We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 113 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

So are the plus 2 extension tubes illegal or is it only illegal to install them on the Canadian side?

What is your shotgun chambered for..?
Do the math, but be careful... I'd go by the published SAMMI specs keeping in mind that the overall loaded length of ammunition does vary slightly between manufacturers.

As a side note... For competition/action shooting people get really hung up on capacity... If you actually learn how to shoot, move and load having that extra round or two in your mag isn't going to matter.
If you're REALLY hung up on capacity... Buy a pump.
Pump guns are not subject to any magazine capacity restrictions so... On a tube fed gun you can have as many rounds as you want.
Of course... Like I mentioned... Unless you put the time in and practice you're still going to get your ass handed to you by a guy with his 5 round semi who knows what he's doing.

What is your shotgun chambered for..?
Do the math, but be careful... I'd go by the published SAMMI specs keeping in mind that the overall loaded length of ammunition does vary slightly between manufacturers.

As a side note... For competition/action shooting people get really hung up on capacity... If you actually learn how to shoot, move and load having that extra round or two in your mag isn't going to matter.
If you're REALLY hung up on capacity... Buy a pump.
Pump guns are not subject to any magazine capacity restrictions so... On a tube fed gun you can have as many rounds as you want.
Of course... Like I mentioned... Unless you put the time in and practice you're still going to get your ass handed to you by a guy with his 5 round semi who knows what he's doing.

Understood. Chambered for 3” shells I think and OEM mag capacity is 5. So 6x2 3/4 I guess.

Now on the hunt for cheap slugs to play with.

Do I have to buy 100/250 bulk packs of slugs to get them at less than a buck a piece? These things are pricey.

Do I have to buy 100/250 bulk packs of slugs to get them at less than a buck a piece? These things are pricey.

Buy by the 250 round case... They don't go bad.
S&B "sport" slugs are nice...

Gots to pay to play...
Firearms are a lot like bikes... 'You think the cost is in the acquisition when really... It's in the feeding.

True that. Bought another 500 9mm (Remington..not had it before, hope it’s good) and another 100 .357 too. The 15% off made it all worthwhile and I can pick the stuff up in store.

True that. Bought another 500 9mm (Remington..not had it before, hope it’s good) and another 100 .357 too. The 15% off made it all worthwhile and I can pick the stuff up in store.

'Get into hand loading* if you shoot any sort of volume...
I honestly do not recall the last time I bought factory loaded ammo for any handgun/rifle I own except of course for rimfire stuff...

*It shouldn't really be called "hand loading" since most of us these days use semi progressive or progressive/automated machines/tools to load ammo.

'Get into hand loading* if you shoot any sort of volume...
I honestly do not recall the last time I bought factory loaded ammo for any handgun/rifle I own except of course for rimfire stuff...

*It shouldn't really be called "hand loading" since most of us these days use semi progressive or progressive/automated machines/tools to load ammo.

I started looking. I’ll see how much .357 or .38 I get through first as that seems to be where I’ll save the cash.

Another 18% off deal at SFRC. I snatched a ruger wrangler as a cheap plinker and some cut price .357 plus a shed load of .22

Been using a crate of Saudi Arabian milsurp. Pretty good actually. Ultra cheap. Also have a crate of Czech milsurp for my SKS. Takes a long time to get through all those rounds.

Picked up a new Ruger Wrangler today and 800 rnds .22lr. Nice little single action .22 revolver. Tried to get some cheap shotgun food but everywhere had sold out of cheap target loads.

Shooting slugs from a shotgun is more fun than a bucket of frogs. I need to find some cheaper slugs though. This could get very pricey.

Shooting slugs from a shotgun is more fun than a bucket of frogs. I need to find some cheaper slugs though. This could get very pricey.

Shooting slugs out of my 14" bbl shotgun is fun.

...doesn't get too pricey since after 5 or 6 your shoulder hurts too much

Shooting slugs out of my 14" bbl shotgun is fun.

...doesn't get too pricey since after 5 or 6 your shoulder hurts too much

I’m amazed at how well my shotgun soaks up recoil. Shooting slugs with it was so easy. They were low recoil sellier and belot ones though. Later that night a guy let me shoot his .44 magnum revolver. Now that had a kick.

I’m amazed at how well my shotgun soaks up recoil. Shooting slugs with it was so easy. They were low recoil sellier and belot ones though. Later that night a guy let me shoot his .44 magnum revolver. Now that had a kick.

Only 3" magnum slugs, or 9 pellet buckshot through mine

It's usually my end of range day fun since after 4 or 5 you really don't feel like shooting anymore.

...the 12" fireballs out the barrel look super cool though ?

Looks like the firearm industry is having a good month, most are going online or in store pick up only.

Back
Top Bottom