We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 116 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Question about the "patrol carbine". Doesn't that mag still have lots of room in it? They don't start with a fully loaded gun? If so, that seems like a really dumb idea.

EZMhDkOXQAE4agA

Question about the "patrol carbine". Doesn't that mag still have lots of room in it? They don't start with a fully loaded gun? If so, that seems like a really dumb idea.

EZMhDkOXQAE4agA

That's a fully loaded 30 round mag. I'd bet is a Lancer... They make those translucent mags...
gnEbiR1.png

The compressed spring and follower are what's taking up the space you see...
Some SOPs call for a 30 round magazine to be loaded to a max of 28/29 rounds to make seating the magazine on a closed bolt easier.

'Looks like he's getting ready to kill the most people in the least amount of time...

That's a fully loaded 30 round mag. I'd bet is a Lancer... The make those translucent mags...
The compressed spring and follower are what's taking up the space you see...
Some SOPs call for a 30 round magazine to be loaded to a max of 28/29 rounds to make seating the magazine on a closed bolt easier.

'Looks like he's getting ready to kill the most people in the least amount of time...
Thanks, I haven't handled translucent mags. I didn't expect the spring to need so much room.

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of this.

Don't even have my PAL or RPAL but I donated and signed all the petitions.

Wow, update on big bad Billy blairs banned list. Up by 25% but you need to search the database for each individual gun. He is "working" on how to make the list more accessible. Wtf. If you add it to the list, you write it down and issue an addendum you pos. There is nothing to work on.

Gun stores are being required to pay for storage on firearms that were legal when ordered but became retroactively prohibited and are now hung up in transit. Sounds like JT is off to a great start to ensuring that being are compensated for this idiotic seizure.

The list is growing so fast and with so little reason, all gun sales have dried up as there is no rhyme or reason what they are banning and people dont want to be in a bigger hole (unless the plan is list one of every type of firearm, then slide in " or similar" and ban every gunpowder device in canada).

Wow, update on big bad Billy blairs banned list. Up by 25% but you need to search the database for each individual gun. He is "working" on how to make the list more accessible. Wtf. If you add it to the list, you write it down and issue an addendum you pos. There is nothing to work on.

Gun stores are being required to pay for storage on firearms that were legal when ordered but became retroactively prohibited and are now hung up in transit. Sounds like JT is off to a great start to ensuring that being are compensated for this idiotic seizure.

The list is growing so fast and with so little reason, all gun sales have dried up as there is no rhyme or reason what they are banning and people dont want to be in a bigger hole (unless the plan is list one of every type of firearm, then slide in " or similar" and ban every gunpowder device in canada).

its a few AR looking shotguns mainly....odd choices but not a lot makes sense. A fringe of the gun crowd is trying to scare up the older shooters by telling them their duck guns are banned so that’s not helping either.

Excellent interview with Rod Giltaca, CEO of the Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights, on the constitutional challenge to the government's massive gun ban. They're asking a very simple question: does the Canadian government have the right to take way anything they want from Canadians? Is there any backstop in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, or the Bill of Rights that prevents them from seizing Canadian's property just because they say so?

I see there was a flyer sent out to gun owners . Where is the list to my house telling me exactly what is now prohibited ? That is what I should have been sent out .

Quick check of something.... a .22 scope dialled in perfectly at 50yds should drop about 4” at 100yds right? Most scopes would require 16 clicks up to adjust that? (1/4” per click at 100)?

Quick check of something.... a .22 scope dialled in perfectly at 50yds should drop about 4” at 100yds right? Most scopes would require 16 clicks up to adjust that? (1/4” per click at 100)?

What optic?
Is it mil or moa, and is the turret in 1/4, or 1/8 clicks?

It's always something right? ?

I ordered a scope from the UK that was on sale, last one left and it was MOA, absolute bargain. The company screwed up and sent me the model up from that that was in MIL (better reticle actually). I got in touch and they told me to just keep it and they would give me a small cash refund for my trouble. Forgot I had the MIL reticle. This explains why my last range trip was a bit of a mystery.

I picked up a cheap bore sight laser off Amazon that has been surprisingly useful and accurate.

The dot was visible at 100yds and I was only a couple clicks of elevation off after using it to sight in.

It zeroed in my AR's perfectly @ 50yds.

Shooting gophers yesterday/today... South Eastern Saskatchewan...
Brought two .22s (one CZ bolt gun and my old Mossberg 151MB) and one .17HMR (Savage)

The .17 got most of the work... A joy to shoot... Friggin' lazer beam...

5LF6tv2.jpg

YflJXM5.jpg

zgXXvRp.jpg

Bk96JIJ.jpg

Shooting gophers yesterday/today... South Eastern Saskatchewan...
Brought two .22s (one CZ bolt gun and my old Mossberg 151MB) and one .17HMR (Savage)

The .17 got most of the work... A joy to shoot... Friggin' lazer beam...

5LF6tv2.jpg

YflJXM5.jpg

zgXXvRp.jpg

Bk96JIJ.jpg
I remember doing that decades ago. Started with my 6 mil, dropped to the 22 and finished with a wrist rocket and longbow. That was back before the numbers took the great plummet. I had gophers popping up between my legs.

Back
Top Bottom