TV shows currently watching | Page 112 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Started in on "this is a robbery" the tale of a $200 million art heist in Boston in 1990, but by the third episode it got sleepy dull.

Started watching line of duty...the brits really do like to soapify every fuckin thing dont they?

it seems decent otherwise, will continue watching more on faith
It's become a legit phenomenon in the UK. My Twitter feed is overwhelmed on Sunday night with UK folks losing their minds about the show.

My wife and I watch Gogglebox on Channel 4 (via a region unlocker), and that's how we keep up with it. Definitely seems to be heavy on the plot twists and cliffhangers, but well written. It survives intense internet plot scrutiny without giving the game away, which not all shows can manage.

Speaking of British TV, one show that's hilarious is Taskmaster, which is now almost entirely on YouTube. It's a comedy show where five comedians and actors per series are given silly tasks to complete (tasks like paint a horse while riding a horse, impress the Mayor of Chesham, or fill an egg cup with your own tears only begins to describe the madness). It's scored in an unpredictable way by Greg Davies (the titular Taskmaster) and one of the five is crowned series champion at the conclusion.

As we watch a lot of UK TV, the comedians are mostly familiar to us from other shows, so I'm not sure if losing that knowledge makes the show less funny. Still, there's something endlessly entertaining about placing funny and creative people in front of a random task and watching them attack it. Sometimes it's genius, sometimes it's total disaster, but either way it's really funny...

Started watching line of duty...the brits really do like to soapify every fuckin thing dont they?

it seems decent otherwise, will continue watching more on faith
it gets better

It's become a legit phenomenon in the UK. My Twitter feed is overwhelmed on Sunday night with UK folks losing their minds about the show.

My wife and I watch Gogglebox on Channel 4 (via a region unlocker), and that's how we keep up with it. Definitely seems to be heavy on the plot twists and cliffhangers, but well written. It survives intense internet plot scrutiny without giving the game away, which not all shows can manage.

Speaking of British TV, one show that's hilarious is Taskmaster, which is now almost entirely on YouTube. It's a comedy show where five comedians and actors per series are given silly tasks to complete (tasks like paint a horse while riding a horse, impress the Mayor of Chesham, or fill an egg cup with your own tears only begins to describe the madness). It's scored in an unpredictable way by Greg Davies (the titular Taskmaster) and one of the five is crowned series champion at the conclusion.

As we watch a lot of UK TV, the comedians are mostly familiar to us from other shows, so I'm not sure if losing that knowledge makes the show less funny. Still, there's something endlessly entertaining about placing funny and creative people in front of a random task and watching them attack it. Sometimes it's genius, sometimes it's total disaster, but either way it's really funny...

Greg Davies is a national treasure. He used to be a school teacher, he has some hilarious anecdotes from that time.

Selena
PG rating
series on netflix
great for the entire family
love listening to the Spanish music
my toes are tapping!

Greg Davies is a national treasure. He used to be a school teacher, he has some hilarious anecdotes from that time.
Couldn't agree more. He brings that school teacher vibe to Taskmaster, treating the contestants like unruly kids.

We've just started watching his sitcom, Man Down, as Mike Wozniak and Roisin Conaty are both in it with him. Wozniak is the funniest contestant on the current series of Taskmaster, and Conaty was great on the first series. We haven't watched Cuckoo, but I hear Davies is good in that as well...

Couldn't agree more. He brings that school teacher vibe to Taskmaster, treating the contestants like unruly kids.

We've just started watching his sitcom, Man Down, as Mike Wozniak and Roisin Conaty are both in it with him. Wozniak is the funniest contestant on the current series of Taskmaster, and Conaty was great on the first series. We haven't watched Cuckoo, but I hear Davies is good in that as well...

Cuckoo is well worth a watch. We started with that and then just went out and binged anything he was in including comedy specials.

Looking forward to bad batch and new Loki series
Disney on a roll

Been watching Manifest. Considering how far fetched the premise is it's not too bad.

Finally found Mr Mercedes on Prime. Loved the novel trilogy and so far am liking the series. Brendan Gleeson as Bill Hodges was well cast.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

watching more line of duty, its a good show, but comparing it to the wire is sacrilege and like comparing a versys to an s1000xr

the wire is easily the GOAT show...and the more I learn about the more I like it...for instance everything in the show was based off real characters...no fiction

The guy who played the preacher? Was the real life avon barksdale

The big muslim dude in the later seasons was the real life Omar

etc etc etc

Also getting a feeling the brits like soap opras and dramas...and british police are soft AF

watching more line of duty, its a good show, but comparing it to the wire is sacrilege and like comparing a versys to an s1000xr

the wire is easily the GOAT show...and the more I learn about the more I like it...for instance everything in the show was based off real characters...no fiction

etc etc etc

Also getting a feeling the brits like soap opras and dramas...and british police are soft AF
The storyline is up there IMO. That’s all I’ll stand behind. Individual acting, cinematography, casting, etc are all another story.

UK policing is definitely different. Less about spending half their budget arming themselves to the teeth like a full-on military, for a start...

As for what Brits like, it's as diverse as here, if not more so. Channel 5 is full of gratuitous and exploitative nonsense like Celebs on the Farm and Pussies Galore: Love Me, Love My Cats, while on the other end there's super-highbrow shows like Only Connect, a quiz show so difficult that most people would be happy if they got one question right in an episode.

Personally, I like that there's shows like QI that don't treat the audience like a bunch of idiots and assumes a basic level of knowledge, while still being entertaining and funny. That stuff basically doesn't exist on North American TV. Dramas are pretty universal these days, with the various streaming services' hunger for content making sure anything half-decent gets picked up here...

etc etc etc

I will fight you over this lol.

I still can’t get into The Wire. Line of Duty is a bit more subtle, very well written and as an expat I get the humour in it and the accents don’t bother me.

I will fight you over this lol.

I still can’t get into The Wire. Line of Duty is a bit more subtle, very well written and as an expat I get the humour in it and the accents don’t bother me.
its also not really believable, guy decides to beat up a female cop in a parking lot with 6 witnesses and nothing happens?

and even the dumbest criminal knows not to kill cops.
These idiots are actively plotting to kidnap/kill cops

cops running around like hapless cucks, give me a break

its also not really believable, guy decides to beat up a female cop in a parking lot with 6 witnesses and nothing happens?

and even the dumbest criminal knows not to kill cops.
These idiots are actively plotting to kidnap/kill cops

It's other bent cops in league with organized crime that are plotting to kill other cops that might expose them. That’s the whole point of the series!

The wire is also all encompassing, it covers EVERYTHING, from crime, to policing, to the school system, journalism, politics, corruption ,working class struggles, manufacturing and job outsourcing etc etc etc

it covers the entire city of baltimore, and urban life in general

each season is a different show onto itself basically

Back
Top Bottom