What are you reading? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you reading?

Decided to take a break from Ulysses, and switched gear to
52382796._SY475_.jpg

Saw the series as a kid and it was fun and been meaning to read it for a while. Really glad, well written, insightful and entertaining.

For most of my life I was an avid reader, many times reading a novel a week. With my eyes not being what they used to be, I stopped reading all together for the past few years as it was just too uncomfortable and led to eye strain, blurry vision and headaches.
For the record I wear glasses and my prescription is up to date.
Recently I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and instantly feel back in love with reading again. with it's bright, large display and small form factor, reading has never been easier, I changed the font size and now can read without glasses and I am so pleased. Having Amazon Prime also allows me to use Prime reading so I have 1000's of books to read at no additional cost. But I decided to read a book I've always been interested in but never picked up. Carrie by Stephen King. I will say having only seen the "movies" I was very pleased in my choice. Story is well written and moves at a comfortable pace, the characters differ from their on screen versions and this was a bit of a surprise to me. In my first night I read 1/2 the book and it was hard to put down. I look forward to reading the other 1/2 this week.

Decided to take a break from Ulysses, and switched gear to
52382796._SY475_.jpg

Saw the series as a kid and it was fun and been meaning to read it for a while. Really glad, well written, insightful and entertaining.
Read that whole series way back. Shogun, Taipai even King Rat. Yes very insightful.

For most of my life I was an avid reader, many times reading a novel a week. With my eyes not being what they used to be, I stopped reading all together for the past few years as it was just too uncomfortable and led to eye strain, blurry vision and headaches.
For the record I wear glasses and my prescription is up to date.
Recently I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and instantly feel back in love with reading again. with it's bright, large display and small form factor, reading has never been easier, I changed the font size and now can read without glasses and I am so pleased. Having Amazon Prime also allows me to use Prime reading so I have 1000's of books to read at no additional cost. But I decided to read a book I've always been interested in but never picked up. Carrie by Stephen King. I will say having only seen the "movies" I was very pleased in my choice. Story is well written and moves at a comfortable pace, the characters differ from their on screen versions and this was a bit of a surprise to me. In my first night I read 1/2 the book and it was hard to put down. I look forward to reading the other 1/2 this week.
I'm nearsighted, and I find the exact opposite.
Any kind of a screen is too bright, and a book with a good light is perfect.

I've currently switched to foreign books on the web.

Much of the current generation of sci-fi/fantasy seems to have become formulaic the way romance novels did. I ended up reading the Witcher before it was a thing, although when you think about it, it is very romance novel like.

Any kind of a screen is too bright, and a book with a good light is perfect.
I noticed with the kindle you have many adjustments with brightness to suit your reading environment. You can also turn them all off.
I can't read on a cell phone or a tablet due to them being overly bright.
But, with the kindle it looks just like paper. I'm very pleased.

I noticed with the kindle you have many adjustments with brightness to suit your reading environment. You can also turn them all off.
I can't read on a cell phone or a tablet due to them being overly bright.
But, with the kindle it looks just like paper. I'm very pleased.
I literally just bought my wife a newer Kobo. She likes it because her eyes don’t hurt.

I have an old kobo and old Kindle. Both dead but I focus on audiobooks simply due to time.

Also, finished the ‘Inconvenient Indian’ and am really glad I listened to it.

Now to find an audiobook for Canadian History.

I literally just bought my wife a newer Kobo. She likes it because her eyes don’t hurt.

I have an old kobo and old Kindle. Both dead but I focus on audiobooks simply due to time.

Also, finished the ‘Inconvenient Indian’ and am really glad I listened to it.

Now to find an audiobook for Canadian History.
Kobo & Kindle are both very good. I just chose Kindle due to having Amazon Prime which provide me with 1000's of books for free.
I also have a large collection of audio books, I use these when I am walking to and from work or on long commutes.

Reading "Pearl Harbor" by Takuma Melber.
It is a view of that event from the other side of the fence.
The Japanese invade China and to discourage their further expansion, the US slaps an embargo. Now, the Japanese need raw material and their alternative is more war.
Recognize the current day parallel?

For anyone into or getting into e books. The Toronto Public Library is your friend.

Also, I have like 100 or so of ebooks, can we share?

51opFv0yLCL.jpg

This is amazing.
Another notch for this one.
If you want to have preview, here's his tedtalk from 2014.

There's another one. Something? House?

For anyone into or getting into e books. The Toronto Public Library is your friend.

Also, I have like 100 or so of ebooks, can we share?
Is there a program where non residents of Toronto can join?

I ask because Mississauga library has the same, but not all the same books are available in audiobook form.

EDIT: n/m am idiot

1671724018646.png
Guess since I work in Toronto I’m eligible.

Noble house.

@mimico_polak, not sure man, you would need a bill or something with a Toronto address from memory. Just buy a condo downtown for that eBooks clout :)
One can live, or work, in the CoT to qualify for a TPL card. As I work in Scarborough for a Toronto company…I was able to qualify and get a card with no issues.

They just don’t allow you to do it online like Mississauga.

Back
Top Bottom