turn2 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

turn2

Ah man...I'm really sad to hear this news about Turn2. :(

If rumors are true, Steve n Karen will be running the show next year with a different name. Same school idea....For those of you who really enjoy the T2 atmosphere all hope is not lost : ) Thanks to all the T2 staff, CMP staff and marshalls for a great summer at a phenominal track!!!

It is so nice to read all of the nice things that people have said about George and Turn 2; I can assure you that he appreciates it! I will show this thread to him after.

Losing a dream is hard, no matter how/why you lose it. Just about everyone involved in Turn 2 over the years worked hard to achieve the goal that was always George's first priority; to teach riders how to ride safely and better. For those of you who don't already know, Turn 2 started out as a bike rental company, renting a few old bikes out at track days. George hated seeing people crash... not because of the damage to the bikes, but because he actually cares about his customers. So he began to offer some instruction along with the rental. Over the years Turn 2 grew, and he tried his best to keep up with the changing economy, the competition, and the demands of the students... At the end of the day, I can honestly tell you all that George gave Turn 2 110%... and not because he had money signs in his vision, but because he loved what he did. Anyone who has seen him tear up at the rider's meeting can vouch for that.

Someone said earlier that it is passion that fuels this industry, and Turn 2 is proof of that. There are many speculations as to why things have ended up this way, and none of them are nice to think about. Everyone is ****** off or pointing the finger, or planning to start the next school. I have heard so many different rumours over the past few months about who was planning to buy Turn 2 or the bikes etc etc... In fact, there were even rumours going around about what George was planning to do next, and there still are! Believe what you want.

If Karen and Steve ARE planning to start another Turn 2-esque company next year, then kudos to them. They practically ran things this summer once you-know-who did you-know-what, and are obviously more than capable. Plus there is an awesome, proven template to follow... and many of the hard lessons have already been learned... Why wouldn't someone want to try and re-create that magic?

No matter what happens from here though, I honestly feel like the motorcycle industry has lost something great. It breaks my heart to think that George couldn't be a part of the very thing that he created. Sitting on our front step in Calabogie on Turn 2 days, hearing the bikes go out for their first session, and not being there, not seeing the smiles on student's faces after their first session... not an easy thing for the person who started it all. He, Turn 2 and it's staff helped many, many riders.

All of you should know that he wanted to be there this summer.

I hope that anyone who was planning on taking a course with Turn 2 next year will seek out another school; the minute we think we know it all is when life bites us in the @ss.

If it doesn"t have George,,,it isn"t Turn 2!:mad:

........ I'm under the impression it hasn't been the original (the one and only......) "Turn2" for quite some time, I had talked to George at or near the beginning of his idea ........ a very good idea at that (but always a tad to ambitious ........ TO MANY BIKES man) there was great potential in what he was doing ........ I can't really speak first hand on what the last "no George present" Turn2 was all about (but I guess its current state speaks for itself.....). BG

I was there.
I watched it all begin from nothing.
Me and George thought up the first colors of his bikes.
I sprayed the paint on the first few bikes and watched him go...
I saw him dream, and it wasnt the $ signs in his eyes, George isnt that kinda guy.

Live and learn in business I suppose.

George, I love ya man, I wish it went a different way but hey, theres always tommorrow.

........ I'm under the impression it hasn't been the original (the one and only......) "Turn2" for quite some time, I had talked to George at or near the beginning of his idea ........ a very good idea at that (but always a tad to ambitious ........ TO MANY BIKES man) there was great potential in what he was doing ........ I can't really speak first hand on what the last "no George present" Turn2 was all about (but I guess its current state speaks for itself.....). BG

Starsky and Hutch knew better!

If it doesn"t have George,,,it isn"t Turn 2!:mad:

LOL!! No worries Bic.....Steve & I do not have ANY plans of taking over Turn 2...or a "Turn 2-esque" company or any school of any sort :) It kind of fell on our laps last year as "you-know-who" walked away..halfway through the season...and left everyone hanging...including all the staff.

any school of any sort :)

I have some ideas for a school you and Steve could make good money at... all is needed is a decent camera and website :lmao:

(well he wouldn't draw many students... but you would)

(joke joke joke, except the undertones of Steve being one fugly SOB!)

I have some ideas for a school you and Steve could make good money at... all is needed is a decent camera and website :lmao:

(well he wouldn't draw many students... but you would)

(joke joke joke, except the undertones of Steve being one fugly SOB!)

Steve is much prettier than you!

LOL!! No worries Bic.....Steve & I do not have ANY plans of taking over Turn 2...or a "Turn 2-esque" company or any school of any sort :) It kind of fell on our laps last year as "you-know-who" walked away..halfway through the season...and left everyone hanging...including all the staff.
You guys did a great job picking up the pieces after someone. Maybe next year you can just do some riding. That's a concept,,just you and Steve riding,,,

If it wasn't for Steve, Karen and the rest of the staff who share a passion for the sport, Turn2 and mostly the clients ... Turn2 would not have completed the season.

You guys did a GREAT job! You should both be proud... Turn 2 survived the season because oF you guys and your passion! It is not an easy job, and you pulled it of really well :)

So sad to hear about Turn2:sad8: It was my favorite school! The turn2 ARCs improved my riding a lot!

Back
Top Bottom