What is canadian cuisine? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is canadian cuisine?

bigpoppa

A lot of countries have their own original cuisine and food. (Italians have pizza, pasta, mexico has tacos, chilaquiles, chocolate etc)

But what is canadian cuisine? Bagels are apparently polish, donuts were apparently invented by romans, brought to the new world by the dutch.

Last edited:
Peameal bacon maybe. Back bacon is also british. How about maple syrup and fiddle heads.
Fiddleheads are an east coast thing, great with vinegar, along with marshgreens

Just chiming in on the Poutine topic.

Shredded cheese on fries is NOT poutine.

Any restaurant or food truck that sells fries with freakin' shredded cheese melted on top and advertises it as "Poutine" should be charged with something, like, I don't know, a crime against humanity or whatever.

Anyhow. I too like Tourtiere and peameal bacon.

Newfie fries, Used to be a fries shack at Trafalgar and 10 side road that had super newfie fries

Newfie fries, Used to be a fries shack at Trafalgar and 10 side road that had super newfie fries
do i even want to know..

Tough one because I don’t think we have a signature meal that screams Canadian…

Poutine, steak, burger, maple syrup, and horrible TH coffee (which I enjoy) come to mind.

Since when are bagels Polish?
I actually knew this fact.

"Invented" by the Jews in Poland.

However, I have never known them to be a Polish thing or part of the Polish cuisine. It is very much a Jewish meal.

1710125573266.png

CHAŁKA (challah ) on the other hand is very common in Poland and even Polish stores here.
Again, part of the Jewish cuisine but this one stuck around longer and still has its presence today.

1710125801912.png

Is Mac and Cheese a Canadian thing? Kraft Dinner.

Off topic:

I have never had Kraft Dinner in my life. I even worked for Kraft at one point in my life and had access to it at half price.

Is Mac and Cheese a Canadian thing? Kraft Dinner.

Off topic:

I have never had Kraft Dinner in my life. I even worked for Kraft at one point in my life and had access to it at half price.
Count me in. Never tried that before in my life. Probably never will.

Back
Top Bottom