Tree Removal Scaraborough - need recommendation | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tree Removal Scaraborough - need recommendation

The inlaws have a preferred arborist in Scarberia. I will talk to them this weekend and see if I can get info. Hopefully the city is responsible as it gets expensive very quickly.
Yes I know, years ago one of those "arborists" quoted me on a job, it musta been 3x more then anyone else. Was all touchy feely about the trees etc.. I just want it cut for f - sakes... In the end I found a retired maintenance worker from TDSB. ?‍♂️

It's their tree on their property that's now partly on your property. It's their responsibility to clean up the mess.

It's their tree on their property that's now partly on your property. It's their responsibility to clean up the mess.
It's a tree from the ravine now on my property. (my backyard is back to a ravine). I'm hoping the city will just take care of it, still trying to find out.

I have used these guys to remove a tree from my property , will recommend them:

In my experience, if you are calling someone for quote make sure you send a picture or video of the full tree . One guy who quoted me the cheapest showed up with a 4x4 and turned away at the size of the tree - saying he couldnt do it.

The inlaws have a preferred arborist in Scarberia. I will talk to them this weekend and see if I can get info. Hopefully the city is responsible as it gets expensive very quickly.
The next door neighbour just had a very tall rotting sugar maple taken down for $3500 IIRC. It was in his back yard with lots of obstructions. He now has lots of firewood. A friend in Port Credit had to bring in a crane for his because his tree was leaning over the house = $6000.

I just re-read your post. The tree in question is hung up on some others?

I saw that happen a few years ago when some amateurs tried doing a Paul Bunyan with a rented chain saw. The tree fell across an apartment driveway but got hung up on a tree on the other side. Cars were driving under it as they were trying to dislodge it with ropes tied to the bumper of their pickup truck. The only thing missing was the Benny Hill music.

There may be weird tensions on the wood so erratic results would be expected when cutting.

Update!

Thanks for all the input and help!

Finally got this resolved, pictures always best, didn't realize I didn't post any before.

This is basically how it all looked. Big nasty tree. It looks like 2 tree but it's 1 with a split trunk.
tree before.jpg

This is what I determined to be the main problem.
02 IMG_4565.jpg

Now all gone!!!
tree after 2.jpg

I did reach out to the city, and they said it wasn't their property (the ravine) and was private. I called the manager at UofT of scarb, manager of grounds etc, left voice mail, no response. Ask the counsellor in my area if they could track down who's property it was, no reply yet.

I decided this was taking too long and worried this tangled mess might fall apart with the next storm etc. So called around. I was only able to find 2 people interested in coming to look at the trees. Well actually 3.
Either people didn't answer, didn't return voicemail, or voice mail was full.

The main issue was 1 tree tangled ,which was resting on a broken branch, and if it did fall would crash into my shed and neighbours garage.

The first guy was visiting my neighbour and I called him over, he was ok to take a look. Said to throw a rope up there and pull it over. $150 for the job. But I could do it myself. Umm ok I wasn't comfortable because I thought there was more to it.

Second guy, retired tree guy, looked at it and in a couple of minutes said no problem, if all you need is that tree dropped $80. Then we chatted about the trees, types, etc. Told him about the other guy, said they didn't have experience, and he wouldn't tell me his method.

Third guy came by and looked at it several different ways, asked me if losing the shed was going to be a problem as he couldn't figure out how not to damage it, and he would have to rig up some things etc. and bringing all this gear would cost around $600...he was good about but I said no.

Called the second guy back as now I had some doubts about the shed, he said no problem, no issues with the shed.

He was here this afternoon and had the tree down in about 10 minutes, cutting it at the base first with a chainsaw. It was impressive he slid the tree down the branches and pivoted it. Asked him if he was ok to chop everything up in manageable pieces and cut the rest down, no problem.
$200 and done. (y)

Worked out much better then I thought.

I feel it's one of those things once you start to build it, that's when someone will get back to you on who own's it.... 🙄
It's what I call my B-I-L syndrome. He'll be throwing something in the garbage but if someone says they can use it it suddenly has value.

Update!

Finally got this resolved, pictures always best, didn't realize I didn't post any before.

This is basically how it all looked. Big nasty tree. It looks like 2 tree but it's 1 with a split trunk.
View attachment 48911

View attachment 48912

Now all gone!!!
View attachment 48913

I did reach out to the city, and they said it wasn't their property (the ravine) and was private. I called the manager at UofT of scarb, manager of grounds etc, left voice mail, no response. Ask the counsellor in my area if they could track down who's property it was, no reply yet.

I decided this was taking too long and worried this tangled mess might fall apart with the next storm etc. So called around. I was only able to find 2 people interested in coming to look at the trees. Well actually 3.

The main issue was 1 tree tangled ,which was resting on a broken branch, and if it did fall would crash into my shed and neighbours garage.

The first guy was visiting my neighbour and I called him over, he was ok to take a look. Said to throw a rope up there and pull it over. $150 for the job. But I could do it myself. Umm ok I wasn't comfortable because I thought there was more to it.

Second guy, retired tree guy, looked at it and in a couple of minutes said no problem, if all you need is that tree dropped $80. Then we chatted about the trees, types, etc. Told him about the other guy, said they didn't have experience, and he wouldn't tell me his method.

Third guy came by and looked at it several different ways, asked me if losing the shed was going to be a problem as he couldn't figure out how not to damage it, and he would have to rig up some things etc. and bringing all this gear would cost around $600...he was good about but I said no.

Called the second guy back as now I had some doubts about the shed, he said no problem, no issues with the shed.

He was here this afternoon and had the tree down in about 10 minutes, cutting it at the base first with a chainsaw. It was impressive he slid the tree down the branches and pivoted it. Asked him if he was ok to chop everything up in manageable pieces and cut the rest down, no problem.
$200 and done. (y)

@sburns hate to resurrect an old thread but do you still have the number of the guy you used? If so, would you please share it?

Update!

View attachment 48911

View attachment 48912

Now all gone!!!
View attachment 48913

$200 and done. (y)

Mine came down in pieces and cost five grand. Now I have to buy a replacement tree

I just had a tree removed at my backyard, I used these guys, good recommendations, outstanding job and price was twice lower than my other 2 quotes. They are out of Newmarket so I think they work mostly in York Region.

Mine came down in pieces and cost five grand. Now I have to buy a replacement tree
Yeah I remember you mentioning that before. That's sucky. Hopefully there is silverlining somewhere.

A week or so after the tree came down we had a wind storm and neighbour's trees were swaying like hula girls. Sometimes the silver lining is nothing happened.

Back
Top Bottom