Weather | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

How is it further north i.e. Toronto. We're heading back from the heat here in the next couple of days. Planned stops are in Memphis, Bowling Green for the Corvette museum, somewhere between there and Buffalo, and then Lake Scuggog.

Last edited:
This morning was 5 but sunny so I decided to ride to work. Old School Rd and Healey have some beautifully repaved sections, including that horrible downhill/uphill corkscrew that looked like it had been hit by mortar rounds. Beautiful ride, I'm pretty sure the winter will destroy it so catch a ride out that way if you get a chance before then.

Today was purrrrrrrfect, keep up the good work.

Heading to Muskoka tomorrow. 19 Degrees and sunny. Perfect!

Did Southwood road today. Both directions. Colors are 100%. Parts of the road are not so good. Overall ok. Was like riding through a tunnel of yellow leaves. Temp hit 22 at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez 2 C when i started to get up ....staying in bed felt much wiser. Looks good when it warms up. Maybe Dover ...always warmer along the lake and perch would taste good

Bloody windy tho coming up....maybe stick to the Forks ...see if Hockley is open yet.

Was nice out there, but ya a bit windy need more layers I guess. Nice to be back on two wheels.

Sent from the Moon!

Chilly out there today, brrrr, I hate knowing the season will be soon over... week-end is looking nicer though.

Is kinda perfect riding today (y) Go riding!

take a pic that shows your handlebars and a nice view of something and post it here,
I'll attempt the same, let's see who has the best weather :LOL:

today5.jpg

today3.jpg
? you can see my doggy in that one
today2.jpg
Hi Stuka
today1.jpg

Rode this morning until I couldn't feel my clutch finger any more ?
there is a thin layer of ice under some of the leaves and pine needles that makes traction very interesting and some places that are total ice but otherwise, we haven't been ?dumped on yet, guess I better go for another putt.

Meteor shower

It's that time of year again and we might just have a clear sky tonight in S Ontario. Might take a staff up to the flying field.

Partner in Australia always gets up early so moon is down at 4 am there. Peak is tomorrow but it's clearer tonight and apparently the stream is rich in fireballs....I can attest to that in other years.

The Moon is full," reports Taichi Nakamura, who photographed the luminous orb rising above Miyazaki, Japan, on Dec. 12th.

Lunar glare is nearly overwhelming the Geminids, making it impossible to see a majority of the shower's faint meteors. Forecasters expect the shower to peak on Dec. 13-14. In a moonless year, sky watchers could expect to see dozens of meteors per hour flying from the constellation Gemini high in the midnight sky. This year, rates will be reduced 5-fold or more.

Now for the good news: The shower is relatively rich in fireballs. Debris from 3200 Phaethon is dense and gravelly, less fragile than the comet dust of typical meteor showers. This gives the Geminids a boost in luminosity, allowing the brightest to be seen even under full Moon conditions.

If you would like to try to catch a Geminid fireball, go outside around midnight on Dec. 13-14 and watch the sky for an hour or so. Worst-case sceneario: You'll get a great view of the Moon.

Back
Top Bottom