Tool Time - What's in your box? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tool Time - What's in your box?

Chain / cable hoist?

Sort of. A normal one would actually be better for purposes. This is an air balancer. Adjust pressure in drum to cancel gravity and make objects float and easy to move. Can cancel out up to 475 lbs. Would normally be used for something like a heavy tool or fixture on an assembly line.
We use one to load and unload molds and dies.

Not used often for obvious reasons and we probably all have at least one but this one is a little cooler than most. Who can spot the improvement?

20221113-142803.jpg

20221113-142823.jpg

As Ichiban Moto would say, "That's bad ass!"

1. Ratchet to nut in a location with access issues. Slot is obviously important as well.

2. Punch. Normally for leather with clearance for punched disks. Pretty large holes though. Drill to stud dirtbike tires?
1. Hint - it’s not offset because it’s used on hard to reach areas, it’s because of the slot (which is the important part)
2. Not a punch, not used on dirtbike. Close though.

1. Hint - it’s not offset because it’s used on hard to reach areas, it’s because of the slot (which is the important part)
2. Not a punch, not used on dirtbike. Close though.
Isn't 1 just an O2 sensor socket?

2 snowmobile studs?

Here is one that is pretty obscure (less than a handful in the country). Knife has nothing to do with it, it is just there for scale.

20221116-215956.jpg[

Bought the Motion Pro chain slack and alignment tools - total waste for a street bike.
Useful on a long travel off road bike perhaps.

Here is one that is pretty obscure (less than a handful in the country). Knife has nothing to do with it, it is just there for scale.

20221116-215956.jpg[
Sound mapping camera?

Pretty straight forward. M5 x 0.8 x 90
20221117_111509.jpg
This can save you a ton of frustration.
I'll give you a hint: I use this when changing tires on a spoked wheel.

Screws into valve stem so you dont lose the tube?

I'm thinking more along the lines of using it to guide the valve stem through the rim hole during mounting, as opposed to trying to push it in with your fingers jammed between the tire and rim?

View attachment 58472

View attachment 58472
The only thing I can think you would do with that is pass across the rim lips, under the bead and tube to roll out tube kinks?

I change tires on laced wheels from time to time, I want to eliminate a Ton of Frustration!

Changing brake pads on the sled it took about 40 minutes getting the thing apart due to tight access for one bolt. Then I got smart. Bending and grinding a spare wrench means it now takes about 2 minutes.
IMG_0111.jpg

Handy tool. Don't use it much. Paid for itself the first time it was used.
d8d5ea299ce2c6c4faad2d924e68830c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom