To be masked or not to be masked | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

One wonders if the cavalier approach might change if it was ebola instead of covid. :coffee:

This figure describes how people who wore a face covering were less likely to test positive than people who didn’t wear one.

a good summary of how masks help both the wearer and the public

Masking advice changed over the history of the pandemic as more was learned and the virus itself changed into a far more infectious version.
Notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the diagram. *Not statistically significant. I'll let you look up what that means. I thought the CDC were supposed to be the NOT DUMB ones?!?

In any case, if you're going to wear a mask for me, it needs to be a properly applied/removed/disposed of respirator and you need to wear it 24/7. Have you done your training yet?

Unless you're living alone, one of the most likely places to get infected is at home. Do you wear a mask there?

Sorry if I'm a bit cynical about how people wear masks.

What if you’re too dumb to comprehend what you’re actually being told by people who:

a) aren’t dumb
b) spent their entire career working on these matters to become experts in the field

Is it then still in your best interest to follow “feelings” if they run contrary to advice from those outlined above?

Asking for a friend.

Also…what if you’re too dumb to realize that you’re actually dumb when it comes to these matters? Matters, incidentally, that also impact health and healthcare access by the majority.

If it wasn’t apparent from the last two years then it should be apparent now that as a species we are ******!
Dunning Kruger Effect compounded by too many issues, political, financial, personal etc.

Notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the diagram. *Not statistically significant. I'll let you look up what that means. I thought the CDC were supposed to be the NOT DUMB ones?!?

In any case, if you're going to wear a mask for me, it needs to be a properly applied/removed/disposed of respirator and you need to wear it 24/7. Have you done your training yet?

Unless you're living alone, one of the most likely places to get infected is at home. Do you wear a mask there?

Sorry if I'm a bit cynical about how people wear masks.

My brother was fit, didn't smoke but died of lung cancer.

A lady around the corner has stage 4 lung cancer and has been a health nut all her life.

A woman my wife worked with was a vegetarian, slim, non smoker and died of lung cancer.

Therefore the smoking / cancer co-relation should be ignored.

Covid prevention is a percentage game just like a lot of life events.

Therefore the smoking / cancer co-relation should be ignored
an odd note on that, tobacco leaves attract radioactive particles in the air to their leaves and that's what causes the cancer.....the tobacco is just a carrier.
tobacco also contains radioactive materials: polonium-210 and lead-210. Together, the toxic and radioactive substances in cigarettes harm smokers. They also harm people exposed to secondhand smoke.
tho there are other health busting chemicals in the cigarette.

an odd note on that, tobacco leaves attract radioactive particles in the air to their leaves and that's what causes the cancer.....the tobacco is just a carrier.

tho there are other health busting chemicals in the cigarette.
A quick search of various government sites shows that there are something like 70 different carcinogens in cigarette smoke.

Health Canada had these folks growing medicine in a old mine, hows that for heavy metal contamination.
Prairie Plant Systems Inc. & CanniMed Ltd. Awarded First Two Medical Marijuana Licenses by Health Canada
Sorry about the thread hijack FWIW.

So called experts preach wear mask, get shots, then show up places without masks and no social distancing. OK?
I've had my recommended 2 shots, spent day in bed after both, with a really sore arm.
Wore the mask when it was mandated everywhere i went.
Just not interested in putting any more toxins in my body.
Not interested in wearing a mask if i feel perfectly fine and it is not mandated.
When i'm sick i stay home.
Seems real simple to me, but then i lack any real intelligence that the rest of the world seems to have these days.
Oh by the way, some people that i was close to died recently, but not of COVID.
One by mental illness brought on by all the crap and scare tactics over the last couple years.
The other by a plain old heart attack brought on by eating a western diet that the experts recommended in the food guide, then changed it and changed it again, and again, because i don't care how much education you think you have, you are still guessing when it comes to new things that are invented, and all possibilities that could influence the out come of it.
Remember Ureaformaldihyde or UFI, government gave grants to insulate your home with it, because experts with lots of educations said it was safe , turned out to be deadly and they gave grants to have it removed, now no one cares anymore. Same with asbestos another experts recommendation, and on and on.
Don't be so gullible to believe that a title gives them any special powers, or an education makes you any wiser.
It is the person that obtains these things that actually makes the title mean something and the education put to good use.
I got 95's throughout school and i value my time on the street more than i do my education.
Next thing the know it all's will tell me that all police are good, and that no doctors get charged with malpractice.
You are so funny.

So called experts preach wear mask, get shots, then show up places without masks and no social distancing. OK?
I've had my recommended 2 shots, spent day in bed after both, with a really sore arm.
Not interested in wearing a mask if i feel perfectly fine and it is not mandated.
Seems real simple to me, but then i lack any real intelligence that the rest of the world seems to have these days.
One by mental illness brought on by all the crap and scare tactics over the last couple years.
The other by a plain old heart attack brought on by eating a western diet that the experts recommended in the food guide, then changed it and changed it again, and again, because i don't care how much education you think you have, you are still guessing when it comes to new things that are invented, and all possibilities that could influence the out come of it.
Remember Ureaformaldihyde or UFI, government gave grants to insulate your home with it, because experts with lots of educations said it was safe , turned out to be deadly and they gave grants to have it removed, now no one cares anymore. Same with asbestos another experts recommendation, and on and on.
Don't be so gullible to believe that a title gives them any special powers, or an education makes you any wiser.
It is the person that obtains these things that actually makes the title mean something and the education put to good use.
I got 95's throughout school and i value my time on the street more than i do my education.
Next thing the know it all's will tell me that all police are good, and that no doctors get charged with malpractice.
You are so funny.
Toxins? Tell me what are the toxins that are in the vaccine that you’re concerned about? Go ahead, use the scientific terms for them, I’m good with those.

Don’t know how good you are with statistics but billions of doses of vaccine have been given around the world. If what you claim is true then hospitals should all be full of vaccine injured people. They aren’t. That’s a myth propagated by ******* idiots.

On another note, the Ornge helicopter has made visits at least once a day every day to our local hospital. I know as my office is nearby. This isn’t usual. I don’t think it’s a high incidence of traffic accidents, I’m fairly sure it’s patient transfer. If wearing a ******* mask is the least you can do to cut down on issues surrounding access to healthcare right now, you’d really have to have a good argument not to do so.

Last edited:
You are so funny.
Wow.

Geeez dude why you so angry, you should learn to relax and not stress so much.
Also get in tune with reality, i don't care what scientific name you put on it, any man made potion you put in your body is a toxin.
Everyone is allowed an opinion, and calling people names and trying to belittle them doesn't help any discussion.
You can't force people to see your point of you the louder you yell.
But then again, Russia invading Ukraine is probably OK with you. (Example don''t flip out)

Back
Top Bottom