To be masked or not to be masked | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

I don't know, i just feel like drug stores could do it in this exceptional time to reduce the burden on the system.
They could, but ultimately they are businesses first and health care second. Most are independently owned. Why should some business owners be singled out in this mess with increased costs? I am sure some would be happy to do it as a service to the community but I wouldn't fault those who didn't want to participate. Also, you still need some sort of approved sticker from somewhere or they could get their ass sued off by a moron with a vector to a lottery win. I doubt the government would let things get that close to the end user without labeling. If they are going to force french onto packaging, I suspect it will be a shipment in a warehouse that gets opened, labelled, inspected and repackaged before going out to stores.

They could, but ultimately they are businesses first and health care second. Most are independently owned. Why should some business owners be singled out in this mess with increased costs? I am sure some would be happy to do it as a service to the community but I wouldn't fault those who didn't want to participate. Also, you still need some sort of approved sticker from somewhere or they could get their ass sued off by a moron with a vector to a lottery win. I doubt the government would let things get that close to the end user without labeling. If they are going to force french onto packaging, I suspect it will be a shipment in a warehouse that gets opened, labelled, inspected and repackaged before going out to stores.

The reason i say that is because they already print stickers to put on prescription meds.
So its not out of character for them.

And in the meantime they are still getting an influx of people asking for the meds as they tend to keep em behind the counter to prevent people from hoarding them. So they're still busier as a result of the shortage at the pharmacy/drug store

I don't know, i just feel like drug stores could do it in this exceptional time to reduce the burden on the system.
But is the problem with not having the stickers when it enters Canada, or is it only on the shelves?

But is the problem with not having the stickers when it enters Canada, or is it only on the shelves?

It becomes an issue at the retail/consumer level. There's companies that do nothing but re-sticker, rework, product to meet Canada's bilingual requirements for manufacturers and importers.
The easiest solution would be for the government to wave some of the rules and let the product that won't be going to QC be sold with English only packaging and just concentrate on reworking the QC bond product.

It becomes an issue at the retail/consumer level. There's companies that do nothing but re-sticker, rework, product to meet Canada's bilingual requirements for manufacturers and importers.
The easiest solution would be for the government to wave some of the rules and let the product that won't be going to QC be sold with English only packaging and just concentrate on reworking the QC bond product.
This.
Due to shortage you could definitely waive the requirement in "ROC" lol

On the masking we continue to be cautious, wearing them in crowded spots, shopping etc.

I bought some N95's but can't find KN95s that a re easier to put on and take off.

Looking to get a booster. I'll have more serum than blood if this keeps up.

Kieran Moore shortly after giving a press conference on how important masking was indoors to protect hospitals attended a Toronto Life party and didn't wear a mask. They don't even pretend to care anymore. If he can't be bothered to follow the advice he says is so important, we shouldn't bother to pay him to dispense the garbage advice.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Kieran Moore shortly after giving a press conference on how important masking was indoors to protect hospitals attended a Toronto Life party and didn't wear a mask. They don't even pretend to care anymore. If he can't be bothered to follow the advice he says is so important, we shouldn't bother to pay him to dispense the garbage advice.
As we have seen throughout this crisis our politicians are all about, "Do as I say, not as I do." And it doesn't matter what political party they're members of. Look what happened in Alberta.

Took my dad up for his cancer treatments at Sunnybrook.

Six feet away from the cancer patient waiting room in the same open atrium, is a Tim Hortons where you remove your mask to eat and drink.

Sometimes the perspectives don't quite make sense.

With the so-called booster people are getting, and the claims of not getting as ill, why not leave the mask off and let it run its course
If running its course meant never having to worry about it again for the rest of my life I'd give it some thought.

However not everyone gets off with a sore throat and cough. My S-I-L in New Zealand got it in February and is still weak. She was fit and did long hikes. Now she has to push herself.

We have a few friends and relatives undergoing medical treatments or dealing with health issues. We don't want to pass anything on.

If running its course meant never having to worry about it again for the rest of my life I'd give it some thought.

However not everyone gets off with a sore throat and cough. My S-I-L in New Zealand got it in February and is still weak. She was fit and did long hikes. Now she has to push herself.

We have a few friends and relatives undergoing medical treatments or dealing with health issues. We don't want to pass anything on.

Exactly. Many people who want to just "let it run its course" also seem to have a "culling the herd" mentality, not considering the many loved ones it would have either a long term, or permanent effect upon. Previously perfectly healthy people now have the effects of "long Covid" to deal with, for the rest of their lives.

" so called booster" ... :rolleyes:
it does not prevent you getting covid ...many people have had it numerous times.
It does make suffering a serious case needing a hospital less likely . Your attitude to vaccines seems amiss.

Cases are climbing rapidly - put your damn mask on in crowded venues. :coffee:

Wear your own damn mask.

Wear your own damn mask.

4th booster, apt. for flu shot on Thursday. Will get the bi-valent when I'm eligible. If Moore is telling me to wear a mask but not wear one himself, neither am I. I'm done with this grandstanding Chicken Little bullsh@t.

Nature of the Beast for people to want to tell others what to do, to have hidden agenda's that benefit them and their in crowd.
For influencers to sway the herd. It started when we were kids and moves onward into so called adult hood.
In fact socially we never left high school and these so called experts are only what they are because society gave them a title.
Any or all of these people are guessing at what's best. No one will ever know for sure (test results are not fact)
Be a strong individual and do what you think is in your own best interests, based on your own situation.
Remember its a so called FREE country and no one has the right to F#$$ with your life but you.
Be healthy in your own mind and body and you wont have to worry about the issues.
Society has become 10 ply and its sickening to watch all the BS that goes on.

Back
Top Bottom