What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 35 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Yesterday...rolled the Tracer out into the sun, started cleaning chain lube off the area below the front sprocket, 2 minutes later I thought "why the hell am I doing this?"....rolled her back in and and had my usual post job-well-done smoke.

Snow again overnight. Roads wet but lawn, trees and and roof are covered.
You must not live close to the GTA? We got sun down here. Gonna do the final cut of the lawn later, then it's dealing with the leafs next.

I’m waiting until all the leaves fall then I’ll do the final cut and mulch

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Yeah it's just the front lawn, I'll wait more for the back. Big maple in the back is almost fallen. This year it mostly fell early without much of the colour changing which was unusual. Nice to see when it does, but a ton of leafs....:(

DDFEDEC5-15C9-4F16-B033-5756336D5DAE.jpeg
All three got oil changes and a wash then put to bed for the winter. Deere got waxed, coated in WD40 and a thorough going over so it’s ready for the Spring. The other two I’ll go over during the winter.

Fixed crash damage on my race bike (crash was at SOAR round 5 in mid September).

A couple weeks ago, I gave the upper fairing to a friend who is much better at painting than I am, to fix it up. I got it back this afternoon and they did a great job, can't even tell where the repair area was. No sooner did I get that back, than I put it back on the bike, and discovered that the upper fairing and instrument cluster bracket was bent, but no further than could be bent back into alignment by hand. Did that. Installed the upper fairing, and installed the new windscreen, peeled off a section of wrap that had been scraped up in the crash, used that as a template to cut a new piece which I promptly installed. I touched up a few small chips and scrapes on the left fork leg, which is black, so I just used a touch-up brush. Can't even tell it's been crashed now. I still want to touch up a few chips and scrapes elsewhere on the fairings - the lower, in particular, takes a sandblasting from the front wheel.

HZ4hiui.jpg

fitted some scorpion pipes a few weeks ago. not going for volume but more for weight savings and smaller physical form factor. the stock exhausts are massive and heavy.

then took off the front mudguard and mounting piece and spraypainted them black.
they're normally this greyish colour with a black extension at the back for some reason.

royal-enfield-continental-gt-650-twin-mister-clean-chrome-2020-chrome-mister-clean_256370.jpg

now:

lMpFaxe.jpg

O3XDGPJ.jpg

I like it. That's actually a great modification to the garage door that I've never considered.
Be careful with power used that way. Permanently installing an extension cord (especially one with slip rings) and leaving it permanently connected to a load violates a lot of sections of code. Connecting it to the gdo light at least removes the power most of the time. After a fire, this would be easy to find and obviously not to code which could cause insurance issues.

I installed Barrinas above the garage door to provide lots of light when the door is closed but the door blocks them when it's open.

Be careful with power used that way. Permanently installing an extension cord (especially one with slip rings) and leaving it permanently connected to a load violates a lot of sections of code. Connecting it to the gdo light at least removes the power most of the time. After a fire, this would be easy to find and obviously not to code which could cause insurance issues.

I installed Barrinas above the garage door to provide lots of light when the door is closed but the door blocks them when it's open.
I've actually been thinking of where to put those Barrinas. I bought the pack of 12, and only using 2 of them.

Thinking of how I can create a stand / support to have better lighting about it.

I've actually been thinking of where to put those Barrinas. I bought the pack of 12, and only using 2 of them.

Thinking of how I can create a stand / support to have better lighting about it.
Nothing stopping your from mounting a few of them to garage door and plugging them in when you want them on. Avoids all the code/insurance issues. 10 mounted to the door would be pretty awful to work in the garage as 50% of the time you would be staring into the sun.

Back
Top Bottom