Tool Time - What's in your box? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tool Time - What's in your box?

I think I've run out of obscure tools. This is the last one in the drawer that people might not have seen before:
widgetA.jpg

I think I've run out of obscure tools. This is the last one in the drawer that people might not have seen before:
View attachment 58372
It could obviously be an adjustable stop. I've used a similar concept with different construction on a lathe. I'm having trouble coming up with a good use on a bike.

My wild guess is something for one person to measure suspension sag or travel?

20221111-135800.jpg

Don't see this style here for some reason... when I came to canada it was pretty much the first tool I bought and had to have it shipped from Oz.

20221111_143933.jpg

Post #26 is a torque wrench, the units give that away. I haven't seen that type before though. Google tells me it is a deflecting beam type.

I'm still stuck on post #25. It's a pump of some sort, and the loose wires indicate it's usually attached to another piece of equipment and not something you plug into the wall. The push-on hose fittings indicate that it's not something high pressure. None of the 'Y' connections make any sense to me though.

You're all on the right track. Short answer is vacuum pump. Longer answer is it came from a dodgy Chinese beauty machine from a spa. Silver knob is a bleed to control pressure. Pump itself is one motor with two pumps for more flow. The clear/white thing is a filter to keep contaminants out of the pump. As for use, whatever you need vacuum for. With an intermediate chamber it could bleed brakes, I have used it to vacuum dry a sup board that got damaged and wet, etc, etc. It works much better than a fish tank aerator with the valve reversed and until I had this I used a venturi to generate vacuum which uses ungodly amounts of compressed air.

EDIT:
Here's the donor. Giant metal box with some leds and a vacuum pump. Controlled by a touchscreen. Look at at the things it does! It's a shame that I tore it apart.

rBNaN2D1TDmAP4JVAAIQUINkg54633.jpg

Last edited:
Homemade.

Attachments

• 20221111_164543.jpg
    20221111_164543.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 29
I know what that is and where you got it but not what you're using it for

Sent from the future
Ya. That footpump piston didn't go to recycle. Ossa crankshafts are fitted from the left side of the crankcase, and held in with a cover that holds the case seal and the left main bearing. The Ossa special case cover puller is $400.

View attachment 58372
Actually pretty common if you have a chain drive. As @Wingboy mentioned, looks blue so I'm going with Motion Pro as opposed to knockoff chain alignment tool.

Reactions: Ash

Back
Top Bottom