TV shows currently watching | Page 68 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Anyone watching Game of Thrones? This last season has been kinda meh. Quiet surprised and not surprised, since the author hasn't finished the books. S7 I sensed a bit of a decline to the series, but S8 has confirmed it hasn't been the same as the rest. Well let's see how they wrap it up next week.
I too think it's rushed. But reading the post-episode discussions on Reddit helps a lot. Some of the things I thought were sudden or made no sense at the time, were in fact being built up over the past several seasons, and I failed to fully piece it all together (no thanks to the 2 year gap between the final 2 seasons, a man forgets things!).

Perhaps the books will provide a lot more color, if and when GRRM decides to finish them.

I'm quite enjoying BoJack Horseman right now...and The Grand Tour. Once I catch up with those I'll migrate over to GoT.

I've been saying people will be dissapointed with how GoT ends for awhile now.

There's no foundation without the books and they are doing too much in too little time, these events should have started halfway through last season.

Furthermore, the show was hyped so much season after season. I don't blame the writers, we're now holding them to something they can't be faulted for not achieving.

Watched the last season of "Lucifer" on Netflix and it's as good as the first three seasons on Fox were. It's just 10 episodes, but they wrap things up nicely overall.

Went on a Netflix binge of shows over the last while, some I really liked:

1) Babylon Berlin
2) Trotsky
3) Narcos
4) 1983
Probably a bunch more I can't remember because Netflix makes too many shows and doesn't follow through with more seasons.

Trotsky was actually remarkable in many respects. The actors who play major roles almost look identical to the historical figures they portray - very very good attention to detail. There are some pretty extreme artistic interpretations of key moments in his life, but overall the history is quite accurate in many respects. Don't want to spoil much, but it's a great show.

1983 is a very cool Netflix original based on the premise of an Iron-curtain clad Poland. Basically an interpretation of what could have happened if Poland remained under Communist rule. A little basic at times and gets cringey regarding some of the romantic relationships and protagonists, but it's an interesting story nonetheless.

Not on Netflix but:
If you know Russian, or can find it with subtitles in English - "Interns" is probably one of the funniest series I have ever seen. Could not recommend more. A show revolving around four medical interns at a hospital with a borderline psychopathic boss. Absolute riot of a show.

Also The Grand Tour is always a favorite of mine. Hell, my girlfriend doesn't even care about cars or anything but she appreciates Clarkson's writing and story telling. He's just an indisputably fantastic writer in my opinion.

I too think it's rushed. But reading the post-episode discussions on Reddit helps a lot. Some of the things I thought were sudden or made no sense at the time, were in fact being built up over the past several seasons, and I failed to fully piece it all together (no thanks to the 2 year gap between the final 2 seasons, a man forgets things!).

Perhaps the books will provide a lot more color, if and when GRRM decides to finish them.

SPOILER:

After watching episode 5 last night with the dragon queen going on a tear killing all the innocent people, her own, etc. and becoming evil, that really didn't make ANY sense. Huge disconnect just to add drama for the sense of it. She could have easily killed Censei in the castle and continued her rule. Serious gap in the plot there. Still entertaining to watch, but nowhere near as good as the show was in previous years. Also wish they didn't announce it was the final season, it would have brought surprise to killing off so many lead stars (something GoT did so well from the start with Ned Stark in season 1).

Last edited:
^ spoilers! People who haven't watched it yet would be coming after you with pitch forks.

On the whole, I too felt the same as you did, but reading some of the post-episode discussions on Reddit helped fill in the missing picture (to some extent). It wasn't as sudden as you and I think. It was building up throughtout the last few seasons.

Oops, I added spoiler... good point. I hear you but the transition just seemed way too fast and exaggerated.

There's a petition thats nearly at a million to re write GOT S8 :ROFLMAO:

They really messed up wrapping up one of the biggest shows of all time. It feels like they rushed it. 10-12 episodes would have been much better.

They really messed up wrapping up one of the biggest shows of all time. It feels like they rushed it. 10-12 episodes would have been much better.

