Weather | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

Hot hot hot. Bought a fan for the gazebo...luxury. There was a rumble of thunder about an hour ago.....I didn’t get a drop of rain but my buddy two blocks away did. Garden is starting to crack in the soil in places now. Leaving the grass to grow longer as otherwise it’ll brown too easily. Great summer for hot weather, I don’t like riding too much in high humidity though.

Hot hot hot. Bought a fan for the gazebo...luxury. There was a rumble of thunder about an hour ago.....I didn’t get a drop of rain but my buddy two blocks away did. Garden is starting to crack in the soil in places now. Leaving the grass to grow longer as otherwise it’ll brown too easily. Great summer for hot weather, I don’t like riding too much in high humidity though.
In heat waves like this, I normally just let the lawn die. This year I am trying to keep it alive to give the kids somewhere to play outside since they are home full-time. I don't look forward to the water bill. It's already cut at 3.5" so I can't leave it much longer.

In heat waves like this, I normally just let the lawn die. This year I am trying to keep it alive to give the kids somewhere to play outside since they are home full-time. I don't look forward to the water bill. It's already cut at 3.5" so I can't leave it much longer.

We had a family discussion a few weeks back. Decided that as we weren’t likely going to be able to have our normal summer break we would plough the cash into a staycation. The gazebo fan is part of that, as is keeping the lawn lush and all the plants going nuts. A nice picnic set is on the cards for local picnics. We bought some super plush lounger cushions and a new hammock. Little home luxuries is the name of the game.

boomers in Milton as we speak...actually raining....whoo hooo!!! :D
Rained at the office in Vaughn around 2ish I think. Came down sideways and left silly water marks all over the bike ?. Lasted maybe 10 minutes.

30 minutes later looking around if I told you it had rained hard in the area you would have called me a liar.

Sounds like some areas of Toronto got hammered big time. Downed trees, flooding. Short but very punctuated in some areas.

Yikes

it rained more in 20 minutes in Toronto than the entire month of June and early July, with approximately 50.4 mm accumulating between 2:45 p.m. and 3:05 p.m. ET.

Last edited:
Well everything but the kitchen sink visible in the Toronto sky this morning except the damn comet, Venus, Mars, Jupiter plus the space station transit ( unexpected but a treat ) a wandering racoon, some bats ....no comet.....

Even could pick up the phase of Venus with the big lens
ACtC-3f7mvNH6db-prQ9HlSC_7obSHpGP-3eFMAmJTeol0438GG5CoXgATm7G-UsN_n4sncS4SJfqTx25aTJsewhOabttGhziDkgmnTJtC_bjOC3YDCAThuTLi-jTaeGi9Rukmi0z9pODsJO-EetB1AmKzrGqg=w702-h780-no

Nice sunrise ...no comet. :(

Just starting to get some in Kitchener now.
But I think we will get something more substantial around 9 or 10 tonight

Holy shitballs and applesauce! KW is gonna get it.

Second night for thunderclaps for St Kitts. The rains barrels are full, grass and garden are grateful! So are well.

Porch wine as we listen and watch the lightening and thunder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About bloody time - windows wide open .mid 20s .and a couple weeks of this (y) :love:
We sat out on the porch too chatting with staff and partner in Aus. Lovely Friday night.

Someone posted a Facebook video taken in Milton that looked a lot like a tornado. I didnt hear any official reports so I guess it was rotating but wind speed wasnt bad.

@GreyGhost we live 2 km from where it was spotted and I wouldn't doubt it...winds were crazy, rain was torrential and we lost power too...the Mattamy Velodrome is located there, otherwise, it's all open field area...will be interesting to hear what the official word is from Environment Canada

Bring your rain gear if you're going out today. Lots of scattered torrential rain storms out there. Ask me how I know! :sneaky:

Not missing us ....don't **** with this one...tornado warnings earlier and still some for further north
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at Jul, 19    2020    11.50.57 AM.jpg
  • UPDATE: There is no longer a tornado warning in southern Ontario. However, there are still heat and severe thunderstorm warnings, as well as severe thunderstorm watches, as of 12:45 a.m. ET. For the latest information in your area overnight, click here.
A tornado warning is in effect for Lindsay, southern Kawartha Lakes, Fenelon Falls, Balsam Lake Park and northern Kawartha Lakes, according to Environment Canada.

The federal weather agency issued a report around 9 p.m. Monday saying their meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that could possibly produce a tornado in parts of southern Ontario.

Damaging winds, large hail and intense rainfall are also possible, the alert said.

This is the second of two thunderstorms that Environment Canada has been tracking Monday night, the first of which produced a brief tornado near Beaverton and moving southeast, according to the alert.

Locations already impacted by the first tornado include Cannington, Brock, Woodville, Grasshill and Mariposa.

Back
Top Bottom