To be masked or not to be masked | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

Healthy kids apparently were low risk, but they locked them down because a huge percentage of what those kids would do / will do , is in interaction with adults or requires adults , and those adults need to mask and stay home. You don’t get 8yr olds organizing arena hockey or running a dance studio .
These kids with RSV are an unfortunate side effect of the program .

There is so much that was learned as we go along in this plague , I wont fault anyone that said mask, wash hands , whatever , much was reactive but find me the guy the knew how this would genuinely play out.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Healthy kids apparently were low risk, but they locked them down because a huge percentage of what those kids would do / will do , is in interaction with adults or requires adults , and those adults need to mask and stay home. You don’t get 8yr olds organizing arena hockey or running a dance studio .

There is so much that was learned as we go along in this plague , I wont fault anyone that said mask, wash hands , whatever , much was reactive but find me the guy the knew how this would genuinely play out.

I will give them the pass earlier on as I agree with you. Continuing to spout crap as medical necessity while ignoring their own advice has caused them to lose all trust and authority.

If someone presents number without context, then they are trying to lie to you. Mislead, at the very least. "Fatal accidents of <X Type> are up 50% this year over last! Something must be done!!!" If the number of <X Type> accidents was 2 last year and is 3 this year, in a population of some millions, then it likely isn't a real cause for concern.

The NY health commissioner admitted to doing exactly this last year to scare parents into vaccinating their kids. "400% increase in child hospitalization becauae of omicron". Meanwhile it was something like 50 kids in a city with a population of approx 500000 kids under 5yo.

My questions are about relying on experts without questioning them - Do you trust them implicitly? Do you willingly take their advice should we challenge more vigorously before proceeding? Do you prosecute them if they withhold or distort facts, mislead or lie by omission?

I wouldn't expect a layman to have forecasted what's happening with RSV and flu now, but it's pretty clear all the TV immunology expert doctors did, but decided to hold back advice that was contrary to mask, close schools, and no gathering. Were they gagged or just too meek to stand up and present facts?

Simplist question is why were those risks not communicated to the public?

Take the politics out of the science and we would have probably seen many things done differently
I read into that statement a strong sense of distrust.

I'm starting to see how easy the experts make it for conspiracy wackos.

You go ahead and explain it better, after seeing what has been happening for the last three yrs and we still have not got a grip on this, sorta kinda leaves one to wonder if the government has really learned anything from it

You go ahead and explain it better, after seeing what has been happening for the last three yrs and we still have not got a grip on this, sorta kinda leaves one to wonder if the government has really learned anything from it
They/we have learned lots from it.ICUs aren't filled with COVID cases. Fatalities are way down. I see success.

They/we have learned lots from it.ICUs aren't filled with COVID cases. Fatalities are way down. I see success.
I’m not that smart when it comes to these things, but the news has been reporting icu as full of covid and respiratory problems

But I'm not as sure as I once was that the experts are as expert as they want me to believe.

It's not so much the validity of the advice, but the cavalier attitude of doling it out then not following it themselves. Just this week after being told to wear masks in crowded indoor settings ONE PC MPP was wearing a mask in the legislature. There's hundreds more examples of it over the last two years. Last christmas we were told to stay home. "If you live in (say) Mississauga and your parents live in (say) Orangeville, don't go there. You're putting them at risk. Stay home". Meanwhile I'm going to the cottage to do some sledding, and hug some total strangers from various other parts of the province.

Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty or give me death"
At the time he owned 65 slaves
What goes on is not what we're told to see

The myth is real - Let's eat

20220211-doug-ford-snowmobile2.jpg

I’m not that smart when it comes to these things, but the news has been reporting icu as full of covid and respiratory problems
Show me the numbers. Pre COVID, max COVID and now.i really think you are exaggerating.
Let's hope the rumours of a second convoy are unfounded.

Take the politics out of the science and we would have probably seen many things done differently

Tam's waffling at the beginning of the pandemic was entirely political. She publicly stated after the fact (and I'm assuming behind closed doors prior) that restricting incoming air traffic from China would be offensive to minorities. That is fact and is not debatable. How many people died needlessly because she wanted to appear to be PC?

Show me the numbers. Pre COVID, max COVID and now.i really think you are exaggerating.
Let's hope the rumours of a second convoy are unfounded.
I’ve not really been paying attention to it anymore, I do my do diligence on what’s required of me, and I’m happy with that.

As far as convoys, don’t really agree with shutting down boarders and cities to make a statement.

Although the government did lift some mandates shortly after the convoy, don’t know if it was because of the protests or not

I will give them the pass earlier on as I agree with you. Continuing to spout crap as medical necessity while ignoring their own advice has caused them to lose all trust and authority.

No more calls, folks. We have our winner.

I’ve not really been paying attention to it anymore, I do my do diligence on what’s required of me, and I’m happy with that.

As far as convoys, don’t really agree with shutting down boarders and cities to make a statement.

Although the government did lift some mandates shortly after the convoy, don’t know if it was because of the protests or not
The mandates that were lifted were scheduled to be removed before the convoy moved a single wheel.

The mandates always had a finite timetable (and were set to be reviewed and in all likelihood lifted/relaxed). They were nothing more than a convenient excuse for the Alberta First/Canada First movement to launch an attack against the government that they were more or less formed from the beginning to do. Dichter, Barber, King, and Lich should all have been brought up on sedition/terrorism charges.

The mandates always had a finite timetable (and were set to be reviewed and in all likelihood lifted/relaxed). They were nothing more than a convenient excuse for the Alberta First movement to launch an attack against the government that they were more or less formed from the beginning to do.
"Look! We won!!" say the organizers, who were in all likelihood already aware that those mandates were being ended.

I’m surprised that we don’t have a thread on the inquiry that just ended

Back
Top Bottom