Tool Time - What's in your box? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tool Time - What's in your box?

Handy tool. Don't use it much. Paid for itself the first time it was used.
d8d5ea299ce2c6c4faad2d924e68830c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Rivnuts?

Yes. Riv-nuts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Love those things. I changed over my boat deck rail supports. They were originally just held in with self tapping screws, rivets really improved the holding power.

How often do you need pads on your sled?
So far just once. But I'm ready for next time and my nieghbour with the identical sled doesn't have to learn this lesson now though.

If you don't have one of these sets you probably should. This isn't a great set but it's still extremely handy. These used to go on sale years ago at CTC for about $50. Not sure what they are now.

IMG_0187.jpg

I'm sure lots of you have a use for these but they really deserve to live in your toolbox. Great for fishing out valve keepers and lately I been using them whenever I'm separating wires in a harness. They allow you to reach in and pull on the metal connector instead of just yanking on the wire.
IMG_0190.jpg

Bike tool.jpg

I was changing the fork springs on the Goldwing and just about cross threaded the caps trying to push and turn them into the tubes. I wasn't going to try it a second time if I ever had to do seals.

Since the bike was a US model it came with air pressure valves on the caps.

By replacing the upper spring washer with a full washer I can clamp on the triple and compress the spring until the caps are threaded in place. The rod fits through the hole when the air valves are removed.

View attachment 59317

I was changing the fork springs on the Goldwing and just about cross threaded the caps trying to push and turn them into the tubes. I wasn't going to try it a second time if I ever had to do seals.

By replacing the upper spring washer with a full washer I can clamp on the triple and compress the spring until the caps are threaded in place. The rod fits through the hole when the air valves are removed.
Did you have the front wheel in the air? Those caps always go in much easier if the weight of the front end isn't working against you.

View attachment 59317

I found it easier to do that backwards. Cap clamped in soft jaws on vise and hold/spring tube. Far more controllable and easy to maintain required alignment. Obviously requires the tube off the bike. Your Tool looks easier.

Back
Top Bottom