation.

Sell it. Buy another down the road if you want to.

My thoughts exactly.

Over the years I've bought and sold a lot of what would be considered 'toys". Has it pained me a little to see some of those toys leave my driveway for the last time knowing I'll never use/ride them again, much less probably even see them again? Yeah, a little.

But none of them were particularly rare, and sentiments fade easier when you use the money to buy something else that whets your interest at this moment in time, vs something that whetted your interest years ago and no longer serves a particular purpose anymore.

I also looked at a lot of prospective toy purchases over the years that had fallen into the sentimental category for someone and had basically deteriorated so badly that they had a severely decreased value. Bad enough for someone who is handy who can replace old cracked fuel lines and seals, repair wires chewed up by rodents, fix or replace cosmetic damage caused by neglect and age, etc... but for someone who has none of those skills and would just need to take it to a shop and pay potentially thousands of dollars for the work to get done, it has a major effect on how much people will be willing to pay. I looked at a lot of junk that people thought was still worth big $$ that were basically glorified buckets of parts, or just plain scrap.

And yes, the longer it sits, the more work it's going to need to sell it. The time it's been sitting so far isn't crazy long - provided you stored it properly with fuel stabilizer and the other basic precautions for winter/long term storage, aside from perhaps tires, a battery (if it wasn't maintained) and fluids chances are good it doesn't need much to get it back on the street again.

Add in another few years or sitting and that's going to change. Plus more depreciation.

Sell it. Buy another down the road if you want to.
Yep did all of that. Battery needs to be replaced for sure. I know there is some cost to get it on road. Just wish I had the time.

I've also been thinking if I do get back on i want something more comfortable like a monster. I love naked sport bikes.

Back
Top Bottom