What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 119 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Daughter and i did a trial on Sunday. Wow was it muddy! She fell a few times and ripped the seat cover on her 1976 Yamaha (again). So i brought it home with me. Daddy greased the swingarm, changed the gearbox oil, changed the fork oil, cleaned the air filter and my lovely girlfriend Bernadette put a new cover on the seat. RED!
We are doing a practice ride tomorrow. She's going to love it.
Oh, and it got a really good bath.
received_1279391616316145.jpeg

I was able to remove one of the two stripped heads for my clutch fluid reservoir. I assume at some point in the bikes ownership, someone tried to use a Philips screwdriver instead of the proper JIS. My neighbour had some left handed drill bits and that did the trick for the severely rounded one.
I bled the clutch with some new fluid and everything is good.
I then covered my bikes and fired up my mitre saw to cut some moulding for the staircase landing wall.

On Sunday I replaced the battery in my Husqvarna 250 and traced a no-start issue to corrosion at the ignition switch. After greasing it snd the kill switch contacts all worked as it should.

I moved on to the oil and filter on my KTM 1090.

One of the mounts (into the oil tank casting) for the crash bars was close to stripped so I took the time to drill it out, tap it and install a thread repair.

All bolted up and good to go.

I was able to remove one of the two stripped heads for my clutch fluid reservoir. I assume at some point in the bikes ownership, someone tried to use a Philips screwdriver instead of the proper JIS. My neighbour had some left handed drill bits and that did the trick for the severely rounded one.
I've discovered recently that PHR2 or PR2 bits ("reduced" Phillips) are a decent substitute if you don't have JIS bits. Apparently they're commonly used in North America for drywall guns. I had half a dozen of them lying around from various Mastercraft tool sets and never knew what they were. They fit deeper into the head and don't want to wobble or cam out at all.

I've discovered recently that PHR2 or PR2 bits ("reduced" Phillips) are a decent substitute if you don't have JIS bits. Apparently they're commonly used in North America for drywall guns. I had half a dozen of them lying around from various Mastercraft tool sets and never knew what they were. They fit deeper into the head and don't want to wobble or cam out at all.
Luckily I have the proper JIS screwdrivers. I'll have to dig around my tools to see if I have any of those reduced bits

Popped the wheels off and took them to Inglis for the new rubber install. The wheels are Comstars and I didn't feel like scratching up the rims. IMG_0466.JPGEvery once in a while it's nice to just throw money at a problem.

Extra points if you can spot the sled, moped and coffin hiding out in that pic.

Popped the wheels off and took them to Inglis for the new rubber install. The wheels are Comstars and I didn't feel like scratching up the rims. View attachment 60845Every once in a while it's nice to just throw money at a problem.

Extra points if you can spot the sled, moped and coffin hiding out in that pic.
Do you have your own coffin in the garage? I have considered doing that (hopefully later when I am statistically more likely to need it).

Do you have your own coffin in the garage? I have considered doing that (hopefully later when I am statistically more likely to need it).
It's hanging (floor space rule again) behind the Kwak flag. My daughter works in tv and film and scored some left over from Frank Drake Mysteries.
She brought it down to me strapped to the roof of her Honda with a "funeral" flag attached to the front fender.

You can buy a casket at Walmart and have it delivered.
What a way to go. Eternity in a walmart casket. I try to spend as little as possible there. I am probably at less than $100 in my life.

What a way to go. Eternity in a walmart casket. I try to spend as little as possible there. I am probably at less than $100 in my life.
I do everything in my power to not ever go there and dissuade my wife from shopping there.

