TV shows currently watching | Page 216 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Is anyone watching "Law and Order Toronto: Criminal Intent"? It's the same formula as the original, for the most part, but no court scenes in at least the first 5 episodes. The include recognizable places like Filmore's, OCAD, and Toronto City Hall. They include a dead crypto millionaire and a crack smoking mayor, just to add local spice. Not bad, overall.

Wife wanted to watch it. I had a hard time with it. It was TOO much like the original, which I gave up on ages ago. I know it's fiction, but a detective (or anyone) that's an expert at literally everything is just too much. At least pull out your phone once in a while and do some googling or ChatGPT'ing.

That said, it's nice to see Toronto as the backdrop, but for this genre, "Private Eyes" is much better.

Wife wanted to watch it. I had a hard time with it. It was TOO much like the original, which I gave up on ages ago. I know it's fiction, but a detective (or anyone) that's an expert at literally everything is just too much. At least pull out your phone once in a while and do some googling or ChatGPT'ing.

That said, it's nice to see Toronto as the backdrop, but for this genre, "Private Eyes" is much better.
The female detective does get to know something that Mr. Northern Hick Accent doesn't, in something like episode 4 ;)

Oh yeah, don't get me started on his "Canadian" accent.
I've made it plain to my American friends, some of whom seemed to think that it "very genuine." It's also not his real accent as you can easily tell, if you see the same actor in literally anything. It's a choice. A strange one.

For all Mankind is great. Started watching it last week.

For easy streaming:
Buy firestick, install Plex
Install Plex Media Server on your laptop
Download Qbittorent

3 Body Problem ....real world murder
A decade on, Lin would have been a step closer to achieving his dream when a Netflix adaptation of the Hugo Award-winning book drew millions of viewers worldwide – but the billionaire who helped make the show happen never lived to see it.

Lin, who was named as an executive producer in the opening credits of “3 Body Problem,” was poisoned and killed at age 39, according to Chinese authorities, months after Netflix announced its plans to produce the series in 2020.

The culprit was one of Lin’s own executives, a high-flying lawyer who helped Lin’s Yoozoo Games secure the rights to adapt the highly acclaimed trilogy.

After falling out with his boss, Xu Yao gifted Lin a bottle of what he said were probiotic pills, but which contained a cocktail of lethal toxins he bought off the dark web.
more

For all Mankind is great. Started watching it last week.

For easy streaming:
Buy firestick, install Plex
Install Plex Media Server on your laptop
Download Qbittorent
Taking it a step further, I'd recommend usenet for superior downloading (safety, speed, reliability, ease of use), and using automated tools like radarr and sonarr to automatically download your movies and shows at specified qualities. It's always running and adds it to Plex for you.

We basically have our own netflix, and new episodes/movies are added as soon as they're available.

As for hardware, I can't recommend anything but Nvidia Shield if you're serious. It supports dolby vision, hdr, hdr 10, and AI upscaling (it's actually good). A little pricey, but worth it imo.

Taking it a step further, I'd recommend usenet for superior downloading (safety, speed, reliability, ease of use), and using automated tools like radarr and sonarr to automatically download your movies and shows at specified qualities. It's always running and adds it to Plex for you.

We basically have our own netflix, and new episodes/movies are added as soon as they're available.

As for hardware, I can't recommend anything but Nvidia Shield if you're serious. It supports dolby vision, hdr, hdr 10, and AI upscaling (it's actually good). A little pricey, but worth it imo.
This guy sails the seas👍

Masters of the Air on Apple. Wow!

Yeah I'm totally engaged...forgotten how good B&W can be.

THAT was just brilliant. (y) (y)

Realized I had not seen the movie - what a cast. 🍿

Netflix version superior IMNSHO...despite the sterling cast for the movie...there was not time to tell the story.

Last edited:
Picked Travellers again this time I had not seen the new episodes. (y)
Interesting they have a nasty pandemic in Season 3....couple years ahead of the 2018 Season 3 release.

Last edited:
Ugh - not the proudest time for the US

Damn I remember 13 days only too well :eek: So far very informative.

Disappointed this did not get covered.
Vasili Arkhipov
At a time when the probability of nuclear war is as nearly as high as it was during the Cuban Missile Crisis, it is crucial that we recall the story of Vasili Arkhipov, a Soviet submarine officer who prevented a Soviet nuclear strike against U.S. surface warships during that very crisis in 1962.

Last edited:
Star Trek - Discovery Season 4 currently on CTV Sci-Fi channel.

If you liked Star Trek Picard then you'll like this because they are both terrible!! Picard more terrible than Discovery.
They did introduce a new character on Discovery and its hopeful he will drag it out of boredom!!

Now we wait for Star Trek - Strange New Worlds to return.. much better.

Finished up Ted Lasso on AppleTV a few days ago...wow. Just wow. Really enjoyed the entire series and hope there's more to come, but I felt they left it on a good ending.

Highly recommend.

Now, more recently:
- saw that Archer has a new episode so finished that yesterday
- Invincible has a few extra episodes on Prime
- Finished 'Masters of the Air' and really like that also - thanks @MacDoc for that recommendation. Loved the story and series, but the 2 main characters just didn't do it for me. The other characters were fantastic.

Finished up Ted Lasso on AppleTV a few days ago...wow. Just wow. Really enjoyed the entire series and hope there's more to come, but I felt they left it on a good ending.

Highly recommend.

Now, more recently:
- saw that Archer has a new episode so finished that yesterday
- Invincible has a few extra episodes on Prime
- Finished 'Masters of the Air' and really like that also - thanks @MacDoc for that recommendation. Loved the story and series, but the 2 main characters just didn't do it for me. The other characters were fantastic.
The episode of "Archer" is an hour or so long and plays like a series finale.
That's the end of "Invincible" season 2. It's already green-lit for a 3rd season.

Back
Top Bottom