turn2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

turn2

xfactor

Site Supporter
Anyone know what's going on with Turn2? Website is down and phone is going to 'client not available'.
thx

15zqhoi.gif

Third hand info, and likely rumour. Heard they weren't doing to well and they are selling the business.

15zqhoi.gif

Third hand info, and likely rumour. Heard they weren't doing to well and they are selling the business.

Not for a lack of customers. I enjoyed my time with them and I plan on going back if they're still around next season.

Well they did just finish up the season last weekend. It's possible they have the site down for reconstruction and the owners are on vacay.

If you didn't learn anything at FAST, you weren't paying attention.

I was thinking exactly the same thing... either that or Amazon has nothing more to learn.

Hopefully the rumours about Turn2 are false.

If you didn't learn anything at FAST, you weren't paying attention.

... or asking questions.

Turn2's domain registration doesn't run out until April, of next year, and the wayback machine shows that the site was down for maintenance, on August 29.

I was thinking exactly the same thing... either that or Amazon has nothing more to learn.

Hopefully the rumours about Turn2 are false.

Well let me just say this, don't take the women only group, even if it's all that's available. You go stupid slow, and most of the questions pertained to how to brake. I already know how to do basic braking and that's all they were covering, and I'm used to riding a ton of twisties. Almost all the other women were super slow and couldn't follow the line if they tried. I even lapped some in the short session. That and my sessions were only about 8 minutes, not the 10 that I paid for.

Last edited:
Amazon - you complain about female riders - a lot. I really hope you are the female incarnation of Rossi when we next see you out.

You seem to have total disrespect for riding with women - that's ok, you are allowed to have your opinion. But for the life of me I cannot understand why you THEN would sign up for an all female day.

Turn 2 and FAST are both amazing schools to take. My best advice for any of them is take all of what you can get from the instructors and feedback to them. They can't read your mind but they also can't cater individually to EVERYONES comfort level. If they were going too slow maybe fall back and work on lines or body position.

Well let me just say this, don't take the women only group, even if it's all that's available. You go stupid slow, and most of the questions pertained to how to break. I already know how to do basic breaking and that's all they were covering, and I'm used to riding a ton of twisties. Almost all the other women were super slow and couldn't follow the line if they tried. I even lapped some in the short session. That and my sessions were only about 8 minutes, not the 10 that I paid for.

Hmm... that doesn't sound good. Did you say something? Try the Racer5 course. I'm sure Angela won't be too slow for you.

For what it's worth, the administration at Turn2 told me they will be operating next season.

Well let me just say this, don't take the women only group, even if it's all that's available. You go stupid slow, and most of the questions pertained to how to break. I already know how to do basic breaking and that's all they were covering, and I'm used to riding a ton of twisties. Almost all the other women were super slow and couldn't follow the line if they tried. I even lapped some in the short session. That and my sessions were only about 8 minutes, not the 10 that I paid for.

Brake is the correct term. Please learn the difference, you might become a better rider for it.

Brake is the correct term. Please learn the difference, you might become a better rider for it.
Crap, this is why I take math and not English.

Amazon - you complain about female riders - a lot. I really hope you are the female incarnation of Rossi when we next see you out.

You seem to have total disrespect for riding with women - that's ok, you are allowed to have your opinion. But for the life of me I cannot understand why you THEN would sign up for an all female day.

Turn 2 and FAST are both amazing schools to take. My best advice for any of them is take all of what you can get from the instructors and feedback to them. They can't read your mind but they also can't cater individually to EVERYONES comfort level. If they were going too slow maybe fall back and work on lines or body position.

I'm not saying I'm pro, and I don't hate female riders, I do ride with them, I just find that I prefer male riders. I signed up for the all female one, because it was all that was available at the time. They also didn't give me any feed back, I asked them to critique me hard and be brutally honest because I wanted to improve, all they said was you're doing good, keep at it.

Keep up that attitude and I'm sure you'll find tons of new female rider friends knocking at your door.

All that was available? You need better planning then.

Keep up that attitude and I'm sure you'll find tons of new female rider friends knocking at your door.

All that was available? You need better planning then.

Off topic, come to Bogie on Monday and Tuesday? Although, I'm not too sure I want to ride with women since they are slow! :lmao:Kidding kidding.

Amazon, next time try to let them know that you need a faster paced group, they might move you to a different group. I did my first track day at Turn2 this past weekend, and we were going a slower pace, so I asked to be moved, and my new group was much faster :)

As many a person has found out :lol:

3 friends of mine took the intro course this season (first time on track for all of them) and they loved it. Of course none of them had complaints about the pace as Angela was more than willing to pick it up throughout the day. She even got out on her two smoker later in the day (not in the school group).

Back
Top Bottom