What makes you love your partner? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What makes you love your partner?

It works as long as there is some parity in earnings. If not, it's deadly for the bread winner. A spiteful spouse with a large wage disparity holds a sledge hammer.
Not always. A lot of marriages are set up on a 50/50 scale of getting out of it what you put into it. If each of you gives 100% it works much better.

Not always. A lot of marriages are set up on a 50/50 scale of getting out of it what you put into it. If each of you gives 100% it works much better.
Agreed.
My last relationship - I made about 35% more. I carried the rent, she paid for food. I ended up spending way more than she did.

Current relationship - she lives in my place (luckily my mortgage is done) free, but pays for limited groceries and paid last property tax bill. Also bought new bed and couch/love seat.

I make more, so it's only fair I pay more. If a couple has difficulty negotiating something as simple as wage disparity there's more than that that needs to be addressed.

I had a dilemma last summer. We live in a condo downtown with one parking spot. I really wanted to stop riding street and do track days only, but the thought of renting a truck, van or trailer for every day out just wasn't appealing. I had thrown the idea of a van around - I figured we could also use it for camping trips as well. After one track day with a rental van and all the hassle that goes with it, she says "I get it now - you should get that van". I sell the car and we pick up a base model demo Metris van from the dealer. They take us from the van centre to the actual Benz dealer for some paperwork. The sales rep tells me to be careful with all the nice cars on show there (wink wink). She doesn't even look at them - doesn't care - just wants to see the plain white cargo van lol. 8 track days, many long road trips and all the great memories that come with them - couldn't be happier... Truly grateful.

We've been together for 24 years, never married. I asked, she said no she didn't want to waste the money, I figured that's a keeper.
Last year I preordered my t7, then i became very sick and I decided not to buy the t7 as I'm not sure what's coming. But she bought it anyway behind my back. Said I've always worked so hard for our family and she wanted me to have it.
She is my best friend, my lover, my hero and so much more. There is no one else I'd rather spend my time with. I'm a lucky guy.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Really cool how all the successful couples describe their wife as "best friend."

my wife is significantly more important than my "best friend" , I have best friends, my wife is also my barometer for good behavoiur, the one that tells me you may have had enough beer, not yeah grab another! help me plan financially , my travel companion, lover and mother of my kids and my partner in life's bigger decisions.

It totally does matter! I've dated so many Asian women that could be described as pancake, ironing board, cutting board, salt flats, and other flat objects.

I'd totally get hung if I said this to politically sensitive folk lol
Ya that's the problem with politically correct, you can say something that is generally known, but because you said it, it's wrong. What happened to free speech? if you are insulting and get called out on it, you need to eat it or even (forbid!) apologize. The world is not the better place I hoped for, and you can be sure we are collectively not making a better place.

If you come away with a great mate, you are fortunate and probably raised good kids to boot. You talk about small or large breasts, well that's fun and games but nothing physical ever gave anyone a stable/good marriage. Sorry to get serious for a second. Is that politically correct, or can we actually speak our minds?

Ya that's the problem with politically correct, you can say something that is generally known, but because you said it, it's wrong. What happened to free speech? if you are insulting and get called out on it, you need to eat it or even (forbid!) apologize. The world is not the better place I hoped for, and you can be sure we are collectively not making a better place.

If you come away with a great mate, you are fortunate and probably raised good kids to boot. You talk about small or large breasts, well that's fun and games but nothing physical ever gave anyone a stable/good marriage. Sorry to get serious for a second. Is that politically correct, or can we actually speak our minds?

My friends irl know I'm a free speaker and open minded.

The problem comes when I meet people who are close minded with massive egos. I like challenging people's beliefs and exploring different ideas. I've had a lunch time conversation at work get shut down because a guy who majored in philosophy and I were talking about how everything is justifiable depending on circumstances (there's a moral term for this, ult....something, forgot it.) Some chick got heavily offended and asked "so how do you justify Hitler?!"

We went on about how WW1 setup WW2, how Hitler technically brought the world out of the great depression (at the cost of millions of lives, people getting PTSD, and a literal hell I'm glad I never lived through.) And she was very ******.

So imo say whatever the hell you want, just sanity/logic check it by arguing with yourself or others. By not being able to do this, we legit lose the ability to think rationally and move towards groupthink. Reddit is a great cesspool example of groupthink where even factually correct ideas will get downvoted to hell because nobody wants to hear "it is not fair for a transgender female to compete against other females due to physiological differences; it takes away from the entire spirit of a relatively even playing field."

And yeah the tits thing was a tongue-in-cheek jab. Obviously tits and ass have a very minor impact on relationships lol

Last edited:
ww2 put Ducati into the motorcycle business

not sure she would see the appreciation for that either. Did she have a nice rack??

not sure she would see the appreciation for that either. Did she have a nice rack??
I think IBM and Hugo Boss had similar experiences...?

Asking the important questions. I’m also curious....for history’s sake...

Shes bangladeshi or bengali if I recall, indian girls in general are 'top heavy'
so to answer your question....yes she probably does have a nice rack

Shes bangladeshi or bengali if I recall, indian girls in general are 'top heavy'
so to answer your question....yes she probably does have a nice rack

Wait, we talking my fiancee? Cause yea she's top heavy lmao

Thankfully this forum uses a different alias than my regular one so she'll never know this is me lol

How would you deal with this hypothetical situation?
  1. Partner is stuck in a crappy situation (like a crappy job)
  2. I tell my partner this and tell my partner that you could take pathways A,B,C,D etc to improve your standard of living
    1. A might be go back to school
    2. B might be go get a graduate certificate
    3. C might be apply to these jobs
  3. Outsiders believe partner is only doing what I want. Partner gets "empowered", fights back but knows #1 is true
  4. Partner becomes even more indecisive, gets stuck and is 70% likely to break down crying if you mention #2 .

So what do you do?

switch(partnerStatus)
{
case "":

case "":

default :

}

Back
Top Bottom