What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Finished insulating the attic over the garage today. 2nd time, donated the first try to Racoons.
Ours is done too. Still needs some vapour barrier and drywall between the garage attic wall and our bedroom closet though.

I'm not sure the previous owner did things to code.

Ours is done too. Still needs some vapour barrier and drywall between the garage attic wall and our bedroom closet though.

I'm not sure the previous owner did things to code.
Mine is detached. I built it, all done to code. Mine is a redo after racoons squatted in the roof last winter.

Went over to my buddy's place today to turn my Enduro into a Streetfighter:

IMG_8827-X2.jpg

Took off the front (easy) and rear (mother effer) sprockets. Having issues with the chain as the bolt cutter I have is too small.

I think a grinder is the second step tomorrow unless I can find a bigger bolt cutter.

love my center stand.

B32F3577-F611-40E1-91C0-11D9B9AC293D.jpeg

031C26EA-A297-4AC5-B95B-FC3C1C542C19.jpeg
B3988CF4-946F-47F2-A808-1B02723B57B5.jpeg

Putting it back together is going to be the hard part. Tomorrow I’ll clean it and then put the front sprocket and chain on. Still waiting for rear sprocket to come in. It’s ‘en route’.

Do I (or should I?) put some lock tight anywhere when I re-assemble?

Took off the front (easy) and rear (mother effer) sprockets. Having issues with the chain as the bolt cutter I have is too small.

I think a grinder is the second step tomorrow unless I can find a bigger bolt cutter.

love my center stand.

View attachment 50832

View attachment 50833
View attachment 50834

Putting it back together is going to be the hard part. Tomorrow I’ll clean it and then put the front sprocket and chain on. Still waiting for rear sprocket to come in. It’s ‘en route’.

Red everywhere, don't actually do that, blue on the rear sprocket bolts won't hurt.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Tried the 12 Volt compressor I bought and worked the charm. Tire pressure agreed with the TPMS within a lb. Put a 12 volt socket under the seat. Cables are long and compressor fitting for the valve stem is secure. Was quick to get tire up a few lb.

712xe-SPkEL._AC_SL1185_.jpg

This works well too. Literally 5 minutes to install.
1630208833643.png

Showed the pressure on the rear had dropped enough to trigger the alarm so topped it off. Getting the 12 volt socket on the battery terminals was fiddly. If you buy one, get it with smaller connections or u shaped
71zjUZ+zioS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Quality was good, nice cover for the socket. I'll get a USB adapter for it. I use a power block for the iPhone from the tank bag if needed but the phone with a battery case will do a days riding if I use voice nav most often. Screen on all the time eats the battery.
This set up allows me to lock the phone under the seat while charging as it does not stop with the bike turned off but low likelihood of needing it.

Grind the head of a pin flush, then press it out with your chain breaker.

Why so much trouble with the rear sprocket?

Last edited:

love my center stand.

View attachment 50832

View attachment 50833
View attachment 50834

On my current bike it was the opposite - rear came off no problem with a breaker bar, front sprocket would not budge, so I had to use the compressor.

Did you get a grinder to remove the chain?

Grind the head of a pin flush, then press it out with your chain breaker.

Why so much trouble with the rear sprocket?
They were torqued down like a mofo. Plus with the wheel off it was hard to get leverage so I just got my breaker bar.

@shanekingsley sure did. Had one lying around. Didn’t want to be too loud last night while the kids were sleeping.

48786211-1A3F-4116-A020-12780DF79E07.jpeg

They were torqued down like a mofo. Plus with the wheel off it was hard to get leverage so I just got my breaker bar.

@shanekingsley sure did. Had one lying around. Didn’t want to be too loud last night while the kids were sleeping.

Good work.

Here's a tip for next time: with the chain still on, pin it in place with a screwdriver, then you can easily crack the sprocket nuts loose.

Good work.

Here's a tip for next time: with the chain still on, pin it in place with a screwdriver, then you can easily crack the sprocket nuts loose.
Ya I remembered that after I took it off…but thought it was only applicable to the front sprocket.

stupid question do I need to grease something before I reassemble…cleaned it up best I could.

0D2BAD12-A298-4DA1-942C-038C98453183.jpeg

love my center stand.

View attachment 50832

View attachment 50833
View attachment 50834

If you don't have a grinder, you can use borrow mine, I'm close to Cawthra

Yes lube the splines antiseize would do it they will wear if dry.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
Great thanks. Glad I checked before I reassembled.

Only grease I have is the general purpose one that’s used in the snow blower splines thanks to @nobbie48 so not sure if I need a specific one.

More research!

Back
Top Bottom