Toronto Harley/Ducatti dealer closed? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Harley/Ducatti dealer closed?

... If you observe GP bikes business model, they keep cost down by putting alot of bikes and mechandise inside a really tiny store. If i run that HD store, it will be exclusively used bikes that are 1 year old and from every manufacturer. Guranteed to put gp out of business. And yes, tires have expiration date. Not a date per say. Common sense tells me so.

Ah, when was the last time you were at GP Bikes? They moved into a HUGE new store in Whitby a year ago.

And you are welcome to start a business based on what ever model, business plan you'd like. However, I wouldn't bet on your store putting Jerry out of business. It takes much more then just selling product. Jerry has a great staff of people. The most important being in his parts & service areas.

Last edited:
I've been there 3 times already, all the Harley and Ducati gear, parts and, accessaries are 50% off and all the new Harley bikes were sold at cost. They offered them to thier employees first then the public, but just a sellected few were notifed first. The new Ducati's are not for sale at a discount, but there is a whole bunch of used Harleys and Ducatis that are up for grabs but no one is giving a striaght answer. I also inquired about the service hoists and stands and some of the tools and racks. The only answer I got is to come in the store closer to the official closing date of April 9th and inquire then.

I've been there 3 times already, all the Harley and Ducati gear, parts and, accessaries are 50% off and all the new Harley bikes were sold at cost. They offered them to thier employees first then the public, but just a sellected few were notifed first. The new Ducati's are not for sale at a discount, but there is a whole bunch of used Harleys and Ducatis that are up for grabs but no one is giving a striaght answer. I also inquired about the service hoists and stands and some of the tools and racks. The only answer I got is to come in the store closer to the official closing date of April 9th and inquire then.

Chris McDermott posted this on the Ducati Owners forum.

April 9 is closing day for Harley of Toronto. There has been a mad blowout of parts and bikes. My apologies for not announcing this for those that would be interested. The mad selling of everything Harley started almost before employees where given notice. Being out of my hands, I also was hesitant to step on what is yet to be the future for Ducati Toronto.

Nothing is written in stone as yet, but there is reason to believe that Ducati will stay put under new ownership. We have sold some Ducati's due to the increased traffic. We are not doing the 50% off that was done with Harley (most everything sold by Tuesday).

The minute that anyone with a Ducati in for storage or service needs to worry about closed doors, Mike and I will be on the phone to let you know. Harley is not starting any new work orders. Ducati work is proceeding with the understanding that we will keep those doors open. There is still a week or so before we know exactly what is to be. Having a chance to make it something much better for the customers, and myself, is exactly where my hopes are.

Chris McDermott posted this on the Ducati Owners forum.

April 9 is closing day for Harley of Toronto. There has been a mad blowout of parts and bikes. My apologies for not announcing this for those that would be interested. The mad selling of everything Harley started almost before employees where given notice. Being out of my hands, I also was hesitant to step on what is yet to be the future for Ducati Toronto.

Nothing is written in stone as yet, but there is reason to believe that Ducati will stay put under new ownership. We have sold some Ducati's due to the increased traffic. We are not doing the 50% off that was done with Harley (most everything sold by Tuesday).

The minute that anyone with a Ducati in for storage or service needs to worry about closed doors, Mike and I will be on the phone to let you know. Harley is not starting any new work orders. Ducati work is proceeding with the understanding that we will keep those doors open. There is still a week or so before we know exactly what is to be. Having a chance to make it something much better for the customers, and myself, is exactly where my hopes are.

Well the building has been sold.
How can ducati support that huge warehouse?
Sounds more like wishfull thinking

There are no more bikes for sale as of last tuesday.
The bikes in the front window are privately owned.

All the Ducs are probably still owned by Ducati (that is why they probably will not sell them at discounted prices) seeing as the dealership seemed incapable of paying the bills. last summer Ducati went into the dealer ship to pick up all the bikes due to monies owed, DNA returned them after a 11th hour deal. The signs have been there for the last 2 years

Last edited:
That shop rose from the former Rev Cycle down on Bathurst.It and the HD dealer beside it moved up to the new location.it was all managed by an eastern family with money sent into the country from the father.Over the years it ran out of money many times.The Lambo dealer (Part of Rev) suffered from this not so steady influx of cash.It was all just a cool place full of toys for the filthy rich.

