TV shows currently watching | Page 123 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

True Detectives I is really brilliant! Seasons 2 and 3 are not too bad but it’s hard to replicate the first one..
Agreed. S1was amazing, S2 horrible, S3 good.

S2 of Locke and Key is ok. Not as good as S1 so far (3 episodes in) but still good.

I couldn't get into it at all. Too much melodrama

2nd season of See has been good though.
the first few episodes i rolled my eyes a few times but it seems to have improved near the end of s1.

I'm not sure if I should be admitting this, but I found Teenage Bounty Hunters on Netflix hilarious.

Recently watched "Limetown" starring Jessica Biel. It's an odd combination of police procedural, mystery, and SciFi set in modern day America. I almost walked away from it at episode 7 (if you watch it, you'll know why), but kept going. Not bad overall.

Recently watched "Limetown" starring Jessica Biel. It's an odd combination of police procedural, mystery, and SciFi set in modern day America. I almost walked away from it at episode 7 (if you watch it, you'll know why), but kept going. Not bad overall.

Sounds a bit like Fringe.

S2 of Locke and Key is ok. Not as good as S1 so far (3 episodes in) but still good.

Interesting. I liked "Locke and Key S1" and season 2 is in the queue right now, will see.

I recently uncovered another international hidden gem - "Black Spot" on Netflix. It's in French, but even with dubs it was very good.

Had me at Jessic Biel. (y)

Squid Game was aight. Lead actor guy was good. The premise is kind of tired though, and the final twist was telegraphed way early on. Still enjoyable.

7.25 Matt Rains out of a possible 10

We really enjoyed Squid Game, maybe because we hit it in the sweet spot where backlash to the hype lowered expectations enough to not expect it to change our lives. Sure, some moments were a bit predictable, but to me, that's not really what the show was about. They still managed to tell a great story with lots of subtext around the dehumanising elements of capitalism, debt and the myth of 'fairness', along with lots of interesting characters. Apparently both the dub and subtitles are very badly done, eliminating a lot of subtlety that comes through in Korean, but it still kept us interested until the end. Sounds like a second series is possible, though I'm not sure it would be as compelling with the prime mystery explained.

Jumped on the Squid Game choo choo train and enjoying it so far. 3 episodes left so hoping it doesn’t disappoint. Much prefer the subtitles over the dubbing.

Jumped on the Squid Game choo choo train and enjoying it so far. 3 episodes left so hoping it doesn’t disappoint. Much prefer the subtitles over the dubbing.
You’re welcome 🤣

1/2 way through 'only murders in the building' with Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez and others, got some chuckles.

1/2 way through 'only murders in the building' with Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez and others, got some chuckles.

I'm a bit further. It's ok, but takes an effort to stay interested because the plot moves so so so so slowly, and the dialogue isn't as smart as they think it is.

Finished squid game and quite enjoyed it... and starting Locke and Key s2... it's okay so far but meh

Started a re-watch of the "Dead Zone" TV series and didn't realize that it ran for 6 seasons. When you realize that a few current conspiracy theories were lifted from that show... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom