Tree Removal Scaraborough - need recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tree Removal Scaraborough - need recommendation

sburns

Anyone know anybody reasonable and capable.

From that windstorm last week a tree in the back ravine crashed back into my backyard and took out 2 other trees with it. But 1 of the trees tangled with my neighbours tree and is now stuck. I was thinking to do it but it's a bit of a hazard, and needs more hands and tools for this.

Let me know thanks!

Call the insurance company.
Nothing is damaged, just trees on top of trees (which I don't care about or need to replace). Plus I don't want to give them any excuses to ding me. Every time I call to renew my home insurance they always bring up the fact I called them one time when I was considering making a claim and I didn't!

Is this tree on city property?
It was, now part of it is in my backyard. I'm pretty sure they will just say it's on your properly now it's your problem.

It was, now part of it is in my backyard. I'm pretty sure they will just say it's on your properly now it's your problem.
Not sure if applicable, but here in Durham, I'm fortunate to back onto conservation lands. A neighbour's fence got smoked by a tree past our fence line - the town took care of clean-up/fixing the fence.

send me a message and I can try to help you make an informed decision.

Not sure if applicable, but here in Durham, I'm fortunate to back onto conservation lands. A neighbour's fence got smoked by a tree past our fence line - the town took care of clean-up/fixing the fence.
Really? Interesting, I could give the city a call just to see way they say. Though I hate calling Toronto 411, you get some bad customer service operators.

Start with writing your counsellor. Tell them about your issue and send photos. Ask them to help direct you to the appropriate person to deal with this. The counsellor is an elected position so they have a dog in the fight.

Where I am the city of Markham determines tree responsibility by where the trunk hits the ground. If it’s on the property line, the city will take ownership.

They also will handle trees on the part of my land that is in conservation protection.

If the Ravine is part of your property like it is in my case, you are responsible for the cleanup, I had to apply for permits to remove dead trees as the ravines are the responsibility of City Forestry and the Metro Conservation Authority.

If the Ravine is part of your property like it is in my case, you are responsible for the cleanup, I had to apply for permits to remove dead trees as the ravines are the responsibility of City Forestry and the Metro Conservation Authority.
Huh? Not sure what you mean. The ravine is not mine, or on my property. I have a backyard which ends at the ravine, then slopes downward, like a foot or two past the back fence.
I did some rough estimates of the tree and where it was. It's about 50 ft tall, and it was about 15-20 ft from my property. Stupid tree it didn't fall down into the ravine but up the slope into my backyard. :(

Get the contractors that the city uses - they work 3.5 and bill for 8...

Get the contractors that the city uses - they work 3.5 and bill for 8...
I dunno if that is good for me or bad :ROFLMAO: Will they just charge me 8 as well since that is what they are use to.

I've actually called a few places and not 1 has returned the call.

I dunno if that is good for me or bad :ROFLMAO: Will they just charge me 8 as well since that is what they are use to.

I've actually called a few places and not 1 has returned the call.
The inlaws have a preferred arborist in Scarberia. I will talk to them this weekend and see if I can get info. Hopefully the city is responsible as it gets expensive very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom