What are you currently playing? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you currently playing?

I loved the old NES systems.

I bought into the craze for the new NES and SNES mini recently that came out….I forgot how garbage those games were and nostalgia is very expensive.

Luckily I found two bigger suckers than me and I made money on both.

I have them both and don't regret my decisions. I wouldn't be happy if I bought them today but I bought them at launch so at least I wasn't completely ripped off.

I have them both and don't regret my decisions. I wouldn't be happy if I bought them today but I bought them at launch so at least I wasn't completely ripped off.
They’re def fun games and brought back good memories. But with my current Switch I end up playing Dr Mario anyway.

I’m a cheapskate so I got a used PS4 after Xmas when everyone was selling theirs because they got their kids a PS5. Bought a bunch of used and sale games and so I should be set for a good few years. My PS3 lasted forever and I refused to upgrade.

The Last of Us and and Borderlands 3 is what I’m playing right now. I still have a bunch of others to play. I think I got maybe 15 games for about $150 from the cheap games bin at GameStop.

I've been playing Arma 3, Age of Empires 2 and 4, Final Fantasy 3 (6) though I should finish FF3 and move on to Chrono Trigger.
Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger sure take me back.

Great storylines. I should find an emulator and download them.

Nostalgia and all, I'm sure the graphics will be awful.

I'm playing through Farcry 5 on ps4 for the second time. Snipe, and run & gun everything.
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger sure take me back.

Great storylines. I should find an emulator and download them.

Nostalgia and all, I'm sure the graphics will be awful.

I'm playing through Farcry 5 on ps4 for the second time. Snipe, and run & gun everything.
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I feel the graphics hold up much better than n64 and ps1 games. The graphics from ff3 and chrono trigger are being replicated in many switch games, such as octopath traveller.

Just finished a good hour of racing in GT7. Not a huge fan of the format this time around…but the racing is good and entertaining.

Dr Mario!!

I remember playing that on acid. Crazy trails!
I had the entire NES and SNES collection at my fingertips on the switch….and the only game I consistently played was Dr Mario….

You know the NES, SNES, and N64 are the only three systems I have never played a game one.. Crazy eh!?!

I bought into the craze for the new NES and SNES mini recently that came out….I forgot how garbage those games were and nostalgia is very expensive.

Respectfully disagree. We got my son a Switch last year for Christmas and I signed us up for the online membership that gives you access to NES and SNES games. The old Zelda games are awesome! I finally finished Zelda II (by cheating with save states) and I'm about 75% through A Link to The Past and it's just an amazing game. I'm not stuck in the past either - wife and I finished Breath of the Wild before I got back into the oldies.

My 9yo son was shocked to discover that his uncool parents were avid gamers back in the day. 😁

Respectfully disagree. We got my son a Switch last year for Christmas and I signed us up for the online membership that gives you access to NES and SNES games. The old Zelda games are awesome! I finally finished Zelda II (by cheating with save states) and I'm about 75% through A Link to The Past and it's just an amazing game. I'm not stuck in the past either - wife and I finished Breath of the Wild before I got back into the oldies.

My 9yo son was shocked to discover that his uncool parents were avid gamers back in the day. 😁
For sure they're good games, and I love BOTW but I'm horrible at those type of open world games.

I'm fantastic at racing games, and some of the GTA/RDR2 types of games. But I've struggled with God of War, and with BOTW each time I pick it up.

Right now...GT7 has my full attention and that wheel is awesome. I checked into my BIL's VR2...$750. No thanks.

On another note...when's a good time to get kids into video games? They know of them in the house, they've sat on my lap 'driving' in GT7...but they haven't actually played anything yet except some small game on my son's 'smart watch'.

When's a good time to get kids into video games?
As the parent I think that call falls onto you. You know your kid(s) better than anyone. But I say, watch for the warning signs.
Addiction and attitude. Make sure to create healthy rules so you and your kid(s) can enjoy the experience together and they grow to understand that games are a luxury and NOT a necessity. With a good balance they will gain and the positives from enjoying video games and hopefully avoid the pitfalls. Just look at these yahoo's...

As the parent I think that call falls onto you. You know your kid(s) better than anyone. But I say, watch for the warning signs.
Addiction and attitude. Make sure to create healthy rules so you and your kid(s) can enjoy the experience together and they grow to understand that games are a luxury and NOT a necessity. With a good balance they will gain and the positives from enjoying video games and hopefully avoid the pitfalls. Just look at these yahoo's...
Yes you are right. My wife didn't grow up with video games, I did, so she doesn't see much benefit to it.

But I do want to share that with my kids in time.

I want to get them into family board games so we can do it all as a group, that's another question as their attention span (especially the 3 year old) is zero.

Rummoli

Yes you are right. My wife didn't grow up with video games, I did, so she doesn't see much benefit to it.

But I do want to share that with my kids in time.

I want to get them into family board games so we can do it all as a group, that's another question as their attention span (especially the 3 year old) is zero.
Playing games with your children is a good way to gauge behavior's and maybe even prevent some negative ones from over developing.
My father got me into video games in the 70's with pong then Atari. But, I learned early on if I acted like an ass, I got treated like one.
Spending time with my father was a privilege and we were doing something we both enjoyed.

(Over simplified) Most "older" people today blame video games and movies for every kids problem, but who are the ones buying them, using them as a babysitter then complain when things don't turn out they way they want?

It also has some benefits as a parent, teaching and following rules, the power of explanation when the kid is confused and most importantly creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Anyone remember this game?
Guess-Who-1.jpg

Just finished GoW:Ragnarock (10/10).
Loaded up horizon: Still can't stand it
Loaded up Witcher: Nope, not for me
AssCreed:Valhalla: Meh
Back to RDR2, le sigh.

Every now and then I play WZ 2 with my university friends that are back in Mexico, nice way to keep in touch with them.

Cyberpunk is in my backlog, but with adult life in the way I don't know if I will start it before this year Christmas.

I'm excited about the new Harry Potter game, mainly because the wife is a huge HP fan but she's not a gamer. So let's see how this works out.

Back
Top Bottom