Most episodes of the last season were 80 minutes in length - totals about 8-9 episodes at regular length if you average it out.
Radio DJ had a great story arc that fixed everything this morning... it makes so much more sense.
1) Jamie protected Cersei with his body, he dies, completing his heel-hero story arc. Cersei lives. The Imp finds her alive, shares a hard sob, and an arrow sails out of the dark, killing Cersei. After all, Arya has been training with a bow for how long? Finishes her prophecy of killing Brown, Blue and Green Eyes. Arya goes on her own quest, as per HBO show.
2) Jon kills Daenerys. Grey Worm finds Jon holding her, and goes berserk. Big fight between them, when Jon appears to be ready to be killed, Drogon saves him, killing Grey Worm. Jon is last Targaryan, Drogon senses it, and can only assume that Grey worm is the culprit. Daenerys' body removed as per show.
3) Jon is raised to king, but refuses it, instead choosing to go to Castle Black. Sansa is raised to Queen of the 7 Kingdoms. The capitol is moved to Winterfell, as King's landing is destroyed. Tyrion becomes Hand of the Queen.

That's a far superior ending... and it's coming from a radio DJ (Chris Biggs @ 97.7 HTZfm).

Maybe the script writers mailed it in as they were already signed to write the new Star Wars movies.

Another theory is that Jon is actually the Azor Ahai that was prophesied. He killed the one he most loved, raised a dragon from stone (Drogon rose up, covered in ashes and stone remnants) and saved everyone from a darkness -- Daenerys' madness and desire to crush the world into submission.

Most episodes of the last season were 80 minutes in length - totals about 8-9 episodes at regular length if you average it out.
Radio DJ had a great story arc that fixed everything this morning... it makes so much more sense.
1) Jamie protected Cersei with his body, he dies, completing his heel-hero story arc. Cersei lives. The Imp finds her alive, shares a hard sob, and an arrow sails out of the dark, killing Cersei. After all, Arya has been training with a bow for how long? Finishes her prophecy of killing Brown, Blue and Green Eyes. Arya goes on her own quest, as per HBO show.
2) Jon kills Daenerys. Grey Worm finds Jon holding her, and goes berserk. Big fight between them, when Jon appears to be ready to be killed, Drogon saves him, killing Grey Worm. Jon is last Targaryan, Drogon senses it, and can only assume that Grey worm is the culprit. Daenerys' body removed as per show.
3) Jon is raised to king, but refuses it, instead choosing to go to Castle Black. Sansa is raised to Queen of the 7 Kingdoms. The capitol is moved to Winterfell, as King's landing is destroyed. Tyrion becomes Hand of the Queen.

That's a far superior ending... and it's coming from a radio DJ (Chris Biggs @ 97.7 HTZfm).

Maybe the script writers mailed it in as they were already signed to write the new Star Wars movies.

Another theory is that Jon is actually the Azor Ahai that was prophesied. He killed the one he most loved, raised a dragon from stone (Drogon rose up, covered in ashes and stone remnants) and saved everyone from a darkness -- Daenerys' madness and desire to crush the world into submission.

Now that would have been a better ending to the series. Instead of what we got.

Starsky and Hutch
Sanford and Son
Bewitched
Star Trek (TOS)
...whatever else we can PVR from the retro channels.

60s and 70s kitschy schlock beats pretty much anything on the tube nowadays.

Agree that Chernobyl seems good so far. Finished Episode 3.

GoT final season was terrible. They basically got rid of everything that made it a special show (unpredictability, complex plots, solid character development, etc.) and replaced it with pretty predictable events, flat characters (Jon reduced to just saying "i dun wont et" and "yur mah queen" on repeat), and a complete nonsense plot. Apparently some form of the ending is what GRRM told them it would end like, but there are obviously a lot of missing pieces that may have made it make sense.

Surprised people didn't like Westworld S2; it started a bit slow, but found it to be pretty good overall. Didn't find it substantially worse than S1.

Watching Leaving Neverland currently. Netflix wasn't working for me last night -_-

Back
Top Bottom