Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking you because you are parroting the numbers . You don't provide any proof of the numbers . Just quoting a politician . Like they neve lie . Then like a usual "Karen" you tell me to go find the information myself .

The rest of your post is a "Karen what if ". You are a fear monger . I have posted the stats several times . If you are under 60 and are healthy you have very little to worry about .

Manitoba is having a lottery for people to vaccinated . To me that says people are not taking the vaccine . They need to be coerst to get it . More second doses are avaible all over the place in Ontario .

Where do we send our postcards to when we go on vacay?

I'm asking you because you are parroting the numbers . You don't provide any proof of the numbers . Just quoting a politician . Like they neve lie . Then like a usual "Karen" you tell me to go find the information myself .

The sources that I quoted aren't politicians. They may be working for government departments ... but they're not politicians. No one voted for them. They were hired to do a job, and they're doing it.

Providing a link to the source and encouraging others to read it for themselves allows others to check for things like mis-quoting, cherry-picking, taking specific items out of context, twisting the intended meaning into something other than the authors' intent, etc.

If you cite news media, make sure the news media itself links to their sources, for the same reasons.

If you are under 60 and are healthy you have very little to worry about .

Manitoba is having a lottery for people to vaccinated . To me that says people are not taking the vaccine . They need to be coerst to get it . More second doses are avaible all over the place in Ontario .

A good friend of mine caught covid19 in February (along with his whole family). For him, it became "long covid". He still has aftereffects. He only went back to work this week, and he still lacks energy, gets tired quickly. He's early-fifties.

If people under 60 don't get vaccinated ... the only way we reach the vaunted "herd immunity" is via (almost) EVERYONE getting infected. No one really knows how much immunity those people who had minor asymptomatic infections really have, to getting infected again. See: Brazil, India. No one knows whether an asymptomatic infection to the original "wild" strain last year, is sufficient for immunity to the nastier variants that are circulating now. (If anyone has knowledge of legitimate studies of this - I am talking medical journals, The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, etc - post a link.)

As for Manitobans needing an incentive to get vaccinated ... we have our share of people like that. Deniers, anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, who knows.

Once the rest of us have two shots ... it'll be those people paying most of the remaining price of this pandemic.

A good friend of mine caught covid19 in February (along with his whole family). For him, it became "long covid". He still has aftereffects. He only went back to work this week, and he still lacks energy, gets tired quickly. He's early-fifties.

If people under 60 don't get vaccinated ... the only way we reach the vaunted "herd immunity" is via (almost) EVERYONE getting infected. No one really knows how much immunity those people who had minor asymptomatic infections really have, to getting infected again. See: Brazil, India. No one knows whether an asymptomatic infection to the original "wild" strain last year, is sufficient for immunity to the nastier variants that are circulating now. (If anyone has knowledge of legitimate studies of this - I am talking medical journals, The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, etc - post a link.)

As for Manitobans needing an incentive to get vaccinated ... we have our share of people like that. Deniers, anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, who knows.

Once the rest of us have two shots ... it'll be those people paying most of the remaining price of this pandemic.
I have already stated before . I know over 200 people that tested positive . Several were hospitalized . 4 out 5 are morbidly obese . The 5th was over 60 with undiagnised cancer . In fact he was lucky to get the vid . Through testing they found the cancer .

Where is the information you are posting coming from ? Are you just copy and pasting ? Post the links to the actual studies and results . Post links to goverment information .

There is probably about 25% of people that will not partake in an experimental vaccine . That does not mean they are " antivaxxers or conspiracy theorists " . People can think for themselves . They don't need the TV to think for them . At my work only about 50% took the vaccine . Why ? The people are mostly under 40 years of age and healthy . Their chances of them getting sick are slim to none . People that already had the vid have natrual immunity . Why would they take the vaccine ?

The sources that I quoted aren't politicians. They may be working for government departments ... but they're not politicians. No one voted for them. They were hired to do a job, and they're doing it.

Providing a link to the source and encouraging others to read it for themselves allows others to check for things like mis-quoting, cherry-picking, taking specific items out of context, twisting the intended meaning into something other than the authors' intent, etc.

