Used Small Truck Thread (Tacoma, Canyon, Colorado) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used Small Truck Thread (Tacoma, Canyon, Colorado)

I'm mostly a truck guy, we always have a car and truck, since my first F100 and C10 trucks the same models have just gotten enormous, the profile of my '76 F150 would completely hide behind my 2018 F150, by a larger margin.
I'd really like a new Ranger, but its the same price as an F150, and there seems to always be a market for an F150

Off topic, but thank you for the awesome tent I bought off of you! That tent went to places, has served me and my friends very well and still keeps serving us.

I am shocked at how much trucks retain their resale value.

How do you folks justify the gas mileage though. Holy moly :|

Lighter foot? Compared to most mid-large SUVs even full-size trucks aren't that far off depending how you drive.

My F150 with the V6 driven 'responsibly' is not much worse than a minivan 10-11 , the C43Benz I drive is about 11. Folks with ecoboost and Hemis have it a bit worse.
One kid lives in Ft Mac so i have an obligation to burn gas.... lol

Resale value is even better when you take into account that new trucks (especially domestics) typically have thousands of dollars of manufacturer incentives to move them. Nobody pays close to MSRP on a new domestic pickup truck.

Not sure who said it earlier, but it makes more sense to buy a brand new discounted truck over a 2-year old used one.

My F150 with the V6 driven 'responsibly' is not much worse than a minivan 10-11 , the C43Benz I drive is about 11. Folks with ecoboost and Hemis have it a bit worse.
One kid lives in Ft Mac so i have an obligation to burn gas.... lol

I thought ecoboost were supposed to be...'eco' friendly good on gas?
I hear they got quite the performance tho?

It is eco OR boost. You get to pick one or the other based on your driving habits. The one you didn't choose is much worse than a V8. As far as I can tell, Ford programmed the truck to stay out of the boost on the EPA test cycle to juice the numbers. Most normal drivers drive much differently and are shocked by the eco numbers on the road.

has frame issue...wonder if it is fixable

or

thoughts?

or

thoughts?
Watch mustie1 youtube vids if you want to see what's involved. Frame evaporates and needs to be rebuilt. Normally create a new box frame around the missing sections. You want to be confident in your welding ability. I cant see it being a cost-effective truck if you are paying for the work.

Watch mustie1 youtube vids if you want to see what's involved. Frame evaporates and needs to be rebuilt. Normally create a new box frame around the missing sections. You want to be confident in your welding ability. I cant see it being a cost-effective truck if you are paying for the work.

I believe toyota just straight up replaces it or does all the repair work for free

that prevalent huh? wow...
That mustie guy has probably bought a half dozen of them for almost nothing, fixes the frames, drives them until they have a terminal engine failure (normally head gasket) and repeat.

Keep in mind the 3.5 makes 475 ft/lb of torque. A comparable V8 would likely use more fuel so if you look at it like that then it is kind of eco friendly. Don’t get me wrong city driving they can use up quite a bit of fuel.

They are a straight up hot rod though. With the 10 speed those trucks are real quick.

Most people should buy either a 2.7 eco or 5.0 V8.

Keep in mind the 3.5 makes 475 ft/lb of torque. A comparable V8 would likely use more fuel so if you look at it like that then it is kind of eco friendly. Don’t get me wrong city driving they can use up quite a bit of fuel.

They are a straight up hot rod though. With the 10 speed those trucks are real quick.

Most people should buy either a 2.7 eco or 5.0 V8.

the 3.5 eco looks tempting :ROFLMAO:

By replacing the frame with a new one. That's a stupid price for a truck with a rusted frame. If the seller is serious, and it's eligible for Toyota replacing the frame, they should get Toyota to do the frame replacement and THEN offer the truck for sale.

If you really want that particular truck, I suppose one approach is to get the VIN and ask at your local Toyota dealer if it's eligible. Bear in mind that a rusted frame means no legit safety inspection certificate, which is why it's sold "as is", which means you would have to get the frame replacement done at the Toyota dealer before you drive away licensed and insured.

If it's not eligible for frame replacement by Toyota, it's going to the crusher ... and the junkyard isn't paying anywhere near the asking price.

It's not clear if Toyota has fixed the frame-rust problem to this date. It's not clear even if the replacement frame will have this issue resolved.

Toyota frame and body vehicles since around 1990 = "run away"

Iv'e got an 05 and asked the dealer if it was under the warranty program, it was but the frame has no issues on mine, after reading the ad, i think this truck has a front suspension frame issue

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom