Weather | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

I have to top it up every day. Heater is off, pool is 86. My rain barrel I use for topping up is still bone dry. No complaints though, good year to own a pool with this heat and covid shite.
Ours is sitting at 90 kids are loving it. Using it everyday

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I think mid 80’s is the sweet spot for me, if I need it hotter I could jump in the hot tub. I’ve trimmed down some branches that were blocking some sunlight, but have kept the deep end shaded. Works well right now.

I have to top it up every day. Heater is off, pool is 86. My rain barrel I use for topping up is still bone dry. No complaints though, good year to own a pool with this heat and covid shite.
My rain barrel will be empty in a few days, I've been neglecting watering because of other house stuff. But I have been thinking to add 2 more to be better prepared for weather like this.

Pool was 87 yesterday. Havent run the heater for many weeks. Good thing you cant really swim in a backyard pool, they are only good for lounging.
I do laps in mine. 45 laps is about 1/2km - beats any other type of workout in this heat.

I'm lucky to have a catch basin in my yard, it's about 8' below grade and has never run dry. I have a small pump dropped down there -- fills my rain barrels, and fills a drip line for the back yard gardens.

I'm lucky to have a catch basin in my yard, it's about 8' below grade and has never run dry. I have a small pump dropped down there -- fills my rain barrels, and fills a drip line for the back yard gardens.
Now that is a good setup!

I do laps in mine. 45 laps is about 1/2km - beats any other type of workout in this heat.

Our pool is only ~30' so with a push off the wall, it's three strokes and then turn. With no push, it's three strokes of fly and then turn.

Our pool is only ~30' so with a push off the wall, it's three strokes and then turn. With no push, it's three strokes of fly and then turn.
Win the lottery and buy an endless pool

Ours is 36, no push off the wall and no butterfly. I gave that up the first time I lost to Phelps.

My fave now is the breast stoke because I can do it all year long.

I hate to say it but I want some rain.....to cool off this heat. Last person to ever want rain.

34 tomorrow, will there be any cooler places around to ride too?

rain, like in the pic?
(this is a day in the Mumbai aka Bombay, monsoon , taken yesterday)
153b4a378d8e2fabf69ac090be62ee22.jpg

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

I had to turn down the setting on our solar controller as the pool was going past "refreshing" into hot tub territory. I've also been leaving the cover off the last few nights and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable future with the exception of maybe Tuesday - supposed to be warm, but cloudy.

Depends on the wind but along Lake Erie should be cooler ....I assume you don't want to do Lake Superior?

I had to turn down the setting on our solar controller as the pool was going past "refreshing" into hot tub territory. I've also been leaving the cover off the last few nights and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable future with the exception of maybe Tuesday - supposed to be warm, but cloudy.
I left it uncovered last night to drop it from 88 to 84. No solar heater. I can only imagine how hot it would be if I was intentionally heating it.

I left it uncovered last night to drop it from 88 to 84. No solar heater. I can only imagine how hot it would be if I was intentionally heating it.

My wife likes it around 31-32C...whatever that is in 'Murican. Normally I'm happy with 28-30 range. With the solar it'll maintain that given sunny days even with cooler weather.

especially with this heat - should see a few more ...it was a bear to pull that stand out of the paving.

Weather is reminding me the Summer of 1988, my first in Canada. Very little rain, although it's not as humid as 88. No water restrictions yet, and the grass still has more to go before it turns brown. My commute now i am staying off the DVP and 401, Kingston road is noticeably cooler.

Back
Top Bottom