We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 115 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

'Sad day.

'And just the tip of the iceberg. Y'all think you live in a "free" country... Lol
Yup. What is the magnitude of the cost here? SKS at the bottom for $600 and $2500 for a fancy 'assault-style' gun? What is a javelin worth (I looked this one up, over 100k USD).

As much as people complain about their guns, assuming the payout is actually fair market value, many people will be getting substantial cheques. That takes some of the sting off of the trampled rights.

For those that are selling back a rocket launcher or javelin, make sure you let the neighborhood kids know first, you will probably have a swat team and half the army at your door shortly.

Yup. What is the magnitude of the cost here? SKS at the bottom for $600 and $2500 for a fancy 'assault-style' gun? What is a javelin worth (I looked this one up, over 100k USD).

I'm out about $7k... I have several friends out many times that amount.

As much as people complain about their guns, assuming the payout is actually fair market value, many people will be getting substantial cheques.

The gov't won't adequately pension a veteran who has had his legs blown off in Afghanistan... Do you really think they will pay me $7k, especially since I can't really provide a receipt.

assuming the payout is actually fair market value, many people will be getting substantial cheques That takes some of the sting off of the trampled rights.

None of us want "compensation".. Especially with our own (tax) money.
If you're they type of person who's "okay" with being trampled, as long as they throw you a few pieces of gold... Well, you just don't get the significance what has happened.

Last edited:
I'm out about $7k...

The gov't won't adequately pension a veteran who has had his legs blown off in Afghanistan... Do you really think they will pay me $7k, especially since I can't really provide a receipt.

None of us want "compensation".. Especially with our own (tax) money.
If you're they type of person who's "okay" with being trampled, as long as they throw you a few pieces of gold... Well, you just don't get the significance what has happened.
I entirely expect JT to complete suck at fair market value. I wholly expect they will look up the price of a ruger 10/22 at cable's and say guns are worth $500 each. I also fully expect a successful court challenge that he is grossly off fair market value.

I in no way endorse or encourage this JT stupidity. At the same time, given the power and time he currently has, I also dont know how you can stop him from taking them. The idiots that elected JT should have known this would happen. If they are being taken, at least getting a fighting chance to convert them back to cash (either through export or govt cheque) is a much better alternative than you taking it on the chin.

'Sad day.

'And just the tip of the iceberg. Y'all think you live in a "free" country... Lol

Email your MP as suggested.

I can see that helping a lot. hahahaha

Guns registry fiasco estimated 10 million dollars and it cost several billion . This is estimated to cost 250 million but actual cost unknown billions ? . We can see many Liberals getting rich off this confiscation .

Guns registry fiasco estimated 10 million dollars and it cost several billion . This is estimated to cost 250 million but actual cost unknown billions ? . We can see many Liberals getting rich off this confiscation .
If the formula happens to be very wrong on one particular model, want to get that that one has been stockpiled by liberati?

Registry price got out of control due to length of time, at least this time horizon is short enough that price shouldnt get too crazy (unless someone has a stockpile of javelins).

If the formula happens to be very wrong on one particular model, want to get that that one has been stockpiled by liberati?

Registry price got out of control due to length of time, at least this time horizon is short enough that price shouldnt get too crazy (unless someone has a stockpile of javelins).

Can you show me any Liberal program that was close to budget ?

So it looks like they made the rocket launcher tubes illegal? It looks like rocket and mortar tubes are illegal which makes absolutely no sense. It is a piece of pipe. The line makes a lot more sense is not allowing ammo for them.

Did they take out all 50's?

When was the last time a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, mortar or anti-tank weapon was used to kill someone outside of a war zone? I'm not saying we need them, it just seems to be unnecessary to ban them.
lol who even knows how to lay hands on any of that hardware. Are police going to raid lowes and home depots across Canada to confiscate all of the "mortar" tube? :ROFLMAO:. On the plus side, once the border opens up, import industry is going to be absolutely booming(no pun intended). And as a fabricator, I can just look at things like trucks and see so many ways to hide things that could never be found, I just mean I can see how it's not difficult.

, I can just look at things like trucks and see so many ways to hide things that could never be found, I just mean I can see how it's not difficult.

An 'aquaintance' took early retirement from the OPP with a payout for some incident he had suffered and went to driving a long haul transport, he carried a handgun in the US, being a retired OPP he felt entitled. It was wrapped in plastic and he would stick it in the pile of grease around the fifthwheel where the trailer connects to the truck. Usually with a bag of 6-8 40oz whiskeys that he would sell for $25 cash ea when he was home on weekends. He did this for a decade.

When we had the manufacturing plant in Chicago we would send anything one of the guys needed back , snowblower,bbq, flat screen TV by simply loading it first into the trailer then just start sliding in skids of sorbent pads and booms, the real product. We could have had anything in there.It was never anything like drugs or booze, just goods. If anybody at the border noticed, it was never mentioned.

A wrinkle that I wasn't expecting is that nothing is stopping people from exporting them

It's not a wrinkle... it's an option specifically mention within the OIC.

Problem is...
Where are you going to export to..?

For many of us the first choice would be the USA, however this isn't as easy as it seems.
Shorter barrelled(<16") AR pattern rifles arent allowed to be just imported.
So called "SBRs" are regulated/registered and taxed in the US... cost of import far out strips what they're worth.

I should have said "in some cases", it definitely doesn't work for everything. And by wrinkle I don't mean loophole - but typically the intent of such legislation includes removing firearms from all avenues of circulation, so I am surprised that they plan to specifically allow it

Ummm. . . A pump action shotgun is a variant of an M16? Big Billy Blair is really stretching this OIC. Pretty soon we won't be able to buy iron pipe at home depot in case we use it as a mortar.

The RCMP’s Firearms Reference Table (FRT) now lists dozens of makes and models of bolt-action, pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns as Prohibited firearms through Part 87 of the Minister’s OIC gun ban. http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-05-01-x3/html/sor-dors96-eng.html

87. The firearms of the designs commonly known as the M16, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles and the M4 carbine, and any variants or modified versions of them…

Back
Top Bottom