Sent from the future

You won't notice... you'll be dead.
You can rent a coffin. When I buried the wife, at viewing and the funeral she was in a real nice shiny box, then went into a reinforced cardboard box (that cost about $350 in 1995) and into fire. I got her remains (ashes) in a 5qt zip lock bag. The zip lock bag was an inside joke, I've known the funeral director since I was a kid (growing up we called him "Snickers". Snickers the Funeral Director... very solemn)... my father in law, who is VERY catholic, FREAKED. She was interred in this very ornate urn thing. I betcha he paid $2000 for it. I doubt she noticed.
I want to be planted out back to feed the worms... but I'll be dead when that decision is made, so...BUT I don't want to be planted in a Walmart box.

ATV week in my garage. Changed the speed sensor, pulled off the racks and crash bumpers, sandblasted the steel, filled a couple of cracks in the GFN decks and refinished using bedliner. Repainted and straightened winchmount. New zenon headlight bulb. Extracted broken exhsust bolt . Fitted new mirrors and

Parts coming tomorrow for new LED driving lights, rear master, header gasket and studs, 100' synthetic winch rope, and a pile d-ring race fasteners.

Plastics are getting faded, contemplating doing a wrap. Anyone tried wrapping plastics?

You won't notice... you'll be dead.
You can rent a coffin. When I buried the wife, at viewing and the funeral she was in a real nice shiny box, then went into a reinforced cardboard box (that cost about $350 in 1995) and into fire. I got her remains (ashes) in a 5qt zip lock bag. The zip lock bag was an inside joke, I've known the funeral director since I was a kid (growing up we called him "Snickers". Snickers the Funeral Director... very solemn)... my father in law, who is VERY catholic, FREAKED. She was interred in this very ornate urn thing. I betcha he paid $2000 for it. I doubt she noticed.
I want to be planted out back to feed the worms... but I'll be dead when that decision is made, so...BUT I don't want to be planted in a Walmart box.
I wanna go out like Bryant, Horton or Barilko. Fast, fiery, and no need for a box of any sort.

ATV week in my garage. Changed the speed sensor, pulled off the racks and crash bumpers, sandblasted the steel, filled a couple of cracks in the GFN decks and refinished using bedliner. Repainted and straightened winchmount. New zenon headlight bulb. Extracted broken exhsust bolt . Fitted new mirrors and

Parts coming tomorrow for new LED driving lights, rear master, header gasket and studs, 100' synthetic winch rope, and a pile d-ring race fasteners.

Plastics are getting faded, contemplating doing a wrap. Anyone tried wrapping plastics?
Was this the one that was new a couple years ago? Hopefully this is a vintage one to get to that state.

I haven't wrapped plastics but half the PPF applied goes on painted plastic. When they wrap a car, again, lots of painted plastic gets wrapped.

Old bea
Was this the one that was new a couple years ago? Hopefully this is a vintage one to get to that state.

I haven't wrapped plastics but half the PPF applied goes on painted plastic. When they wrap a car, again, lots of painted plastic gets wrapped.
Not the '22, that's still under warranty.

I aave a couple of old girls, an Xplorer 400 and a 700 Twin Sportsman. I keep them up north.

The 400 is a hoot, 2t about 60hp. The one I'm freshening up is my 700 Sportsman Twin, I call her the Beast.

There’s no issues wrapping plastic. How badly is it faded? Tire shine works great on ATV plastic to make them look fantastic and hide scratches and other bruising.

Ugh...dash camera failed on the car. Now I need to figure out which fuse it's all connected to in order to check them. FRAK.

There’s no issues wrapping plastic. How badly is it faded? Tire shine works great on ATV plastic to make them look fantastic and hide scratches and other bruising.
North American nakers use HDPE which is a lot tougher and cold resistant than the polypropolene used on Japan and China ATVs.

HDPE fades, but doesn't oxidize -- so flaming or shining potions that work on Asian made ATVs re useless on North American made.

Fade and scars aren't my concern, it the lemon yellow color that irks me.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a roll ov Vvivid Ghost Metal.

Just got dumbfounded... ignition module on my Polaris ATV is stamped "Ducati Electrics"!!!

First time I noticed that in 15 years.

I feel violated. I guess it could be worse if it said Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom