Used Small Truck Thread (Tacoma, Canyon, Colorado) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used Small Truck Thread (Tacoma, Canyon, Colorado)

For a while a lot of trucks sold went stateside since the US dollar provided pretty good value, and they seem ok with a 200k mileage. I dont know if its still that way, but there still seems a shortage of decent 3-5 yr old vehicles.

Used prices are retarded I can buy new for less than a lot of the used prices. When you factor in the rebates etc. I paid 19 for the 12 Silverado new and 26 for the 14 it was up to 34 for the 19. But compared to used it only made sense.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Used prices are retarded I can buy new for less than a lot of the used prices. When you factor in the rebates etc. I paid 19 for the 12 Silverado new and 26 for the 14 it was up to 34 for the 19. But compared to used it only made sense.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

How can I get a deal like that?? I need your connections, Steve!

For a while a lot of trucks sold went stateside since the US dollar provided pretty good value, and they seem ok with a 200k mileage. I dont know if its still that way, but there still seems a shortage of decent 3-5 yr old vehicles.

Export is going as strong if not stronger then ever. The prices are a little bit nuts to be honest. Good for anyone that's bought a truck in the past couple years and looking to trade.

Reddit folks are saying apparently 2000-2006 Sierra/Silverados are pretty solid too. Is that true?

Transmission is definitely a weak spot, keep it cool and full of fresh fluid -- a bigger cooler helps with this. The V8 engines are pretty solid, the 5.3 is preferable. Brake lines are known to be an issue too, check for rusty ones as they like to corrode and then just explode.

ABS had some wonky stuff going on, a lot people just pull the fuse and drive without it. Other than the above (and body rust) they are solid trucks.

Just drove a Colorado with the short bed....I like it and I’d drive one. But the bed was too short. Maybe 4-5ft.

Current Colorado with crew cab (4 full doors)? The bed is gonna be short. Ranger is the same way. Even the 150 / 1500 series trucks have an extra-short bed with the crew cab. Want a longer bed? Need a shorter cab (extended cab). Want both? Heavy-duty (250 / 2500 series)!

The heavy-duty trucks can combine crew cab with full length bed ... but the truck configured that way is reeeeaallly long. https://static5.cargurus.com/images/site/2017/03/14/12/18/pic-3191607544524393246-1600x1200.png

Current Colorado with crew cab (4 full doors)? The bed is gonna be short. Ranger is the same way. Even the 150 / 1500 series trucks have an extra-short bed with the crew cab. Want a longer bed? Need a shorter cab (extended cab). Want both? Heavy-duty (250 / 2500 series)!

The heavy-duty trucks can combine crew cab with full length bed ... but the truck configured that way is reeeeaallly long. https://static5.cargurus.com/images/site/2017/03/14/12/18/pic-3191607544524393246-1600x1200.png
Yes that’s the one. Current Colorado. Interior seems good size but bed is tiny. If I had to choose I’d probably go with shorter cab and longer bed. Just so I can at least throw a few 4x8 hanging out. I know they’d never fit lying down.
Budget for a car is 20k so still unsure what I want but while I work away I don’t need one.
The Colorado looks mini size beside the F350 we drive.

I've been eyeing up the Tacoma for quite some time now. The poor gas milage is holding me back... Hoping for a re-redesign in 2021, they pumped a lot of money into the plant where they're being built so I am expecting some changes. It's the only "truck" I like, not sure what exactly it is about it...

I've been eyeing up the Tacoma for quite some time now. The poor gas milage is holding me back... Hoping for a re-redesign in 2021, they pumped a lot of money into the plant where they're being built so I am expecting some changes. It's the only "truck" I like, not sure what exactly it is about it...

It’s a really nice vehicle. A few of my friends have them and they all love them. I’m a fan of them but don’t personally know anything about their gas consumption. I’d say a great vehicle for average truck stuff but not meant to be a serious hauling vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Friend had the ridgeline before the Tacoma. Great vehicle, again not meant for serious hauling but for the average user it’s awesome. Under bed storage is a really nice feature too

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Friend had the ridgeline before the Tacoma. Great vehicle, again not meant for serious hauling but for the average user it’s awesome. Under bed storage is a really nice feature too

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Unfortunately, many people dismiss the Ridgeline "on paper" as its not a real "truck"

But what they don't realize, is that its actually ALL the truck they really need.

The Ridgeline was designed for the people who need a truck but don't want something that drives like a truck. It drives like a car (or rather, a mid-size SUV, which is what it is, underneath). Better ride comfort, quieter, etc. I know someone who has the current model, and the independent suspension with integral frame allows it to have a lockable trunk under the bed floor - quite a handy feature.

Towing capacity is "good enough for most people". If you are going to be towing something enormous, pick something else. But if you are going to be towing something enormous, you should be looking full-size anyhow, not at any of the compact trucks.

Gas mileage isn't anything to write home about with the Ridgeline. There is only one powertrain choice in the Ridgeline. The latest-generation full-size trucks can match or beat it IF you pick the powertrain carefully.

For the previous Ridgeline, watch out for transmissions. There was a period where Honda V6 engine + automatic transmission = bad news. I know someone else who had a previous Ridgeline as a company vehicle, and the transmission is what did it in. It had about 300k on it, so it did okay - but the transmission is still what finished it off.

Roomy. Comfortable, and for a honda, that's saying something. 5000lb towing capacity....plenty for me. Equipped with all the crap a person may, or may not need. Underbed storage comes in handy. Simple diy oil changes. Runs on 87, unlike an rdx I had with same engine. (Ridgeline is a detuned v6). Gas mileage is ok, it's not a civic. Adequate power. (it's not a Z06).
The one, and only thing that bugs me, is the (lack of) depth in the back. That comes into play once a year when I haul top soil in. I can only fit 1/2 yard of soil in it at a time. (and it rides way better than I woulda thought with a load).
Buy one if you're not hauling on a regular.

Back
Top Bottom