Spot on.

A relative of mine was one of the people that worked in that building. The owner, (who also owns Lamborghini Canada, and the old HD shop on Bathurst/Front), clearly overbudgeted and was eventually not able to pay most of the private contractors that worked there (the new building on Lawrence, which was demolished inside and rebuilt completely). The people that worked there (some for well over a year, and many who paid for the material out of their own pockets) were not paid a dime, and presumably eventually filed suit for it (after COUNTLESS of promises). The ranges owed for the work done were from as high as 200,000$. After a couple years, they were offered a tentative deal to 10% (lol) of what they were owed if they would literally shut up about it (though some were not offered anything at all). Can't say for certain (though likely), the owner has claimed bankruptcy and the building is being repossessed.

A lot of you might not care, but the people that worked there were hurt very badly, and it's unfortunate for all parties it had to be shut down.

Just wanted to chime in, even though it's a bit private subject material and not particularly appropriate.

Owner lost the Lambo distribution for Canada. Rumour has it that Ducati is about to pull the plug they last year ., Triumph pulled the plug on them years ago.

Last edited:
There are a few other reasons why Deely Canada/ Harley-Davidson has pulled the plug on Harley Toronto. I purchased a bike from them in 2007 and it wasn't till I had traded it in to another dealer that I found out all the issues I had with my bike, that were directly related to the service and sales of HD Toronto. A salesman at another dealer gave me some "inside" information that made sense why HD would pull thier dealership. In my opinion, the mamagent/owners should be ashamed of themselves and should never be involved in the motorcycle community again.

There are a few other reasons why Deely Canada/ Harley-Davidson has pulled the plug on Harley Toronto. I purchased a bike from them in 2007 and it wasn't till I had traded it in to another dealer that I found out all the issues I had with my bike, that were directly related to the service and sales of HD Toronto. A salesman at another dealer gave me some "inside" information that made sense why HD would pull thier dealership. In my opinion, the mamagent/owners should be ashamed of themselves and should never be involved in the motorcycle community again.

If this is true, it proves their mechanics weren't competent, and Deeley Canada owes me 1400$ for 2 broken belt drives they refused to warranty.
One belt broke a day after i had a tire replaced, paid for a new one after much argument, picked up the bike, turned the corner in front of the Lambo dealer, Michel the sales guy was on the curb having a smoke, waved at me as i passed by and witnessed my belt break again as i put it in second gear.
I didn't even make it 200ft, and rolled up the alley in neutral to the back gates of the shop.
Again, they didn't want to replace a brand new belt.
Took 10 days to get someone from Deeley to come down and check out the situation.
I never get a return call, so i go down there to ask whats happening, only to find out they aren't replacing the belt, on my paperwork it says > "Belt broken due to customer abuse"?!?!?!?! WTF?
I directly confront Ahed the owner, as we always had friendly conversations up to that point, especially when i'm spending money in his shop. He tells me he can't do anything.

I toss my bike in a truck and take it to my brother Donny at Heavy Duty to have a look.
Takes him 30 seconds to see the wheel isn't centered, the spacers are on the wrong side, belt was cocked, so any power applied to it would shear it immediately, it's very important that they are installed laser straight.

The only reason i was at the dealer in the first place was for warranty service, i expect them to know the bike better than anyone. Big mistake.
I get the 5k service done, guy even test rides it, hands it over to me, i start it up, right away i can hear the primary chain singing, waaay too tight. He grabs his wrenches and adjusts it in the parking lot. I get on to ride away, i notice the exhaust pipe moving, both pipes are on finger tight, basically rattling around.
Another time for 50k service, i pick it up, clutch is so badly adjusted, wouldn't have made it 200kms before burning out.

And that was my last trip to Harley, after that, i heard stories every week about someones bike either breaking down or parts coming off due to crappy workmanship.

Every single time, something wasn't installed correctly or on tight, i would lose parts and think its true what people say, Harleys shake the parts off, but ever since i started doing all the work myself, i have never lost a thing.
Whoever cleans up the side of the highway must have a wicked HD parts collection, i know i have about 500 in parts out there. :mad:

If this is true, it proves their mechanics weren't competent, and Deeley Canada owes me 1400$ for 2 broken belt drives they refused to warranty.
One belt broke a day after i had a tire replaced, paid for a new one after much argument, picked up the bike, turned the corner in front of the Lambo dealer, Michel the sales guy was on the curb having a smoke, waved at me as i passed by and witnessed my belt break again as i put it in second gear.
I didn't even make it 200ft, and rolled up the alley in neutral to the back gates of the shop.
Again, they didn't want to replace a brand new belt.
Took 10 days to get someone from Deeley to come down and check out the situation.
I never get a return call, so i go down there to ask whats happening, only to find out they aren't replacing the belt, on my paperwork it says > "Belt broken due to customer abuse"?!?!?!?! WTF?
I directly confront Ahed the owner, as we always had friendly conversations up to that point, especially when i'm spending money in his shop. He tells me he can't do anything.

I toss my bike in a truck and take it to my brother Donny at Heavy Duty to have a look.
Takes him 30 seconds to see the wheel isn't centered, the spacers are on the wrong side, belt was cocked, so any power applied to it would shear it immediately, it's very important that they are installed laser straight.

The only reason i was at the dealer in the first place was for warranty service, i expect them to know the bike better than anyone. Big mistake.
I get the 5k service done, guy even test rides it, hands it over to me, i start it up, right away i can hear the primary chain singing, waaay too tight. He grabs his wrenches and adjusts it in the parking lot. I get on to ride away, i notice the exhaust pipe moving, both pipes are on finger tight, basically rattling around.
Another time for 50k service, i pick it up, clutch is so badly adjusted, wouldn't have made it 200kms before burning out.

And that was my last trip to Harley, after that, i heard stories every week about someones bike either breaking down or parts coming off due to crappy workmanship.

Every single time, something wasn't installed correctly or on tight, i would lose parts and think its true what people say, Harleys shake the parts off, but ever since i started doing all the work myself, i have never lost a thing.
Whoever cleans up the side of the highway must have a wicked HD parts collection, i know i have about 500 in parts out there. :mad:

It sounds like it should be the dealership paying for your belts rather than having them claimed under warranty.. Sounds like your bike was in the trusted hands of a couple of door knobs..

If its poor worksmanship than its the service dept that should eat the cost as its not an issue of a defective part but poor service.

And people in Canada and the U.S. complain about the quality of workmanship on things from Asia?

I can attest to shoddy workmanship to was not until my bike went somewhere else that I found out what was done.
Once was charged for a repair that I found out afterwards was a known issue and should have been done as a warranty issue

It sounds like it should be the dealership paying for your belts rather than having them claimed under warranty.. Sounds like your bike was in the trusted hands of a couple of door knobs..

If its poor worksmanship than its the service dept that should eat the cost as its not an issue of a defective part but poor service.

Exactly, which is why i went straight to the top, Deeley Canada, expecting someone with some logic and common sense would resolve this issue, my mistake. :rolleyes:
I got Buzz Greene himself on the phone twice and explained what was going on, i may as well have been talking to a brass monkey, total waste of my time, nothing but denial.

If there is one thing i've learned in my old age, it's to be patient, what goes around does come around eventually.
This is a perfect example, i hope the owner bought lots of fried foods with my 1400$ and has a heart attack tomorrow.
:thebirdman:

Apparently Ducati dropped the bomb , they are officially removed from the Ducati website

Apparently Ducati dropped the bomb , they are officially removed from the Ducati website

Again, Chris McDermott posted this on the Ducati Owners forum.

since Monday, if you go to the Ducati (Canada, USA, or world) site, you will see that Ducati Toronto no longer exists.

What I have done is made sure we have oil, belts, etc. to do some service. You could do us ( your bike and me) a favor and come in for stuff I can knock out in a short or long blast through a day. No worries, you get it back at the end of the day, sorted.

The old Ducati Toronto is dead, officially. What will we have to look forward to? I wish someone would tell me about it.....soon

Back
Top Bottom