What are you currently playing? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you currently playing?

As @sburns i watched the show and now want to play it.

For me currently, I always loved flying games so borrowed Ace Combat 7 from the library (did you know you can rent video games from the library!?) and it’s Ok…but nothing beats the original Chuck Yeager game…
Who remembers this one?
Secret_Weapons_of_the_Luftwaffe_cover.jpg

I loved flight sims as a kid. Started with Chuck Yeager, but my favourites were the B-17 and Aces series (Aces Over Europe, Aces Over the Pacific, etc).

The problem I have is the modern ones are either straight arcades shooters like Ace Combat or study-level realistic sims with zero concessions for fun. I tried to get into the DCS series a while back, but holy crap is it complex. For me, in making everything hyper-realistic, the fun has been lost. I'm not interested in memorising the 800 steps just to get a plane started and in the air. The Il-2 series is a lot more accessible, but then some of their people online started spouting anti-Ukraine nonsense online, so I've given up on that one. So for now, if I want to chill and check out scenery, I fire up the newest MS Flight Simulator in VR, hit the auto-start button, and mess around without worrying about programming flight plans into the computer etc.

I wonder if I can hack my Wii to play some of these old games. I'm sure there's an emulator out there somewhere...

I'm not sure if I ever played Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, but I played a LOT of Red Baron
redbaron01.bmp.jpg
I remember smashing the "U" key to clear machine gun jams

Back
Top Bottom