If you cite news media, make sure the news media itself links to their sources, for the same reasons.
Ya work for the government and are a public figure you are a politician . They are the worst politicians because we can't get rid of them . If you think these officers of health are the best . You truly are lost .

You post zero facts . I'm seeing a pattern . You copy and paste . I post links so people can read for themselves . If you provide a link for your stuff maybe it would be belivable .

I'm using your standarts except I do provide links .

What have I not provided a link for, when asked? Any link that I give to a "media" article, or a youtube video, is only to one that in turn provides verifiable links to their sources. What is the problem with that?

And, where are you going to get infection statistics, that are NOT from government sources? It's government departments that are keeping track of that stuff. Here, it's Public Health (for the country, for the province, for the city). In the USA, it's the CDC. In the UK, it's the NHS (National Health Service) and the ONS (Office for National Statistics).

If the numbers from the Ontario government website are "zero facts", then where are you getting your facts?

Based on regular pre-COVID (2019 mortality rates), 206 school age kids die a year (0.1 per 1,000 of a little over 2 million).

And here you are harping about mortality rates........AGAIN. What part of 1,1800+ kids got sick enough from Covid to require hospitalization don't you understand?

What have I not provided a link for, when asked? Any link that I give to a "media" article, or a youtube video, is only to one that in turn provides verifiable links to their sources. What is the problem with that?

And, where are you going to get infection statistics, that are NOT from government sources? It's government departments that are keeping track of that stuff. Here, it's Public Health (for the country, for the province, for the city). In the USA, it's the CDC. In the UK, it's the NHS (National Health Service) and the ONS (Office for National Statistics).

If the numbers from the Ontario government website are "zero facts", then where are you getting your facts?
You post youtube videos of who know who ? Post a link about the varinats from a goverment website . I posted a link to the Ontario data that does not mention the variants . I get my facts here if you bother to look .

No variants mentioned . Look at the case numbers . Look at the resolved numbers . Look at the death numbers by age . You can see who this virus is dangerous to .

Under 20 1473 active -84 688 resolved - 4 deaths this is why my kids are not getting the experimental vaccine .

You post youtube videos of who know who ? Post a link about the varinats from a goverment website . I posted a link to the Ontario data that does not mention the variants . I get my facts here if you bother to look .

No variants mentioned . Look at the case numbers . Look at the resolved numbers . Look at the death numbers by age . You can see who this virus is dangerous to .

Under 20 1473 active -84 688 resolved - 4 deaths this is why my kids are not getting the experimental vaccine .
Curious, as a parent what number eventually constitutes enough risk? I’m asking no one in particular.

Curious, as a parent what number eventually constitutes enough risk? I’m asking no one in particular.
Would be great if the govt gave people a heads up on underlying conditions that contributed to those deaths. Then the ones that are very against the vaccine but have a child with conditions that are dangerous would be more likely to chose to vaccinate their susceptible child. I'm going to guess diabetes was the main one tho.

The 4 deaths were kids with other core morbidities . So if your kid is obese has diabetes or cancer . I would definetly be very concerned . But if your kids are healthy 4 out 86k is not a number of concern . Especially for a vaccine that was only tested on 2366 kids for a short period of time . Long term effects are unknown for kids and adults . If healthy kids were dyeing at a rate of 100 per 100k . I would definetly consider the vaccine if no alternative was available . My mom is mid 70s and in the danger age . She had both her shots . For anyone over 60 I would seriously consider the vaccines . But both from the same company .But no mix and match . This is medication not not socks .

Would be great if the govt gave people a heads up on underlying conditions that contributed to those deaths. Then the ones that are very against the vaccine but have a child with conditions that are dangerous would be more likely to chose to vaccinate their susceptible child. I'm going to guess diabetes was the main one tho.

Just wondering…

Those people who have concerns about how quickly the vaccines were developed. Do you have any issues about possible covid effects showing up in the future?

I had a chat with a friend the other night about me getting dose 1

He went on and on that society is the experiment with the vaccines as they are unproven.

I just responded "that's ok....you are the one getting the placebo in the societal experiment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom