Weather | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

Constant thunder and lightning here in Oakville right now.
Quite the light show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Constant thunder and lightning here in Oakville right now.
Quite the light show.

I had to take cover under a bridge. Was trying to beat it home but had some really brutal wind gusts and what felt like hail.

20200719_153538.jpg

Last edited:
Good for you ...I've done the same - when the rain gets horizontal time find a spot. I would not want to have been out in what transitted our back yard.:eek:

Got caught up in today's weather mayhem on HWY 6 Guelph. From good summer weather to blinding rain and 10 meters visibility in about 10 minutes! Cars started parking on the side of the road with blinkers on.
Took the first exit - Laird road and thought that if the lightening didn't hit me, the wind will blow me over the bridge!
Thanks 'Auto Reflections Car Care', I am the motorcyclist who was in one of your bays. Even after 20 minutes, water from my clothes was still dripping:)
Finally, made back to home at Oakville, via 20 side road and 15 side road.
Tarmac was slippery and plenty of downed branches and leaves. Whew. All in the day's ride.

ugh
Sunday Heat
ON Storms Monday

and big time storm risk - careful out there

A rider an I rode through the July 19th storm for a few hours, lightening all around us and twisty muddy gravel backroads, then the hwy, just before I emptied the gallon of water in my boots, coming down a lot of hydro lines were out and places closed with no electricity, branches fallen, high winds. In hindsight we should have stopped, though all weather apps showed rain all day long, so figured whatever, I threw the googles on to see something atleast, some tunes, and thankfully it was warm outside because non of my waterproof gear stayed waterproof through that for even 5 mins. We could barely see each other riding, and at some points were mistaking trees for hilly roads ?

Weather was good today! Went places close to water to try and keep it cooler.

Seems this humidity is sticking around and the rain for today is blowing over.

Brrrr, what happened to the heat, still good riding, but is it time for leather jacket again.

Looks to be a good night for meteor watching. Bit colder and looks to be clear.
EfJs75LWkAEZ3Wj

we timed it just right as even tho the peak was 3 am the clear sky has gone and the moon is up ....it got down to 11 ..
But lots of meteors and a few fireballs and worth the effort. We arrived just after 12. and stayed for an hour or so.

Last edited:
Looks to be a good night for meteor watching. Bit colder and looks to be clear.
EfJs75LWkAEZ3Wj

we timed it just right as even tho the peak was 3 am the clear sky has gone and the moon is up ....it got down to 11 ..
But lots of meteors and a few fireballs and worth the effort. We arrived just after 12. and stayed for an hour or so.

Was up at Lake Temagami camping from Wednesday to Friday. The Wednesday night sky was absolutely amazing. Never seen anything quite like it before .

Was up at Lake Temagami camping from Wednesday to Friday. The Wednesday night sky was absolutely amazing. Never seen anything quite like it before .

Temagami. Mmmmm. My brother and i were camping on Lake Kokoko many years ago in the spring when Mars was quite visible and there was zero light pollution. The calm lake at midnight glowed red.

Crisp out there today, still good riding, but is it time for leather jacket again.

Back
Top Bottom