What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 49 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

I've always used my leaf blower, from the inside - out, of course.
I finally got a battery powered blower. Didnt want to run the 2t in the house. I'll try blower in the spring and then brush. I have a feeling the brush will get a hell of a lot more out.

I finally got a battery powered blower. Didnt want to run the 2t in the house. I'll try blower in the spring and then brush. I have a feeling the brush will get a hell of a lot more out.
It's probably accordion pipe?
I've got that from the dryer to the wall (main floor laundry ~4' piece) then it's about 20' of round metal ductwork to the wall vent. Air compressor works ok too. I get enough fluff for a pillow.

It's probably accordion pipe?
I've got that from the dryer to the wall (main floor laundry ~4' piece) then it's about 20' of round metal ductwork to the wall vent. Air compressor works ok too. I get enough fluff for a pillow.
Straight pipe, no screws, no accordion. As with all installs, more elbows than I would like. I cleaned up a few but am stuck with five.

Yup that feeling of satisfaction can put you in a mighty fine mood. I did the same with the furnace a few years ago, was able to figure out it needed a new pressure switch.
Speaking of pressure switches and washers, I got a new washer 2 years ago and hated how it would only fill up to 3 inches below the rim of the barrel on the highest level setting. Well, that didn't last long....(well...actually it did...2 years.,...until the screwdriver came out)

On a whim, started the lowering job on the buddy's F800GSA...
Shock came out with little drama... Hardest part was unplugging it... Those electrical connectors sure are small and sticky..!

2usPSys.jpg

'In there anyway so... Pulled the swing arm and will check/lube the bearings before putting it back together

'Will probably take the shock to a shop and have them swap out the springs... Buddy will call a place or two tomorrow to arrange.

PGdoTZ2.jpg

On a whim, started the lowering job on the buddy's F800GSA...
Shock came out with little drama... Hardest part was unplugging it... Those electrical connectors sure are small and sticky..!

2usPSys.jpg

'In there anyway so... Pulled the swing arm and will check/lube the bearings before putting it back together

'Will probably take the shock to a shop and have them swap out the springs... Buddy will call a place or two tomorrow to arrange.

PGdoTZ2.jpg
I assume if the shock has a plug, it has electronically controlled damping?

That looks like a progressive spring.

Question: won't that mess with the damping?
You're basically controlling the spring rate; the more the shock compresses, the stiffer it becomes as it collapses. Isn't that what the electronic suspension will try to do?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I assume if the shock has a plug, it has electronically controlled damping?

That looks like a progressive spring.

Question: won't that mess with the damping?
You're basically controlling the spring rate; the more the shock compresses, the stiffer it becomes as it collapses. Isn't that what the electronic suspension will try to do?

According to the manufacturer... it's plug and play.

We will see I guess :)

Home Depot has some Husky tool chests on sale right now

Husky 27-inch 3-Drawer Intermediate Tool Storage Chest in Gloss Black​

Model # HTA-103B|Store SKU # 1000831248
$98.00 / each
Save $40.00 (29%) Was $138.00

Husky 26-inch 8-Drawer Tool Storage Chest in Gloss Black​

Model # H8CH3|Store SKU # 1000831247
$198.00 / each
Save $120.00 (38%) Was $318.00

Husky 26-inch 5-Drawer Tool Storage Chest in Gloss Black​

Model # H5CH2R1|Store SKU # 1000831246
$158.00 / each
Save $60.00 (28%) Was $218.00

Halfway through blowing out the driveway the auger actuator cable broke. Spent about 3hrs trying to rig up a substitute or mend the original one with no success. Shovelling the rest lasted about 10min before I said nope. A coat hanger wrapped around the internal pulley arm (auger running continuously) was a 5min fix that got the rest of the driveway done (18”+ of snowfall, 150’ driveway).

Halfway through blowing out the driveway the auger actuator cable broke. Spent about 3hrs trying to rig up a substitute or mend the original one with no success. Shovelling the rest lasted about 10min before I said nope. A coat hanger wrapped around the internal pulley arm (auger running continuously) was a 5min fix that got the rest of the driveway done (18”+ of snowfall, 150’ driveway).
1642528253586.png

I have a 30+ year old Craftsman snowblower that runs very well. Got 90% of the work done Tuesday and the auger stopped working. Belt chewed up and off the pulley, reinstalled and worked for 10 minutes and off the pulley again. PITA, finished with shovel.

New belt on now. Takes < 5 minutes to pull the belt cover and inspect the 2 belts, will have to add that to my annual PM process, if I had inspected in April last year belt would have been replaced in advance of failing.

Brought my most frequently used helmet into the laundry room. Ewwwwww!

Johnson's baby shampoo is my go to lid freshener.
Hold on, you can take out the padding from the inside of your helmet. Are all helmets like this or only some?
(I need to do this)

Hold on, you can take out the padding from the inside of your helmet. Are all helmets like this or only some?
(I need to do this)
Most are held in with snaps or plastic tuck in clips. And if it isn't removable, just take it in the bathtub with you. Tamp dry with a towel and let it finish drying over a heat register.
Mild soap and no direct heat. The eps liner would not like chemicals or especially heat.

Most are held in with snaps or plastic tuck in clips. And if it isn't removable, just take it in the bathtub with you. Tamp dry with a towel and let it finish drying over a heat register.
Mild soap and no direct heat. The eps liner would not like chemicals or especially heat.

If you're doing this for the first time take a few pictures of things before you start and during the process so you know where everything goes a day or two later when the liner is dry and you're putting it back in place.

Thanks!
I don't have a bathtub, but I guess I can wash it in the shower with the rest of the stuff... :LOL:

edibleshower-480x340.jpg

Back
Top Bottom