What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

And of course the effing jack is no longer a danger to your shins. (If given the chance to redesign the human body more meat on the front of the shin bone would job 1)

I was helping my dad bleed the rear brakes on his car yesterday. He kept the jack under the car, under the trunk area pointed straight back. I bashed my shins on it each time I walked past.

Stripped my Shad topcase rack off after one mount cracked entirely and the other was cracking.
Shad is honouring warranty.
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at Oct, 12    2021    10.32.00 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at Oct, 12    2021    3.21.08 PM.jpg
the rack feels rock solid but clearly has a weak spot in the design.
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at Oct, 13    2021    4.36.20 AM.jpg
Glad I caught it...39L top case and rack bouncing down the highway not my idea of safe. Only carrylight stuff like fishing and swim gear in it but it's useful.

Checked oil - did not use any (y) and lubed chain....can't wait for the Regina chain to come in.

I was helping my dad bleed the rear brakes on his car yesterday. He kept the jack under the car, under the trunk area pointed straight back. I bashed my shins on it each time I walked past.
So you'll appreciate the extra padding when I get a chance at the drawing board. (sorry old school draftsman here)

Haha! That's a brand spanking new tire:)
When I'm done hopefully it will look like my some of my other tires.
2019071819443964-IMG_2741-4K.jpg
Was into the cords far enough once that a cop at a light noticed and started grinding me about it. And rightfully so.

Kudos to Shad and Ridge Living ...the replacement rack arrived today. Pretty damn impressive.

New portable compressor worked the charm to bring tires up to 32 from a drop to 28.
fine with that tho have managed to misplace the little USB charging cable that came with the TPMS 😩

Tomorrow's task: strip crash damaged bodywork off my race bike in preparation for sending it out for repair. I don't do painting. Bike needs a general inspection and bodywork-off cleaning, and an oil change, but nothing major.

TPMS charging cable found. The handlle bar mount broke but unit sits visible in the tank bag map cover.
One new bolt found, rack cranked into place with even torque, Locktite Blue AND lock washers. (y)
Front tire, rear brake pads, OEM sprockets ordered and Regina chain enroute.
Be nice if it all came together before we get drowned in the LaNina forming up.:rolleyes:

New portable compressor worked the charm to bring tires up to 32 from a drop to 28.
fine with that tho have managed to misplace the little USB charging cable that came with the TPMS 😩

Your post reminded me to look into a motorcycle TPMS. Found this on Amazon, and for $31 with Prime return policy, hard to resist:

51qgTMP7xYL._AC_.jpg

Setup was pretty simple, just download the app on your phone, screw in the sensors in place of the caps, then pair them. The app is pretty basic, just one min and one max pressure alert to cover both sensors, but it works. All I really wanted it for was to check pressures before taking off, but now that I have it I can also be alerted to a low pressure scenario while riding. I'm going to keep trying other apps to see if I can get one to work that has more features such as separate alarm thresholds for front and rear.

Since these depress the Shrader valve and cause air loss while installing until fully bottomed out, I found I had to over-pressurize the tires, install the sensors, check pressure in the app, then if necessary loosen and retighten the sensors to release additional pressure as necessary until you get it down to where you want it.

My first impression is that it's pretty cool for $30. The downside is that the sensors need to be removed to add pressure, which can be a hassle if you use the locking nuts to prevent opportunistic thieves from just unscrewing them. I'll have to see how it is to live with over the next week or so, as I check my pressures daily on the supermoto because of the low pressures I run on the street (26/29), so there isn't much room for error.

The downside is that the sensors need to be removed to add pressure, which can be a hassle if you use the locking nuts to prevent opportunistic thieves from just unscrewing them.

Just install these T valves next time you do a tire change, eliminates need to remove the sensor.

1634406599911.jpeg

Curious, did you compare sensor tire pressure to your tire gauge? Are they close?

Just install these T valves next time you do a tire change, eliminates need to remove the sensor.

View attachment 51833

Curious, did you compare sensor tire pressure to your tire gauge? Are they close?

I've seen those before, as well as similar adapters for tubed valves. Jury is out on the looks of the sensor itself, never mind the combined monstrosity:

fobo_t_valve-3_1024x.jpg

If i found myself needing tpms,i think i would wait till it was time for new tires and install them properly inside the rim where they belong. There cap things look iffy too me.

The sensors are not heavy at all. That T-valve might be. I don't bother with the lock nuts as the bike is in a gated compound and never out of my sight when riding plus no kids hanging about.
That's a good price. I paid $60 for mine with screen and it works well tho screen is hard to read in sunlight. It is very reassuring to have.

Back
Top Bottom