What makes you love your partner? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What makes you love your partner?

I’ve been married for 35 years and I have no bad or sad stories to share. We don’t share the same hobbies, travel interests but we’re on the same page with respect to family and values.

We have some stereotypical and some progressive stuff going on ( she cooks, i BBQ - she cleans, I do the grass and snow).

We wake up in the same bed every day, have coffee together every morning and we rarely quarrel.

She’s been my best friend for 35 years.
Life goals right here. We have a more traditional (for lack of a better word) roles which we work with but are there for each other as and when needed.

Mind you my wife loves to mow the lawn and tend to all that stuff. Win for me I guess lol!

I'm an ass guy lol

LOL. Actually I do know one Asian chick who's 4'9, super thin, but has massive jugs. We're great friends and she tolerates me talking to her boobs instead of her as a joke.

Im a math guy so when it comes to women...

face >>> ass

and when it comes to *****

shape >>>>mass

bigpoppa droppin big pimpin on ya'll

Dated an Asian girls years ago....great great rack. Fantastic! LoL But it didn't work out.

As for my wife, I love her because she's awesome. Pain the *** sometimes, but awesome the rest of the time. She keeps me in check, makes sure the kids are taken care of and works her butt off in everything she does. Been together coming up on 10 years and look forward to many more.

Frankly, I should tell her I love her more often....never had that around our house and I guess I just assume she knows.

Perfectly sums it up for me too

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Interesting wife being your best friend..

To those who have been married for decades. What's your best option to deal with partner fatigue?

Last edited by a moderator:

To those who have been married for decades. What's your best option to deal with partner fatigue?

I was married once before for 15 years and together for 20 years and 3 kids.

We were young when we met. Lots of counselling together which led to a lot of lip service and little action or a tendency of fall back into the problems we identified as issues for us both.

I pulled the trigger to divorce after many many years of trying. I’m a stubborn person and don’t like to quit but I eventual came to the end of my rope.

One thing I realized in life, people surprise me every day. Just when I think I figure them out, they go ahead an surprise me.

Especially when it comes to relationships.

It you can get things back to the core of what brought you together, share experiences that show appreciate for each other again, it can be helpful.

Sometimes a little time alone can be helpful but, often a that is running from issues.

My current relationship is going on 10 years this year. Baggage from the previous relationship creeps in but, good communication helps deal with things instead of being quiet and resentful and building up walls that are difficult to tear down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Take over what they normally do. Make sure they get rest. Hide the liquor.

My current relationship is going on 10 years this year. Baggage from the previous relationship creeps in but, good communication helps deal with things instead of being quiet and resentful and building up walks that are difficult to tear down.
i already said it, but this x2!

Do the accounting on Divorce.

Baggage from the previous relationship creeps in but, good communication helps deal with things instead of being quiet and resentful and building up walls that are difficult to tear down.
I hear ya...
It's tough... my gf and I have been together for 5.5 years now - had a rocky start, but smoothed it out for the most part.
She had 2 horrible experiences in previous relationships and has some massive baggage due to it. It has most definitely affected our relationship, but I take a deep breath most of the time when it comes up.... I understand where she's coming from, as I've had a very similar experience, and try my best to be reasonable.

My current relationship is going on 10 years this year. Baggage from the previous relationship creeps in but, good communication helps deal with things instead of being quiet and resentful and building up walls that are difficult to tear down.

Recently went through a list of things my fiancee and I were ****** at each other from the start of the relationship to now. There's a lot of **** that built up over 6 years. Some of those things neither of us were aware of.

Stuff got heated, some tears were shed, and then we fell in love even harder. So yeah, totally agree with you guys on this.

Get a FIFO job. Can’t get fatigued when you’re never home.

However side effects could be a randy neighbour taking your place.

With the slew of negative ****** news, let's share stuff we love about our significant others!
Good thread and really nice to read all these replies!

I've been great friends with my better half since I was 17. Together we moved from the tranquil suburbs into downtown TO ( Lansdowne/Bloor & a former crackhouse!) right after high school as roommates. Almost 30 years later and she absolutely keeps getting better with age.

She is an osteopathic manual practitioner, a massage therapist and a yoga teacher. She completed multiple ironman's and keeps me very healthy. She used to have her moto license and a bike, so she always gets what I'm about. Most importantly, she is kind and compassionate - two qualities I value most. What's not to love?

She is an osteopathic manual practitioner, a massage therapist and a yoga teacher. She completed multiple ironman's and keeps me very healthy. She used to have her moto license and a bike, so she always gets what I'm about. Most importantly, she is kind and compassionate - two qualities I value most. What's not to love?
Definitely sounds like you've a serious keeper.
Count your lucky charms and consider yourself a lucky man.

I was lied to. I was told asain women was suppose to be submissive, um um not in my house.

Apparently depends on which part of Asia I'm told, idiot workmate (he truly is a 'tard) married a Malaysian gal on the rebound from his cheatin' slutty whore of a whitey wife (she actually got caught blowing a waiter at a friends wedding) , and the Malay society is matriarchal ( Ladys run the show) . She keeps his nuts in a drawer , in two separate jars.

Do the accounting on Divorce.

This...., sometimes its worth the financial beating, but best avoided if at all possible. Best friend just blew up his 28yr marriage, there is lots of money to go around so no problem there, he just turned 50 and thought, I have 20+ yrs left, I'm not doing it like this. Sometimes you gotta go.

This...., sometimes its worth the financial beating, but best avoided if at all possible. Best friend just blew up his 28yr marriage, there is lots of money to go around so no problem there, he just turned 50 and thought, I have 20+ yrs left, I'm not doing it like this. Sometimes you gotta go.
It works as long as there is some parity in earnings. If not, it's deadly for the bread winner. A spiteful spouse with a large wage disparity holds a sledge hammer.

Back
Top Bottom