What to do with my CBR600RR | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to do with my CBR600RR

LiNK666

Hey all,

My 09 CBR600RR has been sitting in my garage for 3+ years now. I stopped riding because of work and figured I would always get back into the next year. Every year keeps getting busier and I don't have the time for it anymore. I invested in my Tesla instead.

Every time I look at it I get depressed now. I don't think I'll be riding anytime soon.

What should I do with the bike? It was in good condition 22k km. Definitely needs work done since it's been siting there for 3 years without anyone touching it. I can't even find the keys for it anymore....

Please advise!

I want one but Im not prepared to spend $4000 a year in insurance to ride a bike 2000km.

Insurance has destroyed the market for these bikes. It seems like almost none of them sell on kijiji as I regularly check.

I want one but Im not prepared to spend $4000 a year in insurance to ride a bike 2000km.

Insurance has destroyed the market for these bikes. It seems like almost none of them sell on kijiji as I regularly check.

Not to mention the uncomfortable riding position.

If your sure you wont ride it anytime soon, price it according to condition and value and it will sell. Someone may make a track bike out of it, maybe need parts or somebody lucky enough to have decent ins rates may street ride it.
Everything sells at a price.

I'm in the same boat. Ever since I broke my wrist at the Flat Track Canada School, my clutch hand goes numb. I can last about 20 minutes before I have no feeling in my hand.

I have a 2013 GSXR 600 and a 2014 CBR 600R... I pulled both insurances last season. I cry a little bit, every time I walk into my garage.

I'm in the same boat. Ever since I broke my wrist at the Flat Track Canada School, my clutch hand goes numb. I can last about 20 minutes before I have no feeling in my hand.

I have a 2013 GSXR 600 and a 2014 CBR 600R... I pulled both insurances last season. I cry a little bit, every time I walk into my garage.
You need bikes that don't put so much weight on your wrist.

I have no time to go through the process of selling. I don't even know what the bike is worth.
Sounds like a perfect match for @Mina . They'll do the research, give you the wholesale price and pick it up. You could get more money privately, but that will also expose you to Kijidiots.

Sounds like a perfect match for @Mina . They'll do the research, give you the wholesale price and pick it up. You could get more money privately, but that will also expose you to Kijidiots.

I tried to sell my elantra for 1 day gave up and traded it in to tesla for whole sale price.

I read (in ads) hear this a lot: No time to ride.

How much time does it take to suit up and go for a blast? Figure 3 minutes to get the gear on, an hour terrorizing the villagers and another, say, 5 minutes to put the machine away and de-gear.

Is it really that you can't find the time or that you've simply lost interest? It's not a crime to admit the latter.

How much time does it take to suit up and go for a blast? Figure 3 minutes to get the gear on, an hour terrorizing the villagers and another, say, 5 minutes to put the machine away and de-gear.

Is it really that you can't find the time or that you've simply lost interest? It's not a crime to admit the latter.

Sometimes my schedule is so booked I'll do a 4am out the door drive 200km home by 8pm. Exhausted. That can go on for weeks.

Then my normal days I spend all my time driving taking phone calls. It's pretty much everyday 10 hrs. Will be like this for 4 more years.

I dont want do bike as a work tool at all.

Priorities.

No time to ride = no time to justify the expense of riding.

5 minutes to suit up, 5 minutes to get the bike out of the garage, and a minimum of 1+ hour one way to get anywhere worth riding. If you aren’t commuting on a bike it gets hard to justify owning one in the GTA.

It would be one thing if insurance/cost of ownership was dirt cheap. But keeping a 600cc bike on the road for the occasional spin doesn’t make sense. Insurance, licensing/registration, routine maintenance, etc. are easily going to average a few hundred per month for most people. Also probably a good way to lose your license or end up in a wreck if you feel the need to go out and justify owning a 600cc SS.

Back
Top Bottom