TV shows currently watching | Page 135 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

We got hooked on
despite it being a poor cousin to The Expanse which is simply the best scifi series ever.

Hold on, the Expanse is better than Dark Matter??? Now I must watch! I loved DM up until they cancelled it and left us hanging, which is why I'm so torn about recommending it. I'm still hoping it will be picked up again by one of the streaming sites or even a crowdfunded movie like Veronica Mars did, but the actors were pretty young, so every passing year makes it less likely they'll be able to continue exactly where they left off.

Hate to tell you the Easter Bunny isn't real, but this is from Wikipedia: "Airplane Repo is an American documentary-style fiction show".

Pretty much every 'reality' show on American TV (especially channels like TLC, HGTV, Discovery, etc.) is staged and directed by the producers.
Can't say I'm surprised, the last couple episodes were just too unbelievable, but the next time I wanna be delusional I ain't inviting you over to my place. :)

Just watched "Only Murders in our Building" on Disney

Steve Martin
Martin Short
Selena Gomez

Funny and entertaining
We really enjoyed this one. My wife is the stereotypical true crime podcast addict, so lots of the jokes felt personal to her (in a good way). It took a bit to get into the rhythm of the show, as the subject matter (murder) and the tone (slightly wacky and whimsical) don't naturally fit in the same way it does for an arch mystery in the Agatha Christie style. But once you get a feel for the stakes, it's great. Steve Martin is always good, Martin Short has a character that lets him do his mugging in a way that doesn't become too much, and Selena Gomez was the biggest surprise, as she more than holds her own with the dryest possible delivery.

Hold on, the Expanse is better than Dark Matter??? Now I must watch! I loved DM up until they cancelled it and left us hanging, which is why I'm so torn about recommending it. I'm still hoping it will be picked up again by one of the streaming sites or even a crowdfunded movie like Veronica Mars did, but the actors were pretty young, so every passing year makes it less likely they'll be able to continue exactly where they left off.
"The Expanse" is markedly better but is also so different, that it might as well be a different genre. "Dark Matter" struck me as almost an '80s style SciFi adventure. It was just missing the every-5-minutes one liners. The Expanse is dramatic and closer to hard science fiction. Gravity and acceleration work like gravity and acceleration. Weaponry still largely consists of throwing high tech rocks at people. The drive systems are more advanced/efficient than we can currently imagine and they throw in some *other* stuff, but it's more realistic.

It's a damned shame that while "Killjoys" got 5 seasons, "Dark Matter" was cut after 3.

Been watching Peacemaker.... cheezy as hell but still a fun watch. Cena kind of has the Bautista personality is guardians of the galaxy, takes things very literal and says som inappropriate stuff at random times lol.
FREEDOM!!!!! (whilst bumping uglies).

Just binged Hawkeye… I found it pretty enjoyable and the character development of the supporting cast was well done.
Hopefully (but unlikely) it will lead to a Hawkeye/Daredevil team up in the future….

I know im late to the party but also watching the expanse now
I stopped in season 3 i think. Need to rewatch and finish it.

Finally getting away from my Death in Paradise kick, been a good show but they changed some characters and it's not quite the same vibe. Also recycling some of the cases, and most cases being solved on what appears to be circumstantial evidence. Yeah the show is not probably meant to be highly investigative.

Moved onto this

If you like weird, off the wall, awkward humor check it out. Some of it doesn't work but other times they are gems!

We found I Think You Should Leave recently after it made someone's top 10 for 2021 list, and it's hilarious but totally bonkers and surreal. Episodes are short, too, which is good as it works best in quick doses.

We just finished watching The Responder on BBC, a very dark show starring Martin Freeman as a beat cop working nights in the worst bits of Liverpool. His performance as someone struggling to hold it together while simultaneously battling PTSD from past experiences while also dealing with very present issues is nothing short of incredible. It's written by a guy who spent ten years doing the same job, and there's moments that feel more documentary than drama. Definitely a departure for an actor best known for lighter roles in The Office, Hitchhiker's Guide, Sherlock and The Hobbit, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get some kind of award recognition...

Due to my love of the red football team in Liverpool, I know some Scousers online, and they mostly seem happy with the show (and Freeman's impressively solid Scouse accent), though it does play a bit into the southern Tory stereotype of the city as a grubby sh*thole full of thieves and junkies.

Either way, well worth checking out whenever it shows up here, whatever streaming platform gets the rights. It's only five one-hour episodes, so not a huge commitment.

All of Us Are Dead on Netflix - love it as a long time zombie genre fun. Koreans are on the roll with all new content! This one has 12 episodes 1hr long each…

+1 for “Archive 81” that someone mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom